DIY Collective for a Throttle

urze

Stick Extension

I'm also interested in the extension for the stick itself that is in your sig URZE, is that available for an X52 as well?

If you want a more precise control:

Here is a preview what will be next.:)

Cyclicextension.jpg

You will only have to extend the wires that are going trough the rod - no additional screw or modifications to the construction of the Stick are needed . The rubber covered aluminum rod fits exactly to the original attachment of the grip and base and the twist grip will work as usual.

The special shape of the rod will balance the grip to ensure that it will be still self centering .

You will also be able to adjust the friction of the spring.

Oh great, wait untill I've just built my platform why don't you! ;)

Seriously though, that looks good, I might have to order one of those... Do I get a discount for being your first customer :D

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

You can now buy my collective on ebay via my website for 85€.

http://www.leftside-limited.com/collective.html

I have changed the layout a little to have a greater compatibility to other helicopters as only the KA50.

A flight stick extension will follow soon.

right-colli.jpg

FAQ: (Taken from this thread at the DCS forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=27119 )

How do you map the keys? Software?

Also, where is everyone getting those platforms that bold directly to chair? I would love to have that for both the cyclic and collective. I would hate to sue DCS for my carpal tunnel :)

1.Yes,Software - Saitek SST Programming Software.

2.Put two 1302113917904040_1.jpg of them like this 170771a.jpg together and add a small plate on it. then screw it under your chair.

Tata! -ready to fly!

Urze. Your mod is very smart looking. I've seen this on HC. I'm not sure if the Saitek has antenna dials on the throttle but have you considered making a twist throttle using those or something? In any case it is almost worth sacrificing the twist grip for all those buttons. Just realised what you've used for the switch head aswell. very cool. Will be recommending this to people.

Cheers

Troy

I will not add a twist grip to it - 1.it would raise the costs dramatically - 2.nearly all modern Helicopters have an automated RPM governor and many of them even don't have a twist throttle at the collective stick nowadays (see the KA50 for instance). But you can easily assign the analogue Hat-switch as throttle.

colli%20in%20action.JPG

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8150318900853973261&hl=de

:)

Edited by urze

well worth the money, I have one of the originals and 'tweaked it' to work like the one pictured above, and it works a treat :D

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...