Confused

killerwhale

Hi everyone, so I'm wondering why is the caucuses map not available on DCS 2. I mean I dont know which to stick with. I have to switch in between the steam version and the standalone to play what I want. that is quiet frustrating. I hear there will be a merger, shouldnt that be a priority # 1 instead of working on other projects and is this merger nearing at all?

Hi everyone, so I'm wondering why is the caucuses map not available on DCS 2. I mean I dont know which to stick with. I have to switch in between the steam version and the standalone to play what I want. that is quiet frustrating. I hear there will be a merger, shouldnt that be a priority # 1 instead of working on other projects and is this merger nearing at all?

Merger well more like incorporating 1.5 type content in some new to be version.;)

Porting the map to 2.x.x.x priority no! Given the improvements in the alpha development for VR and that VR tech is likely due an upgrade soon and hardware improvements in the pipeline why potentially add more workload to the Devs modding an already stable and known 1.5 map?.

My thoughts YMMV. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I also think that the Caucasus map should be a priority above any module or terrain, not just because its very old and basic compared with Nevada or Normandy, but because it´s incomprehensible that this simulator needs different installers for different maps and is not unified in one product, it´s a mess and the main reason I didn´t buy Nevada or Normandy jet.

The usual complaints.

2.x is alpha code, as is Normandy.

1.5 is the only supported release version of DCS.

Technically, DCS is one product. The additional installers for 2.x are for people who are willing to take a look at the future of DCS, and by doing so, accept all the hassle that comes with it.

With respect, you need to reset your expectations.

• ED Team
Well, when ED tells you things like 2.5 will come at end of last year, and it doesn´t, it´s easy to have some expectations:music_whistling:

it was said they were looking or hoped but that was it

Edited by BIGNEWY
  • Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Indeed, from some time now they are not giving dates anymore to avoid those expectations that the community can't handle.

Because of that, and also because they never hit those dates, ever. So keep showing progress and how things are going behind the scenes, that´s very good, but please, no more date guessing.

• Like 2