OT: ARMED ASSAULT

GR27

• ED Team

And if you don't know what is ARMED ASSAULT take a look:

:pilotfly:

Or here take a look:

download.games.tiscali.cz/game/videos9/armed_assault-igromania_video.zip

(Copy and put this upper link in your browser).

For those who can speak Russian only.:megalol:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I have armed assault and it's a great game but I am dissappointed a bit with the realism. The infantry combat is VERY good, but the vehicles are not near "sim" quality at all. There is no sense of realism at all in the vehicles. I would consider the vehicle and air combat as one notch above Battlefield 2. Total arcade with maybe some realistic physics for the weapons. Their is absolutely zero "systems management" in the tanks or planes or helos. I still give the games a huge thumbs up. Everytime I find time to get on the computer its a hard decision between wanting to play LOMAC or ArmA. But I will say honestly that I am a tad bit dissappointed with ArmA. I could go into a long winded tirade over what is arcadish in the game but don't want to go off. I would have to say in the last several years the 2 most anticipated games for "me" were LockON and ArmA. LockON did live up to the hype for me. ArmA does not. I'm in a squad that plays World War II Online and we are more than likely switching over to ArmA pending the US release. ArmA is awesome. I would recommend anyone with an interest in FPS war games to buy. I don't want to steal any thunder from the original post. But I would warn anyone that it is not "sim" quality, especially the vehicles and systems management is very arcade. Still a great game, better than and more realistic than BF2 IMHO. Infantry squad combat is awesome. Shoot a guy in the torso and he goes down. Realistic ballistics for the hand held weapons. Infantry seems to be spot on. Even the AI is very fun to fight. Tanks, helos and other vehicles are arcade mode.

cheers

fs

Any idea on a US Release Date?

Czech Republic, Slovakia: Bohemia Interactive

Austria, Germany, Switzerland: Morphicon

Poland: Lem (15th December 2006)

Russia: Akella (To be Confirmed)

EU & Others: 505 Games (Q1 2007)

Taiwan: Atari

Looks like Q1 2007 :)

as far as i know( and i know a bit about this game) there is no publisher for the states, your best bet is the UK version of the game otherwise u can download (leagally) the german version and use the patch available that turns the german version into english it costs 42 euro..

http://boutique.gamesplanet.com/campagne/promo.html?partenaire=29&jeu=Arma

also the UK version date is feb 17, 2007 according to 505 games..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

FWIW the graphics are amazing. I have a MacBookPro 2.16ghz with a weak X1600 graphics card and can play the game at NORMAL to LOW settings with the about 1km visibility on the ground.

My desktop is a E6700 with Nvida7900 and can play at NORMAL to HIGH settings with about 3-4 km visibility. The game is a beast but is playable even on my laptop. The max graphics are truely amazing but it will bring my desktop system to a crawl. You can set the visibility up to a range of 10km which just looks amazing but is unplayable fps. The future will be pretty awesome.

There is no other FPS war game better IMHO even though I am very critical of the HELOS, tanks and other vehicles being arcadish. Wait for a US or UK release if you don't speak Czech or German.

cheers

fs

i really feel like im talking to myself here...

1.) THERE IS NO US RELEASE!!!! its not going to be released by a US publisher your best bet is the UK version set to be released feb 17, 2k7..

2.) you can get the Czech or German version of the game and then use a community made patch to turn it into a full working english version..the German version can be downloaded right now at a cost of 42 euros..

3.) the choppers in the game do feel little arcady,but ther is a patch soon to be released with a new flight model ..i dont know about the tank model and such as im a chopper pilot..graphics are really amazing, i only wish i could run it on high..

is you guys want more info go to armedassault.org

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

Me too Skopro. I wish I could run on high. Its really is a great game, and I am critical of it but really it's one of my favorite games. I wish there was a bit more systems management in the tanks and helos. I haven't played Black Shark, but the KA-50 in ArmA is horrible. There aren't even flares or any countermeasures so you are dead meat from a hand launched SAM. The helos fly like crap. But yes, I have read about the patch and am eagerly awaiting it.

The infantry combat is top notch of any sim. Im in a squad that has been playing World War II ONLINE (WWIIOL) for 5 years and we have been waiting for another game to come along because we are bored with WWIIOL.

