DCS v2.1 is crashing all the time

enhencer_ger

Hello guys,

since latest DCS v2.1 update I'm facing the issue that DCS is crashing all the time when I quit a mission and want go back to the main menu or sometimes even during mission runtime. Before the latest update this happended occasially, but now it happends all the time.

The error message looks like this:

DCS_crashed.PNG?psid=1

English translation:

The application is not properly executed due to a problem. The programm will be terminated and you will be notified when a solution is available.

Also I get weird messsages from STEAM VR application right after the start of DCS (entry screen, no game is running), which looks like this:

DCS_too_slow.PNG?psid=1

English translation:

STEAM VR runs too slowly

Your current VR-application is executed too slowly executed, which might if necessary lead to a bad experience. This might happened, because your application is too demanding or your PC performance might be insufficient.

My hardware should not be the issue:

HTC Vive

Windows 10 (64-bit)

i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

SSD drive

I'm puzzled and looking for answers. Any ideas?

I'm looking forward for tricks and hints.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

enhenzer

Hi,

thanks for this link. I have read what is written in this thread and I can confirm that the crashed do stop right after changing the setting to non-active deferred shading.

However this doesn't stop the slowness of DCS application according to the STEAM VR notification. Any ideas why this messages pops-up all the time?

DCS_not_responding.PNG.493fd56d5777456549dc6229d7548db1.PNG

English translation:

Ready

(not responding) DCS.exe

Best regards,

enhenzer

Edited by enhencer_ger