1.5.6 Course Ring Indicator not operational

ward8124

All,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue I've noticed in the last few days.

DCS Viggen open Beta :

Cold start instant action mission and MP and other SPs.

Problem:

• Start aircraft as per check list and manual.
  • Course ring zeros itself to the 12 oClock position i.e. a south to north direction.
  • Flag disappears as expected
  • No lights are on the warning panel.
  • Once the plane is moving the CI ring remains in position and does not rotate to the direction of travel/bearing.

Observations:

Looking at the NAV information in the hud there is a 8digit number at the bottom left corner. - Not seen this before

This issue does not exist on DCS release - bit odd

Troubleshooting actions taken all resulting with issue still present:

Full shut down and restart as per manual.

Tried pressing reference button

Reload cartridge HOT

Reset master modes to BER for a few minutes and then set NAV

Turned off master mode and turn it back on after a few minutes(classic IT style)

Run a DCS Repair

Removed module and reinstalled

Changed the start up order - no ground crew and manual

Workaround

I found this by pure fluke and in a fit of frustration/tantrum.

Start up as normal, once the plane is moving input some rudder to the left or right whilst simultaneously pressing the reference button.

I've repeated this several times and it does remain consistent.

So - over to you - what the bloody hell is going wrong here or what am I doing as i've not ruled myself out as the problem although as mentioned, this only happens in beta.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187467

tl;dr;ds

Fixed in 2.1, fix queued for 1.5,

Ok cool thanks though what's tl;dr;ds?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Ok cool thanks though what's tl;dr;ds?

No problem ! :)

tl;dr is jargon for "to long, didnt read" and putting it as a term usually is used to indicate the short variant of a thread or a message is provided afterwards. I did improvis the ;ds for didnt search since one would have to search the thread probably to find all the issues you described since not all users had exactly the same composition iirc.

So yeah its just an indicator that I provided the shortened version so you dont have to read the thread. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Gotta love the efficiency of ze Germans. Thanks non the less ;)