Assets Pack Question?

Dav IRL

I bought the assets pack and I would like to know where the assets are? Is there an official list or a menu in the editor that tells me if I am using a ww2 asset or modern day? I have no idea whats what??

Thank you kindly

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Hi,

Have a look to the second screenshot

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3149734&postcount=5

Missioneditor

File -> New

-> WWII

Available assets

Future assets (updates)

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/videos/10158413498320341/

Yep thanks, I got that far, setting new, and WW2 Normandy in editor, does that mean only WW2 assets and objects will be listed only?

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Only the Third Reich units are exclusive to that era, since it's a WWII era coalition, but the WW2 assets for the US and the UK are mixed. I think in another post it was mentioned that they will put some sort of identifier on WW2 assets in order to make it easier to distinguish amongst the modern units.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I have the same question as Dav IRL. When I click on Normandy the only usable item is the P51.

I feel like it has to be simple. I had purchased the DCS world 2.0 and all the aircraft modules transferred over that I purchased earlier.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Will the "era" function change the factions in the mission editor. I am very inexperienced with the editor, but I would like to see all the Allies on Blue, and Axis on red by default.

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

"Our next step will be to add an "era" function to allow you to determine the time period of units that are generated."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3169742&postcount=92

This refers to adding time period option to Create Fast Mission

Will the "era" function change the factions in the mission editor. I am very inexperienced with the editor, but I would like to see all the Allies on Blue, and Axis on red by default.

You can already do this. Under File click New Mission and Coalition screen comes up allowing you to modify coalitions from modern to WWII or Custom, and choose default Map and Save these.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done updates but when I try to go to Normandy, there is no assets pack Single or multi player missions to do. I thought I had read that only in mission editor could You get the CA

to work, but I cannot get Normandy WWII assets pack to ever work no matter if I do a

repair and I know Im running the latest version.

HELP as I want to try out some tanks !

--- Log file: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\autoupdate_templog.txt

=== Log opened UTC 2017-07-06 22:26:45

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.21.16 (Windows NT 10.0.15063; Win64; en-US)

INFO : cmdline: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World1point5\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

INFO : basedir: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World1point5\

INFO : DCS/1.5.6.5199.291 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,F-5E,MIG-15BIS,F-86F,FW-190D9,UH-1H,CA,P-51D)

INFO : branch:

INFO : Skipping update check, only 0.9 hours passed since the last one.

INFO : DCS/1.5.6.5199.291 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,F-5E,MIG-15BIS,F-86F,FW-190D9,UH-1H,CA,P-51D)

INFO : branch:

ERROR: Can't run C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World1point5\bin/DCS.exe: (740) The requested operation requires elevation.

cthulhu68, I came back on to change it to 2.0 but My CE missions for normandy do not exist.

Edited by ctguy1955

I'm afraid to ask how you came up with a folder named DCS World 1point5 but that doesn't matter.. Normandy and Assets as well as NTTR terrain can only run on the 2.1 version. If you don't already have it you need the DCS 2.0 Early Access version and then update to 2.1. Then Normandy and Assets installed there.

Edited by cthulhu68

Assets are compatible with 1.5.7 open beta too.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

OK. A few things to point out. The WWII Assets are not all functioning in Comb. Arms yet but from what I've heard AAA and some tanks are operable. With the 2.1 version there aren't many missions that come with it. So far only Instant Action missions are available.

You can download missions and place them in your Windows C. / Users /Your Name / Saved Games / DCS openalpha / Missions folder. Then in game go to Mission / My Missions and you should see downloaded missions.

If you want to just make a mission in ME first thing to do is click on File then New Mission and the Coalition screen comes up. Here you can switch to WWII, Modern, or Custom to select whose on Red and Blue sides. You can also choose between Normandy and NTTR as default map and Save. Now you just have to place some units on the map and create routes to set up a battle.

You have a 1.5 version but I'm not sure which because it seems like you changed the name of the folder to add 1point5. As some1 pointed out WWII assets have been added to the 1.5 openbeta and next Wednesday they should be added to the 1.5 Release version so you will be able to use them on the Georgia map as well once you update to 1.57 version.

Hopefully this clears some things up. Any more issues just post up here so we can get you up and running with WWII Assets.

Try this. It's a randomly generated mission that will put you into a tank battle quickly. It's for the 2.1 version in Normandy. If everything is installed correctly you should see WWII units.

Edited by cthulhu68

• 1 year later...

OK,

I must be missing something because going off of this blurb in the E-shop about the Assets pack, it gives me the impression that I will see more ground assets on ANY map regardless of whether or not I'm flying a WW2 aircraft. Can someone either confirm this or tell me what I'm missing? I bought the assets pack, *installed it* and didn't see a single increase in ground assets in the Normandy map or any other map for that matter.

------------------------------------------------------

The DCS: World War II Assets Pack provides numerous World War II air, land and sea assets to populate the Normand and other DCS World maps with. Eagle Dynamics has spent several years creating an entirely new set of combat vehicles to support DCS: World War II, and each unit is created with an exceptional level of detail and accuracy.

In addition to populating World War II era maps, this asset pack can be used with all other DCS World map modules.

------------------------------------------------------

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

These are the items that the assets pack currently includes:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hLsOUX2Qf3oeih9zcg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

These are the items that the assets pack currently includes:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hLsOUX2Qf3oeih9zcg

That's fine but it doesn't answer my question which is;

"it gives me the impression that I will see more ground assets on ANY map regardless of whether or not I'm flying a WW2 aircraft. Can someone either confirm this or tell me what I'm missing?"

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

I bought the assets pack, *installed it* and didn't see a single increase in ground assets in the Normandy map or any other map for that matter.

Maybe I understand you incorrectly but this sounds like you expect them to be pre-placed on the maps just by installing the assets pack.

If so, they're not - you have to place them yourself via the Mission Editor.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

As with all ground forces etc, you must put them into a mission you are generating yourself, or are a requirement of a mission using them, which you have downloaded from somewhere.

Simply having the asset pack will not populate any map with vehicles etc.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

We have added Create Fast Mission support to the Normandy map. Our next step will be to add an "era" function to allow you to determine the time period of units that are generated.

New World War II assets continue to be developed at a brisk pace. We are now in the final stages of completing the 155mm Gun Motor Carriage M12 and the A-20 Havoc attack aircraft. These are AI units.

Would be nice to hear of the era function, is it in 4 tiers (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699300&postcount=1) or by year? Also what's up with dem bommers... just AI of course (now let's not get carried away).

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Maybe I understand you incorrectly but this sounds like you expect them to be pre-placed on the maps just by installing the assets pack.

If so, they're not - you have to place them yourself via the Mission Editor.

Nope, you understand me correctly... Thanks for the info, I kinda thought this is what I would need to do in order to take advantage of it. Kinda sad though, it would be nice to see it implemented automatically vs spending hours and hours creating a mission with all the eye candy. Oh well ;)

Happy New Year everyone!

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090