monitor size

i don´t like the TFT´s...you should opt for one CRT´s..like samsung

I running a Samsung TFT 32"... I've had it for 6 months, this is most likely the best picture available. And the size is awsome, when you fly Lock On or what ever game that you choose to enjoy the Screen is almost life like, Its well beyond movie quality

Allso, it was also jointly developed by Microsoft and Samsung to use with X Box applications, so that should give you an idea just how good this one is ...

It has a very clear and bright picture I throughly recommend it....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I use a Samsung SyncMaster 940BW. Widescreen native resolution - 1440 x 900. I was extremely reluctant to take the leap to TFT from my beloved CRTs, but I found one for the right price and opted to give it a try. Turns out I absolutely love it!

I running a Samsung TFT 32"... I've had it for 6 months, this is most likely the best picture available. And the size is awsome, when you fly Lock On or what ever game that you choose to enjoy the Screen is almost life like, Its well beyond movie quality

Allso, it was also jointly developed by Microsoft and Samsung to use with X Box applications, so that should give you an idea just how good this one is ...

It has a very clear and bright picture I throughly recommend it....

~S~

Blaze

How much does it cost you?probably it isn´t in upyr1 budget...

Uh for games alone, if you are going to put the monitors about 12 inches from your face 24" max.

I have 21 and at 12 inches from my face it already fills up the field of view. 24 would be ideal.

Anything north of 24" Id expect to have use as movies also.

But just for gaming 24" is more then enough.

IMO ;)

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Running a 20.1" ViewSonic LCD as primary display with extended desktop to 19" ViewSonics. Will be upgrading to a 40-70" screen sometime next year maybe... Either LCD (the smaller end OR projector for the full 70")!

Gave up on CRTs a long time ago. Flat Panels save space and nowadays are brigther, have faster response time and good black levels with little screen glare (even in sunlight), so to me there's no reason at all anymore to run games on CRTs (unless you already have a good CRT at hand... in other words, I wouldn't buy one).

If your price range is in the $200-400s, I'd recommend any 20.1" LCD or bigger with response times of less than 8ms and compare the picture side-by-side in stores for the one you like.

If you can afford more, go bigger, but make sure the resolution can support native HD for bigger Plasmas and LCDs (720p, 1080p compared to the actual screen res... otherwise upscaling or downscaling and/or interlacing will take place and it won't look nearly as good with a DVI-HDMI (computer input)). The other route is projector and you won't regret it, but again go with as many lumens and high res as you can if you plan on placing the projector further away from the screen than 10-12'. These options are obviously over the thousand dollar hump, but just in case...

That's my two cents... LCD baby... and widescreen 20.1" 1680x1050 at least!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

have you considered, what i call the "poor-man's widescreen monitor", using fresnel lense?....I use a 500x390mm lense about a foot in front of a 19" SAMSUNG 940B...expands the imiage significantly, and gives a slight illusion of depth-perception.....in the near future, for my cockpit project , i'll be moving up to an approx. 600x500mm screen backed by the same monitor....that will give me an approx. 32" diagonal screen and a near life-sized view....i feel i get all the benefits plus a feeling of depth for a fraction of the cost of a large monitor:D ....and you dont have to sit close...

check out:

http://www.icetec-uk.com/icetec/icetec_v3/index.htm

i'm waiting for these guys to come out with their line of oversized lenses...the lense i have now came from a company that has since gone more expensive...these guys seem to be more in tune with us VR people, and costs much less...

here's the setup i have now, while i wait to complete the project....

temp-setup.jpg.709f6aa1bdcdc17812f09abd908b49fb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use a Samsung SyncMaster 940BW. Widescreen native resolution - 1440 x 900. I was extremely reluctant to take the leap to TFT from my beloved CRTs, but I found one for the right price and opted to give it a try. Turns out I absolutely love it!

I think that one is onsale at newegg.com for UNDER 200 BUCKS NOW.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001088

still need to make up my mind about the " widescreen" though

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/