My DCS crashes anytime I deploy flares or shoot guns

I just got a new laptop, which is better than the old one

The new one is this ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51

and the old one is this Lenovo B420 i5, It comes with 4gb ram but I added an extra 4gb to it making it 8gb.

The problem is my new PC runs dcs at almost 60fps, but anytime I deploy flare it crashes. My old PC runs it at about 24 and anytime I deploy flares it doesn't crash. I don't understand what's happening.

Here's the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRGWnLwtly5d2V1X3RFOHhxZVU/view?usp=sharing

I'll appreciate it if someone would help me

you both need a better computer, they are very close if not under the minimum required specifications.

If you are using 2.1, turn deferred shading off and see if that helps

^ This ^

It seems the ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 is a business computer with an intel integrated graphics solution. Some part of your 8gb of system RAM has to be dedicated to video RAM which now makes your system RAM less than the minimum spec for DCS. Integrated graphics solutions are not usually a good choice for extreme gaming. If you must use a laptop to play games, get one with a decent dedicated video card with 2gb VRAM or more.

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

you both need a better computer, they are very close if not under the minimum required specifications.

If you are using 2.1, turn deferred shading off and see if that helps

Thanks for the reply, but idk how to turn of deferred shading

^ This ^

It seems the ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 is a business computer with an intel integrated graphics solution. Some part of your 8gb of system RAM has to be dedicated to video RAM which now makes your system RAM less than the minimum spec for DCS. Integrated graphics solutions are not usually a good choice for extreme gaming. If you must use a laptop to play games, get one with a decent dedicated video card with 2gb VRAM or more.

Thanks for the reply

Oh, that's sad to hear, I just got it newly and I can't buy another one. Is there any way to fix the problem

In the settings...

Thanks, but I reduced everything to low and disabled the ones that have the disabling option nothing worked.

My pc screen resolution is 1920x1080, I reduced it in DCS to 1290, thinking it will make dcs not hd, I deployed flare afterwards it crashed..

• ED Team

added the minimum and recommended spec below

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply

Oh, that's sad to hear, I just got it newly and I can't buy another one. Is there any way to fix the problem

You could check with the manufacturer to see if this particular laptop has a slot or socket for a dedicated DirectX11 DCS suitable video card with at least 2gb VRAM. If it does have this socket or slot, you can install and configure a video card. However you most likely will find that it does not because this model is listed as a "business computer".

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

You could check with the manufacturer to see if this particular laptop has a slot or socket for a dedicated DirectX11 DCS suitable video card with at least 2gb VRAM. If it does have this socket or slot, you can install and configure a video card. However you most likely will find that it does not because this model is listed as a "business computer".

Ok thanks, Will buying additional ram work?.

I have 2 extra slots for rams on my laptop

Ok thanks, Will buying additional ram work?.

I have 2 extra slots for rams on my laptop

I wouldn't think so. It's most likely the lack of proper Dx11 video that is causing your issues.

I wouldn't think so. It's most likely the lack of proper Dx11 video that is causing your issues.

I feel sad, I got this laptop because of DCS. I wanted to run it at about 60fps.

Is there any way to fix the dx11 issue. Sorry I don't know much about computer graphics and stuff

I feel sad, I got this laptop because of DCS. I wanted to run it at about 60fps.

Is there any way to fix the dx11 issue. Sorry I don't know much about computer graphics and stuff

Please read again post #11 above

i think its bullshit,,, a bad software of eagle dinamics , the typic answer.. you pc dont match the minimun requiriments, no,, that´s not the answer i have to pay a lot of money to play ONLY DCS?? you are wrong dcs stuff...

the game works good for me at 20 fps 30... and just with a bug of FIRE shaders i have to buy another pc? please make a patch for your mistakes and do a better game. The other guy have 8gb ram and have a better pc..

HEY EAGLE DINAMICS.....

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THIS............

they think everybody have to pay a lot of money for play your game.. not not that way,

many people with this problem and you said.. have to understand... no more suport for 1.2,, and update your pc..

you wrong..

i think its bullshit,,, a bad software of eagle dinamics , the typic answer.. you pc dont match the minimun requiriments, no,, that´s not the answer i have to pay a lot of money to play ONLY DCS?? you are wrong dcs stuff...

the game works good for me at 20 fps 30... and just with a bug of FIRE shaders i have to buy another pc? please make a patch for your mistakes and do a better game. The other guy have 8gb ram and have a better pc..

HEY EAGLE DINAMICS.....

they think everybody have to pay a lot of money for play your game.. not not that way,

many people with this problem and you said.. have to understand... no more suport for 1.2,, and update your pc..

you wrong..

Wow wow, hold your horses !

These things happen when you don't know about and go shopping for a PC or Laptop with no idea what to get ! Obviously it also wasnt told the sales agent what this purchase is about, otherwise you wouldnt have such a show stopper machine.

No one ever said that a business laptop with an INTEGRATAED GPU and a "balls cut off"-CPU is good for gaming !

ED is not to blame here, rather grab your own nose !

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

You dont have 8GB RAM, you have what ever is left over from those 8GB after the GPU took up to 1536MB for itself.... !

Read the MANUAL

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

HEY EAGLE DINAMICS.....

you wrong..

I can feel your frustration but if you are already buying a pc for a software/game/sim, then I'd recommend you looking at the requirements first before just buying anything. It's not EDs fault that your laptop can't handle DCS. And no, it's not a bug but rather the new shaders that your laptop can't keep up with... And you could still play 1.2.16 if you don't want to play 1.5 or higher. Especially patching the game won't make it run better on your laptop

Thanks for the suggestion, They do not have a slot for a video card

• 2 weeks later...

Will i be able to do this with my pc? http://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-memory-allocated-graphics-card-58676.html

HEY EAGLE DINAMICS.....

you wrong..

Understand the Minimum Specs are There for a reason.

Your System does not meet them,

Intel HD Graphics Processors are not supported.

You have 8 GB of Ram, of Which anywhere between 1024 and 2048 MB is assigned as VRAM Only, so In reality You have 6 GB or Less of System Ram Available.

Crashing when Deploying Flares is caused by the Lack of True DirectX 11 Hardware And Driver Support of the "Intel® HD Graphics 620"

The Log Clearly shows the Intel IGP Driver is what's causing the crash.

As for DCS World Min. requirements going up, The Software Evolves, You cant Expect ED to Stay in the 32-Bit DirectX 9 Era because some Systems are not 64 Bit and DirectX 11 Compliant.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs