FOV "snap" controls?

flare2000x

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is an option to make a keybind that instantly adjusts my zoom to a certain level, as in some other sims, where there is an option for a button for FOV 30 or FOV 90.

The zoom in/zoom out commands are too slow and difficult to get to the right place for me, so is there a way to make such instant FOV commands?

Thanks guys,

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

• 3 weeks later...

Third man, I believe you can only save one view though. I think what flare2000x is looking for is multiple saved views. There are 2 views I would like to have a quick key for besides my standard view. I don't believe such a thing is possible.

• 2 years later...

There is POV/HAT snap views already built in, for cockpit at least, just needs to be activated with a mode, I think that is bind to some key I sometimes hit accidentially but I never figured out, it always happened at the wrong time so I tried to get out of it instead of trying to find more about it.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

If you don't have issues with modifying your input luas, you can try inserting these:

-- COCKPIT VIEW FOV / ZOOM PRESETS
   {combos = {{key = 'Delete'}}, down = iCommandViewZoomAbs                         , value_down = -0.833333, name = _('Cockpit FOV 30'),  category =  _('View Cockpit FOV')},
   {combos = {{key = 'End'}}, down = iCommandViewZoomAbs                         , value_down = -0.333333, name = _('Cockpit FOV 60'), category =   _('View Cockpit FOV')},
   {combos = {{key = 'PageDown'}}, down = iCommandViewZoomAbs                         , value_down =  0.166666, name = _('Cockpit FOV 90'),  category =  _('View Cockpit FOV')},

Those luas are at DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\[module]\Input\[module]\keyboard or \joystick respectively. Just add the lines somewhere in between the blocks. I usually put them right after the default zoom key lines.

With these keybinds, you'd get 30°, 60° and 90° FOV instantly on a button press. This is for the default 20-140° FOV range. The number values range from -1 to 1, where -1 is the most zoomed in (20°) and 1 the most zoomed out (140°). So you got to calculate the values needed if the module has other limits. I had the formula for that somewhere (pretty sure I posted it as well), but I fail to find it again and since I run DCS in VR now, I don't need that anymore... In the second thread below I've also put the values for the Tomcat.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3435168&postcount=34

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3891760&postcount=6

Best way to have those modified luas is to make an JSGME or OvGME mod that's always to be removed when updating and put back in afterwards. If changes are being made to those files by the devs, take the new ones and put the own blocks in there again.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg