R-77 for Sukhoi's

I'm afraid flanker fans (incl my self) won't be too happy if Su-27 in DCS would be brought to what the real version was. I've read before it did not even have a HUD reticle when locked ;).

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Yes it has:

5dOUOcc.jpg

HUD in STT mode, R-27R selected.

4-7-35: Guide cues form GCI ( or own guide, SAU and Target locked ).

And also some fancy toys like:

Datalink:

E7WwJ0P.png

mI7K63I.jpg

Even red and green lights..... XDD

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

What I've been able to gather from open source research:

R-27P/EP: the only evidence for these that I've been able to find was a Janes article from way back in 2004, stating that the 'standard' P version had allegedly been released for export. The report claimed that the seeker head had a detection range of ~200Km which was significantly better than either the R-27 or R-27E missile body aerodynamic performance, and that it operated at centimetric wavelengths and was therefore capable against fighter targets and more modern AWACS platforms such as the E-3. I can't find any evidence of it actually having been bought by the Russian PVO or Air Force, or ever having been carried by an Su-27 or any derivative thereof.

R-27-EM: Supposedly a variant optimised for low level engagements, and destined to be carried by the Su-27K / Su-33, this variant allegedly had a ~110Km range, with Janes noting that it "probably" entered service in circa 1990. Again, no evidence that it actually did or that it's ever been carried or deployed by a Russian Navy Su-33.

R-27-AE: Supposedly an active-seeker version of the R-27E, this variant appears to have been cancelled in favour of the R-77 which supposedly entered service at around the time that the R-27AE project was cancelled.

What probably happened: Vympel had all sorts of ideas for enhancing R-27 and R-27E variants, but the financial collapse of 1990 --> lead to most if not all the 'advanced' R-27/E versions being cancelled in favour of the R-77 family, which appears to have only entered very limited service itself.

This is pure conjecture, but I would imagine that if/when the K-77 and K-77M enter service on the T-50, along with the K-74 as an R-73 replacement, I'd expect to see those newer missiles standardised across the entire AF / Navy fighter fleets. With no immediately imminent major war, it would make sense for a cash-strapped Russian ministry of defence to defer upgrades of the R-27 platform and simply wait until the more advanced K-77 series is procured, with the current R-27 and R-27E being considered 'good enough' in the interim. Whether or not Vympel will be allowed to continue development of more advanced versions of the R-27 platform for export is another question entirely.

Edited by DarkFire

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

The target is the #35.

4 and 7 are cues to follow for optimal interception. The pilot must center the aircraft center caret with the choosen circle.

Also in the left side are cues for the recommended thrust ( Ф- afterburner, and for climb or descend - Г )

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

The target is the #35.

4 and 7 are cues to follow for optimal interception. The pilot must center the aircraft center caret with the choosen circle.

Also in the left side are cues for the recommended thrust ( Ф- afterburner, and for climb or descend - Г )

Hope that ED realease one day the SU-27SK module with all the features that the manual shows, including the datalink command options, grouping, target distribution, etc in the MFD, the SPO-15 with the real led warnings functions, and clickable of course. They already have the PFM model and a detailed cockpit.

That is my deepest dream ever.

And more unknown systems like the radio link using the K-Dias, the automatic GCI interception System, real ESOS, Radar and MFD symbology, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speaking of which, Flanker was able to engage two targets at the same time. I suppose it was done through buddy lock.

Which would also mean that an Eagle pilot would get a spike from the left, but get a missile from the right.

Speaking of which, Flanker was able to engage two targets at the same time. I suppose it was done through buddy lock.

No it wasn't. I suggest supposing from the operator's manual at least, rather than random internet sites.

Which would also mean that an Eagle pilot would get a spike from the left, but get a missile from the right.

No, it wouldn't. That doesn't even physics. :)

Buddy launches work in one of two ways, both of which are not employed for reasons of mutual interference and due control system limitations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What I've been able to gather from open source research:

R-27P/EP: the only evidence for these that I've been able to find was a Janes article from way back in 2004, stating that the 'standard' P version had allegedly been released for export.

"allegedly"? :) :

http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/503/506/

The report claimed that the seeker head had a detection range of ~200Km which was significantly better than either the R-27 or R-27E missile body aerodynamic performance, and that it operated at centimetric wavelengths and was therefore capable against fighter targets and more modern AWACS platforms such as the E-3.