I would recommend anyone who is into military sims to get ArmA. It is a bit arcadish in the tanks and helos but it is much better than say Battlefield 2. I wouldn't consider the harrier, helos or tanks though anywhere near the complexity of say LockON, or Steal Beasts 2 or T72 Balkans on Fire. But if you want a multi unit air, sea, ground multiplayer game that is even close to a bit of realism than ArmA is it - or WWIIOL, although the later is pretty old. cheers

oh one other thing - skorpo is spot on. I don't think a US release has been announed yet. You can buy the Czech or German version and convert it to English BUT so far with every new patch that is released you have to reinstall the game from scratch, install the patch and then install the language conversion program last. So it's a bit of a pain with the German and Czech versions but it WORKS. You can't simply repatch and then reinstall the language patch. It has to be a clean install. I'm going to buy the UK version though so I don't have to mess with re-installs each time they release a patch.

fs

The first movie i put is a clip from the new patch 1.2 and it shows the new flight model of a chopper (just press "play")

http://arma.goop.co.il/Web/SiteHomePage.aspx?PageType=0&ItemID=37777 i recommend to watch it in full screen

I know it is not BS, but still i think this game has a lot potential. I think this game is going to be excellent!

:pilotfly:

• ED Team

Its seems my high-end rig is to low for arma or some of you guys has othere opinion what a smooth gameplay is. I can barely run it on the mid video settings. I have a X2 3800 +, Radeon x1900xtx and 2 gb of ram and this games LOD is totally messed up, the models LOD are some crispy pixels as soon as their more then 200 meters away from me. I have sound issues with a hi-end sound card, the HDR is broken. If you look through binoculars the view gets brighter and brighter. Sometimes if you look somewhere in the forest you think you are suddenly middle of the night.

Tried to play the campaign. In one of the first missions you have to board some vehicles. This is not possible at the moment, there is just no option for boarding in the context menu.

So pls, dont tell the people how superb this game is at its early beta at the moment. Yes i like it too, but im simply not playing at the moment until its full usable. I bought it instantly to support the publisher, thats all.

Ok... good shout :)

Let's just say i'm supporting the developement lol :)

@ Groove I have np's playing the campaign on normal settings and i average anywhere between 30 to 50/60 fps and it's more than playable for my old system (ok i upgraded my GPU just for AAS because i couldn't afford a full system upgrade just yet).

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Its seems my high-end rig is to low for arma or some of you guys has othere opinion what a smooth gameplay is. I can barely run it on the mid video settings. I have a X2 3800 +, Radeon x1900xtx and 2 gb of ram and this games LOD is totally messed up, the models LOD are some crispy pixels as soon as their more then 200 meters away from me. I have sound issues with a hi-end sound card, the HDR is broken. If you look through binoculars the view gets brighter and brighter. Sometimes if you look somewhere in the forest you think you are suddenly middle of the night.

Tried to play the campaign. In one of the first missions you have to board some vehicles. This is not possible at the moment, there is just no option for boarding in the context menu.

So pls, dont tell the people how superb this game is at its early beta at the moment. Yes i like it too, but im simply not playing at the moment until its full usable. I bought it instantly to support the publisher, thats all.

i assume your running the German version of the game correct???

what version are u running???did u patch it ??if not thats your problem

check the lin below

http://www.armedassault.org/news/latest/german-patch-1.01-released.html

its the 1.01 German patch,there were some issues with German version, mostly performance ones..if you dont have it patched ur gonna have problems, also keep in mind that if ur running AA and AF thats gonna decrease perfomance along with the view distance that u have set, dont assume that u can have visibility distance set to high that ur gonna get awesome performance cause ur gonna be rendering evrything up to that distance...

Also the czech version 1.02 is out and ready for download with the new heli flight model, german patch is OTW..check it out at

armedassault.org

as a side note i have to admit that the pace at which they are fixing problems it quite impresive,

this is the 2nd patch that has come out since arma has been released just a little over a month ago, thats pretty awesome...IMHO

German patch is out now

German_Arma_patch_1.02.jpg

BIS have released a patch for the German version of Armed Assault.

The patch is 105mb and has lots of fixes and Performance issues addressed.

Click on read more to see the full list of changes.

Download the patch HERE

========================================

AND NEW LANGUAGE PATCHER

language_patch_0.9.jpg

Sickboy from 6thsense has done it again in record time.

This patch Language Patch translates the Czech or German 1.02 versions of Arma into English.

Download HERE

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)