Thrustmaster F-18 Joystick?

That press release is all of the information that has been passed on to the public. Make of it what you will.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You not feeling it cichlidfan?

Thrustmaster "new add-on for joystick"

Eagle Dynamics SA "is excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will have its debut showing at E3 2017 at the Thrustmaster® booth."

You not feeling it cichlidfan?

Thrustmaster "new add-on for joystick"

Eagle Dynamics SA "is excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will have its debut showing at E3 2017 at the Thrustmaster® booth."

Last time they made a big announcement, and everyone got excited, we ended up with some very low end throttle and rudder pedals. Just because they are linking it to the F-18 doesn't automatically make it a desirable piece of hardware.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

What has changed since one year?

DCS: F/A-18 Hornet has moved up to become the next project to be released by ED.

A year ago the module could be 1-5 years away. I doubt TM would want to gamble on releasing a new airframe specific stick, without there being a contract of a flightsim supporting it.

TM & ED have cooperated before. The contract of doing so again may have been entered since last year. Just speculation, of course, but plausible to me at least ;)

I follow your logic and it makes sense!

I hope that the device will have force feedback with magnets.

[/TABLE]

not sure if its true but if my memory serves me right the stick in the hornet doesn't have force feedback, the inputs from the pilot are simply taken in by the flight computer and the plane then decides what to do with the input and the size of the output depends on things like air speed ect. might not be true though (cant remember where i heard this).

I5 4690k @4.7GHz (Fractal Design Kelvin S36), MSI R9 390, ASUS Z97 sabertooth mark s, 8GB Hyper X ram, 240GB SSD, seagate hybrid 1TB. Thrustmaster Warthog, trackIR, :pilotfly:

not sure if its true but if my memory serves me right the stick in the hornet doesn't have force feedback, the inputs from the pilot are simply taken in by the flight computer and the plane then decides what to do with the input and the size of the output depends on things like air speed ect. might not be true though (cant remember where i heard this).

True. The request of FF is not well placed in a discussion around the F/A-18. Would be better in the WWII era... agree.

Sven

[/TABLE]

A glimpse of the TM booth at E3.

Definitely a Warthog throttle and stick.

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial/videos/879645882165096/

LOL People in here is too ansious lately, including me! :joystick:

It's 2016 for sure! :doh:

:D

It only documents that a flightstick is still a popular device.

And that proves that companies like Logitech are completely wrong when

it comes to their "G" investments strategies.

The perfect device is just not available on the market (yet).

[/TABLE]

It only documents that a flightstick is still a popular device.

And that proves that companies like Logitech are completely wrong when

it comes to their "G" investments strategies.

The perfect device is just not available on the market (yet).

True to the bone!

OMG that music... who thought that was a good idea?

They didn't know the needle was stuck on the track! Throwback reference! :)

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Apparently the RAZBAM Harrier has been fasttracked to be shown at E3.

Seeing as the Harrier and the Hornet have almost the same stick, and that they're showing it at the Thrustmaster booth, it seems an F/A-18 stick is more than likely.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

It is today!!!

Get set! RUN!

I decided to get rid of my CH stuff and move to TM... A-10 Warthog and eventually to the new one.

Let's see.

My guess regarding fight sticks would be a new budget level stick for space sims... don't think we will see a new high end stick for a while yet, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|