The seeker in question is called 9B-1032 and is developed by a company called "Avtomatika". I could swear I had a photo(with cap removed) and a spec sheet for it somewhere - I will see if I can find it.

I can't find any evidence of it actually having been bought by the Russian PVO or Air Force, or ever having been carried by an Su-27 or any derivative thereof.

No but that could also be a little difficult, since it looks the same as the standard -R/ER.

R-27-EM: Supposedly a variant optimised for low level engagements, and destined to be carried by the Su-27K / Su-33, this variant allegedly had a ~110Km range, with Janes noting that it "probably" entered service in circa 1990. Again, no evidence that it actually did or that it's ever been carried or deployed by a Russian Navy Su-33.

This version was never realised - there was some work on it in the late eighties, but it was cancelled and never put into production.

R-27-AE: Supposedly an active-seeker version of the R-27E, this variant appears to have been cancelled in favour of the R-77 which supposedly entered service at around the time that the R-27AE project was cancelled.

Not realised either. The seeker involved was the 9B-1103M by AGAT - AFAIK this is still being offered as a universal ARH seeker(in different sizes).

First sentence:

The R-27P1 and R-27EP1 unified medium-range air-to-air missiles with passive IR homing heads are designed to engage radio-emitting air targets by day and night

Just saying.

No but that could also be a little difficult, since it looks the same as the standard -R/ER.

There's no evidence that it exists in any inventory. This includes talking to pilots who would have theoretically had access to it. There's no reason to hide its existence.

There is also no evidence of HUD or Radar or any employment modes for this missile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

[/url]

There's no evidence that it exists in any inventory..

sorry. this is the same story you told to all the community about the R-77 missile. can you change it, is getting boring.

[/url]

This includes talking to pilots who would have theoretically had access to it. There's no reason to hide its existence..

well now is becoming more interesting... pilots... So this is your evidences. Wait and look for the real pilots to tell you that.

[/url]There is also no evidence of HUD or Radar or any employment modes for this missile.

because we don't need a different HUD. Does not exist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Su-27SM and RVV-SD

213336.jpg

Oh, cool is that from Syria? I mean, a missile that has been in service, used by the SU-27, is sure to be found there. Specially since several aircraft from several nations have been brought down. I know I have seen it on the SU-35, do you have any more photos of the missile? Perhaps on the other aircraft that can carry it? That would be cool also. Tried to rep you but it won't let me.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'll switch to the core by my opinion. Where is the time lock in DCS? There is timeline for missile release dates (IRL) and airframe versions (IRL). So there should be a feature in DCS that gives loadout by the year of engagement - not by the mission designer setting. That means if year lock is 1996, there is no 120C because its been released in 2003 or so. This should be mandatory in DCS - Year lock. Next to the core: Missiles in DCS are superdraggy now and feels like they're flying in honey not air. Missile logic and guidance is completely undercoded and broken. Needs fix urgent.

Oh, cool is that from Syria? I mean, a missile that has been in service, used by the SU-27, is sure to be found there. Specially since several aircraft from several nations have been brought down. I know I have seen it on the SU-35, do you have any more photos of the missile? Perhaps on the other aircraft that can carry it? That would be cool also. Tried to rep you but it won't let me.

No, it's not Syria. VKS only deployed Su-30SM and Su-35, not Su-27SM/SM3.

you can find photos in: http://www.russianplanes.net/

... I'm not sure if I'm being trolled. Look at it. It's clearly a rendered image. It's missing all the tiny details that you see in real life photographs.

Such as?

The shadows are a bit too good to be rendered

This is a video game image...

My first thought also.

It's EDs Flanker, the paint is off, the nose paint is DCS, the pilot is clearly DCS, the whole clarity of the plane just shouts DCS, even the heat blur, also the terrain just look at the river banks.

EDIT: on second opinion it doesn't look like the DCS Flanker.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

My first thought also.

It's EDs Flanker, the paint is off, the nose paint is DCS, the pilot is clearly DCS, the whole clarity of the plane just shouts DCS, even the heat blur, also the terrain just look at the river banks.

Crap, if Frostie is agreeing with me, I better go in the other direction... Maybe it is real after all!