Broken bort numbers

Rafal0id

The bort numbers are broken for me, as you can see here.

ELI2NXY.png

This bug is not the same as what happened in the first 2.1 release, as I still have it in 2.1U1.

Also this bug is present in my 1.5 install, ever since the dynamic numbering system was introduced. (I just never got around reporting this here...)

I deleted the CoreMods liveries and repaired, didn't fix the problem.

Judging by the top of the tail-fin, this is a custom skin?

Because of the dynamic numbering system, some additional lines are required in your description.lua for the skin. Easiest to grab one of the stock ones, and just change the filenames. You will notice there is about 60 extra lines in there :) (and 2 extra texture files).

Apply update from friday evening. Problem fixed.

Screenshot 1: custom skin not using dynamic numbering

Screenshot 2: custom skin using dynamic numbering

Screenshot 3: default skin using dynamic numbering

DCS-2017-06-04-20-53-36.thumb.jpg.ba2f3780ee5943e8902bdb9ccf645a28.jpg

DCS-2017-06-04-20-54-06.thumb.jpg.4e92ac39acbcf61187b5304fbb491b79.jpg

DCS-2017-06-04-20-54-31.thumb.jpg.a99cdb4ca9675571e50159388266ced4.jpg

Edited by Azrayen
typo

spacer.png

I am aware of the Friday update thing going on, I am up to date.

As I said in the OP, my issue is not about the specular map that everybody had in the first 2.1 that came out. I have this issue since the dynamic numbers were introduced.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

delete the mirage skin files in :

DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Liveries\M-2000C

Run a repair and that should fix it for you.

If you have any custom skins you will need to rebuild the Lua file.

Hope this helps

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 4 weeks later...

Default desert skin

Yep I'm the same here, did you get a fix? I'd like to get this fixed. And I get this in both 1.5.6 and 2.1.1 - both of which are up to date. Tried all the ablove advices. Any other idea? Cheers

Untitled.jpg.5d4eca51d94db073d6b984467bd3d149.jpg

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I don't remember downloading a desert mod actually. Maybe it is. I'll look into it

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 3 weeks later...

Check the skin's "description.lua" file. Verify that the skin file names match the ones in the skin folder. Edit/update the .lua file if necessary.

E.g. the UAE Air Force description.lua may say:

{"TAIL_NUMBER1_001", 0 ,"M2KC_2T", false};

but it should read:

{"TAIL_NUMBER1_001", 0 ,"M2KC_2T_UAE", false};

because that's the proper name of the skin file (.DDS) in the folder.

Hope to help with this

T.

• 2 weeks later...

"SSDD"

To say it with Stephen King's term from the 'Dreamcatcher' novel: "SSDD!"

I just updated DCS Alpha (2.1.1 upd1) yesterday and guess what: the UAE skin for RAZBAM's M2KC again showed the 'broken bort numbers' :huh: (see attachment).

This is because update1 (re)moved my corrected 'description.lua' file to the '_backup.xyz' folder and reinstalled 'their' faulty one in the UAE livery folder under the ED installation. I don't know whether 'their' shall mean ED or RAZBAM.

So what to do? There are at least two options:

a) Either restore the corrected description.lua file from the latest _backup.xyz folder back to the UAE livery folder or

b) install the UAE livery under your saved games, e.g. in "C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Liveries\M-2000C\UAE Air Force" including the corrected description.lua and the _UAE.dds files.

With the second option 'your' livery should be preferred on game loading and will not be changed by further DCS updates. Anyway it works for me like this. And btw, I think it is generally a good idea to install customer skins under your Saved Games folder, and the solutions are also applicable to the 1.5 version.

Have a nice time

T.

With the second option 'your' livery should be preferred on game loading and will not be changed by further DCS updates. Anyway it works for me like this. And btw, I think it is generally a good idea to install customer skins under your Saved Games folder, and the solutions are also applicable to the 1.5 version.

Agreed :thumbup: :)

spacer.png