Making a cut-out for a Helios Profile

I am in the process of redoing a Helios profile prepared by someone else and I need to make a hole in the profile so that a viewport will show up in through the profile. However, I cannot figure out how to make such a cut-out . Any help would be appreciated.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

It is a shame that Helios is not updated even though the open-source code is there. The latest profiles are work-arounds made from original profiles and don't allow all the great features of the Helios editor to be used for customization of a profile.

Capt Zeen did such great work on these new profiles! Artwork is scripted into place and you have to look through the files to see which artwork you want to make a cut-out section. I'm sure he'll be along to help when he gets a chance. I know nothing of making artwork.

I've begun to work on a L-39 module for Helios. I can see where certain data goes and hope that someday someone could finish and then compile the L-39 module into Helios. Please let me know if there is any support for this. Isn't this what open-source code is about?

Another cool thing to have would be Capt Zeens artwork compiled into a DLL so it can be used in the Helios editor to make customized profiles from scratch.

I miss Helios and my Phidgets LED and servo controllers.

Best wishes,

I had to do this to customise an A-10C profile I adapted from the Helios website.

I took a screenshot of the profile, imported it into Photoshop. I created a black layer and cut out holes where the viewports would need to show through. After I'd done that I removed the screenshot and saved the black layer as my Background texture.

If you're not familiar with the process just send me a screenshot of the profile running on the intended display (Important that it's running there as the resolution has to be as it will appear in use, screenshots from the editor will not work. With that I'll generate you one!

Attached is the kind of image I'm talking about. This is used as a background texture by Helios to blank out the screen under the profile, except for where the viewports are needed.

bg.thumb.png.6e76a84b0fd75f84e2182cac75f524c0.png

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

Wow. That is a lot of work. No wonder I could never figure out how to do it. Attached is a Helios profile on the Su-25t that I copied in part from Cpt Z. The balance of my screen will contain the Su-25t gauges from Ikanus.

What I need is a 700x450 blank screen area for my 1920x1080 screen. The blank would go in the upper left of the attached. No frame etc is needed.

If this is to much work, just let me know.

Thanks

SU-25Txx for Ikanus.zip

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

You'd need to attach the images folder which is stored alongside the profile for me to view it. At the moment it's a blank profile with some text where the switches would be. Being a Zeen profile it's probably a lot to upload, with all his nice textures! If you could just run the profile as it and print screen it to give me a reference, that would be easier for us both!

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

Try that in the meantime, but ideally I'd like to see a shot of the profile just to give me some context, and to see if anything else is the issue. (Existing textures could possibly be occluding the viewports)

Drop that image into Helios\Images then go to the properties in the top right corner of Helios Profile Editor and select the image as your background. Use the stretch/centre option so it fits the monitor correctly. Obviously you need to ensure you select the monitor that the profile is on, in the profile you sent I'm assuming Monitor 2.

1725457350_BG_1forsobe.thumb.png.9bb461d52e37fee9895e1d9e335840f9.png

424539083_ScreenShot2017-06-05at22_30_00.png.b2774a23ae8ec903f4e123a08cae47e0.png

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

Attached is a zip of both profile in both the profile editor and control center for Helios. You are correct that I need it for monitor 2. I just want to hole for the TV for the Su-25t viewport that is 700x450 on a 1920x1080 screen.

All of the images are taken from Capt z's Su25t profile.

su-25t profile.zip

Ragtop

Just to let you understand why I am going back to the Su25T is that my WH is having issues with W10 creator update and keeps dropping a USB controller and killing the target script. So I am going back to simpler planes that do not need a target script until Microsoft/TM can figure out the issue. I had been using Target for over 5 years until the update with no problems.