M2KC-Landing Techniques

ruddy122

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for DCS advice on some good landing techniques for the Mirage 2000. Primarily a steady power setting on approach.

If I have to fly AOA (Chevrons on Landing AOA bars) all the way down. I noticed I have a lot of power inputs and destabilizes my approach.

I'm doing about 75%-83% power to be a little fast on approach (slightly above the AOA bars) but when I roundout and flares my AOA is right on the bars before I chop the power inside 10 ft rad alt.

Pretty amazing braking peformance with the Parachute Deployed. I can land at RAF Funtington in Normandy map with no worries of running off. Not bad in a 1500 m runway.

If you have any tips that would be mostly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for DCS advice on some good landing techniques for the Mirage 2000. Primarily a steady power setting on approach.

If I have to fly AOA (Chevrons on Landing AOA bars) all the way down. I noticed I have a lot of power inputs and destabilizes my approach.

I'm doing about 75%-83% power to be a little fast on approach (slightly above the AOA bars) but when I roundout and flares my AOA is right on the bars before I chop the power inside 10 ft rad alt.

Pretty amazing braking peformance with the Parachute Deployed. I can land at RAF Funtington in Normandy map with no worries of running off. Not bad in a 1500 m runway.

If you have any tips that would be mostly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lucky

From my perspective, whenever CptSmiley makes changes to the flight model, it requires an adjustment on landing approach. There have been many changes and right now, I find there to be a great deal of drag on approach requiring careful attention not to get to low and slow. It will not power out even with full AB. I hope CptSmiley will have another look at the flight model as even at altitude, low speed and high AOA can induce an unrecoverable descent - even followed by pointing the nose down to recover.

In short, keep alt and speed on the plus side and do not exceed appropriate AOA for the approach (for now). :)

ps. Previously from CptSmiley: #36

Edited by Catseye

... I noticed I have a lot of power inputs and destabilizes my approach...

I do not know how it is suppose to be in the Mirage, so I used the approach the F-16 uses. I constantly play with the throttle like this F-16 @4:21:

Not sure if it is the proper way in the Mirage but works for me.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yeah, 14° AoA is pretty close to the "not-sweet-at-all" spot of the AoA curve, currently.

I guess it'll be better soon.

In the mean time, why not aim for a little less AoA if you find it easier. Personnaly, I tend to stick with 14° but hey, whatever works for you.

spacer.png

The Mirage is in the hangar, until they fix the low speed, extreme drag at high AoA. And the other fixes for 2.1 are made.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.