Wrong Specular Map

sedenion

I leave it here, this is not really a bug, but, this a kind of bug...

The Specular map for Mirage 2000 is wrongly created. This is like this since the beginning, but with the new deferred shading engine, this become very obvious. In fact, the current specular map for the mirage is a kind of "inverted" one: Some parts that should reflect and specular are rough, while some parts that should be rough are full of specular and reflection.

I just made a quick corrected specular map to test, and to show you what i mean:

attachment.php?attachmentid=163727&stc=1&d=1496665738

As you can see, on left (original specular map), the the only parts that reflect and specular are the parts where the paint is dirty and dusty. In opposition, where the paint is clear, there is no specular nor reflection. On the right side, this is the specular map i made in few minutes.

Unfortunately, i don't have a good PSD template to create a correct specular map, so, i can't help you more :D

m2kc-specmap.thumb.jpg.36963b15808a188960689c3c47981e18.jpg

• Like 1

Only an idea. The worn parts with dusty paint must show the metalic fuselage below?

So is correct the shinning.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The corrected one is better in my opinion, downloading now,thanks for sharing.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb