DCS World 2.1 Update 1 very MIG-21 very stuttery

Verde

Hi guys. Tried instand action Nevada intercept mission in VR, heavy stutters every half a second! Did take A-10C in the same mission runs smooth! So deffinetly something with Mig-21 performance as stutters so hard it is not enjoyable to fly! I think i didnt see that in First 2.1 Nevada iteration.

Yes.Same here after todays patch.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Unplayable. Massive FPS drop and stutter.

Also not a single skin is adapted to the new deferred system, all are covered with grease oil. And also the red instruments backlight are weird and bugged.

dsJ0bJo.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Have you tried with deferred shading on? I don't have red needles like you, but dark green instruments where before were black.

For me playable with glitches

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

It gives me a massive fps hit too, with Deferred Shading, and I have those cyan needles (didnt have instrument illumination on).

Other modules on Nellis ramp, I get 45fps. With the 21, I get 30 fps.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yes, deferred on.

You must turn the backlight dials on the right side panel to see the effect.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Can we have a rollback to the last version of the 21 exept for the Trim bug Please?

I really dont care about what has been done to the Gauges i liked the old ones because they did work.

And its possible that this issue has to do with the FPS Drops.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Can we have a rollback to the last version of the 21 exept for the Trim bug Please?

I really dont care about what has been done to the Gauges i liked the old ones because they did work.

And its possible that this issue has to do with the FPS Drops.

It's entirely possible, just check this thread to see how to revert. This would be for the whole 2.x installation however, for the individual modules the only way is forward - it's an alpha after all, it's what it's for :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, terrible performance since the update 1. Frustratingly, they seemed to fix the stuttering issue I had been having for over year, with 2.1. But it's back again.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's indeed much more stuttery since update 1 than what had been reported before in NTTR.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Same here, flying Beat for the MiG-21 as of now. 2.1 is a lot of stutters, (but it'll get fixed).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Tried this thread from Wags >> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188117

A few notes:

1. Please remove / do not install non-licensed modifications to 2.1. We have seen several cases where such modifications are “breaking” 2.1.

2. Adjust your settings accordingly to your system. Unless you have a bleeding edge system, please do not just set all graphics settings to maximum and expect high performance. Note that several of the Options / Settings have higher values than earlier DCS versions. As such, settings results between versions are not equal.

3. A key aspect of moving to the new deferred lighting and PBR system is also updating all of the objects and cockpits. This process is far from complete and will be an on-going process during the ALPHA and BETA stages.

4. We are aware of the brightness and contrast issues with the new lighting engine and they will be addressed.

5. If you are using VR, please do not run DCS World using Windows Creator, Game mode.

6. If using Deferred Shading, you may wish to set your MSAA and Anisotropic values to zero, and instead enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Yes everything above was already done, then after first 2.1 update that was friday (as i understand the last friday update as all other will be on wednesday from now on) we get significant stutters, that were not present in the first iteration of 2.1. And these stutters are only in MIG-21 as all other modules are running fine in the same conditions and missions;)

I have very bad performance also in 2.1 and have for a while, but it's even worse now. It is only valuable in 1.5 and even then it is the roughest of my modules (with shake off)

Good frame rate but stutters constantly in 2.1 so unplayable. I also have two mig21 modules tabs at the bottom of the home screen. One showing installed one showing uninstalled next to each other which is bizzare . Does anyone else have this?

Have manually uninstalled the module,clean up, repair, then install and still two module tabs and stuttering.

Seems that these days the Mig is a bit neglected.

I had stutters every half a second even before 2.1. But its working better in 1.5. But overall performance is terrible compared to the Belsimtek modules for example. Mig is out of focus indeed. And I wount buy any more ex-LN planes so far just because of that.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

the update 1 has given me terrible FPS in the mig 21 now.

which is a shame as i was having fun with it in Normandy.

those tiny brown smudges they call runways are so terrifying to land on :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I hope this issue gets fixed. The Mig 21 was one of the most exciting modules.

Seems like all the cockpits, instruments and HUDs are suffering from incompatibilities with the new 2.1 lighting?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Yep, it is VR that stutters as it nearly breaks in half your typical 2D FPS, but VR needs more than 2D FPS to run smooth, that is why VR users need better performance and are usually running top of the line hardware.

I just tried the dogfight mission in 2.1,

Using a 2D monitor and TrackIR, the engagement ran smooth as glass.

Hope this helps,

I have the opposite experience on my 1080p monitor. Constant stutters, erratic and lower framerate.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]