Troubles getting enemy AI to destroy units

jaznit

Hi there,

I'm trying to get an enemy KA50 to destroy allied units. In the attached map I have focused on the "transporter" unit as the unit i want the KA50 to destroy.

I spawn in on the F15, see the enemy chooper but it doesn't fire, it just follows its way points instead.

Can anyone tell me why? What am I doing wrong?

I've tried multiple weapon combos on it, set to weapons free, set to attack object - nothing works.

Any help would be great.

Mission Editor - Template JT.miz

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

Is there an Open Fire option instead of Weapons Free? I think I ran into something similar. I think Weapons Free means only if fired upon or some nonsense. At least that is what my testing seemed to prove. Once I switched to Open Fire they attacked as you are looking for.

Can't find that one... Pic attached

Any other ideas?

1741981324_WeaponsFreeoptions.thumb.jpg.d5010e49dd3711e49ea5107c8e7a1484.jpg

My specs:

- GTX980

- 16GB ram

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

Add the SEARCH THEN ENGAGE IN ZONE or SEARCH THEN ENGAGE GROUP command. You can find these in Advanced Waypoint Actions under Start enroute task. Add this at whichever waypoint you'd like them to break from their flight plan and engage your transport.

ok so I must be missing something as it didn't work.

The enemy pilot (KA50) just flies right out of the base regardless, and doesn't attack

Here's the video of it, and attached is the mission editor flight path and attack order, as well as the latest mission editor file (DCS 2.0)

https://youtu.be/IsjwV5-JJi8

Jeff

1210908344_AttackUnitAction.thumb.jpg.925303597ebeaccad6e14c728962e709.jpg

Mission Editor - Template JT 20170606.miz

My specs:

- GTX980

- 16GB ram

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

Your SP is way too close to the attack waypoint. Move the attackers starting point (SP) back and much farther away from waypoint 1 until he attacks. You're not giving the AI enough time to set up his attack.

Remove ROE = Weapon free or he may decide to attack another target first instead of the one you have told him to attack. You can add ROE = Weapon free at a later waypoint.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Your SP is way too close to the attack waypoint. Move the attackers starting point (SP) back and much farther away from waypoint 1 until he attacks. You're not giving the AI enough time to set up his attack.

Remove ROE = Weapon free or he may decide to attack another target first instead of the one you have told him to attack. You can add ROE = Weapon free at a later waypoint.

Thanks, completely under estimated the distance you need to have for it to line up its shot.

So the KA50 seems to like to be 2.0nm away and about 3400ft up in the air to take its shot.

My specs:

- GTX980

- 16GB ram

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

Thanks, completely under estimated the distance you need to have for it to line up its shot.

So the KA50 seems to like to be 2.0nm away and about 3400ft up in the air to take its shot.

I'm glad it's working for you now. 2nm is a good starting point and could quite possibly be close to minimum distance as the distances each aircraft needs to setup an attack can vary a bit. If you're worried about the Ka-50 being too high, start it (the SP) back even farther and at a lower altitude. Then make WP1 the attack WP. He'll be less visible and look more natural starting at a lower altitude and will get whatever altitude he needs when he switches to WP1 for the attack.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset