helping build best flight sim even better

Bradader

helping build best flight sim even better  

3 members have voted

1. 1. helping build best flight sim even better

• poor
    • great

Hi, would any know if anyone has consider a purpose build pc for the best game world,

so that any updates and downloads can be done automatically,

with out pulling out folders here put there open zip folder on and on it go's aaahhhhhhh.

and with all the problems that go with it.

paying for products would be much easer with purpose built redeem cards.

go easy on me my first post.

Edited by Bradader

Hey Brad,

I think what you are asking is whether people have considered building a DCS launcher. Its possible that ED decided against this due to lessening server load during major release points, as download times already seem to bog down during these times, let alone a ton of clients auto-updating with some sort of "DCS Client." Also, welcome but this is in the incorrect category. Tournaments is really for tournament events that the community wants to schedule. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Hey Brad,

I think what you are asking is whether people have considered building a DCS launcher. Its possible that ED decided against this due to lessening server load during major release points, as download times already seem to bog down during these times, let alone a ton of clients auto-updating with some sort of "DCS Client." Also, welcome but this is in the incorrect category. Tournaments is really for tournament events that the community wants to schedule. :)

+1

Welcome to the community, Bradader. For future posts make sure you post them in the right section. This one here is for announcing tournaments, results, scores etc.

Have fun and feel always free to ask :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hay great reply, did answer one of my questions.

right now I'm bit short of time.

let say was a victim of a certain flight sim where in two months i would get one weekend of flight time rest of the time i was troubleshooting.

i expand more on this later.

cheers.

Edited by Bradader

Wot like xbox?

:P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Im not getting it?

Its super simply already. You start the game, and it checks for updates. If there is an update, you can choose to update, or not to.

As for purchasing, installing modules. Sure, could be a little bit easier, if we didnt have to manually add the StarForce key. But how often do we actually purchase modules anyway.

Now if you install mods, or mod content on your own, well thats an entirely different story, and that is the only scenario in which I can see the need for fiddeling with files and folders, but thats a user choice, and ED cant be held accountable for that.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Im not getting it?

Its super simply already. You start the game, and it checks for updates. If there is an update, you can choose to update, or not to.

As for purchasing, installing modules. Sure, could be a little bit easier, if we didnt have to manually add the StarForce key. But how often do we actually purchase modules anyway.

Now if you install mods, or mod content on your own, well thats an entirely different story, and that is the only scenario in which I can see the need for fiddeling with files and folders, but thats a user choice, and ED cant be held accountable for that.

Exactly. :thumbup: :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Do you know of any other game with it's very own payment method? My credit card is 'purpose built' for paying for most anything I want to buy.

As for zipping/unzipping and moving folders. what are you doing that requires that? My mod manager, assuming you might be talking about mods, (OVGME) removes all of my mods and puts them back with a few clicks of the mouse.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Welcome!

I'm not really sure if I understand your question correctly, it seems that you are looking for a kind of game launcher, or platform, which would make it easy to start the sim, keep track of your modules and maybe even manage your mods.

If this is what you are asking, than this would be my reply:

As far as I understand ED has a launcher which allows you to manage your modules and you can update your game with it. However, sometimes it seems to be a bit tricky with the updates and as well as the new releases. Which can be observed by the many posts of people asking for the availability of said updates at the release days, be it updates or module releases.

Another possibility would be to use Steam to manage your game(s) and modules. (My answer on this topic is more detailed because I'm using this platform.)

It is very easy to use and comfortable (which you maybe know already). Chosing to have one of your, already purchaised, modules to be installed is basically one click in a tickbox.

With four clicks you can change the language of your installation. Download speed mainly depends on your internet connection, not on torrents.

It provides an internal forumwhich is also openly readable from the internet.

Community generated guides are available for controller setups or handling of the specific aircraft.

If you want to use the beta version it is five clicks. The 1.x beta that is, 2.x is too far away, concerning the version. This could create some trouble for user who want to switch between the versions, thus it is not provided via Steam by ED (more info here). Also you can't have multiple installations in parallel.

Unfortunately, some of the most conveniant functions which Steam provides have not been implemented into DCS, yet. Those would be:

Integration of the workshop, which allows you to easily browse mods and decide which ones to (de)install (again, just one click), which would automatically be updated when the author conducts some changes.

The "join game" function, which allows you to click on the name of a friend in you friendlist and directly join into the game. It means it would start DCS and automatically connect to the server your friend is on, without you searching in the server list or typing the IP adress.

If you want to join a server which uses mods DCS could tell you which ones and directly install them via the workshop, if you wish to.

It could handle the credentials via your Steam account.

In the Steam cloud your meta data, like profiles, controller configuration, logbook and saved game progress could be stored.

The editor could directly be connected to the workshop to easily upload player generated content.

Personally, I guess it is rather a matter of time until the process of integrating of, at least some, of those items will be started.

However, keep in mind that modules are released a bit earlier to the stand-alone version than to Steam and alpha/beta versions of modules are only available in the stand-alone version.

I hope this helps you.