[REPORTED] weird artefacts on p-51 screen after install new update

crousti

funny screen on P-51D

Deferring Shading On or Off?

on or off , always the same thing. i've tried to delete the dcs alpha save games & did a repair - no way ??:music_whistling:

On the 1.5 stable version- the p-51 is ok:thumbup:

On the beta 1.5 version- it's ok too.:thumbup:

maybe a corrupted file inside the dcs alpha/mod/aicraft/p-51...:helpsmilie:

It appears in both on and off deferred shading. It's more pronounced with it off.

There is a mod available. I'm not saying it will work. But it worked for me and it's JSGME compatable. WAGs did advise to not use mods on 2.1 so do so at your own risk if it does go wrong you may have to do a repair of the game.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2471753/

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

this mod is a "skin map" and do nothing for this issue.... i use it on my dcs 1.5 stable and it work fine.

Apologies I thought this was referring to the strange textures on the wings of the mustang. I realise it's a separate issue.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

weird artefacts on p-51 screen after install new update :(

Same issue, on 2.1 after last update, Nevada and normandy, only for the P-51.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Yes, it appears this came with the 2.1 upgrade. I have it in both Nevada map and Normandy map, In light of all the good things with these new maps, I can wait for ED to address the issue. Pretty certain they are aware of it by now. A lot on their plate as might be imagined what with all the issues a lot of people are having.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Found a quick fix, I think.

If you have 1.5 installed go to: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Shape (your installation path may differ)

And copy this file to the same folder in DCS 2.1

First tests seemed to work. Integrity check for MP is still valid.

No sure if this brakes anything else.

• Like 1

it's a texture issue with the HUD Glass..

Reported.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks!

If you have 1.5 installed go to: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Shape (your installation path may differ)

That took care of my problem. I know that the original file will be restored with the next update to 2.1, but hopefully ED will have their fix for the issue.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

that's OK for the HUD

:D:thumbup: great ! i test it and "yes" i made "shape" backup" before replacement.:pilotfly:THANKS !!!

Edited by crousti
happy

P51 Gunsight

Hi all

This is my first post to these forums.

Since the last update on DCS 2 I have been having an issue with 2 black reflections in the P51 gun sight. I have tried loads of different graphics permutations. Has anyone else had this problem?

It's not as bad with HDR on but still noticeable, but I prefer the graphics without HDR on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Using the following

AMD Phenom II x6 clocked to 3.7Ghz

16G DDR3 1600

Geforce GTX1050 Ti

:helpsmilie:

Screen_170604_171619.thumb.jpg.f48e528151ca92825d12dc3bc2c07eca.jpg