needing to run Oculus Home...

fitness88

Does Oculus Home running have any disadvantage?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Here is an easy way to prevent Oculus home from running when using SteamVR:https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188594.

Maybe if you switch to "run as administrator" Oculus home also won`t start on launch of the Tray tool?

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Here is an easy way to prevent Oculus home from running when using SteamVR:https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188594.

Maybe if you switch to "run as administrator" Oculus home also won`t start on launch of the Tray tool?

That is correct, I have the Tray Tool set to run at Windows startup and it does not require Oculus Home to be running. And the game profiles I have set in the Tray Tool work fine in Steam VR without Home running.

For playing any games though that support the Rift directly, Oculus Home must be running.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new rift user...i tried to follow some post here and installed oculus tray tool...i tried pixel density 1.3 to 2.0 both there and in game and tried to disable ASW (to understand what is the real fps). I cannot see any change the graphics seems the same to me and the fps are always 45 or 90 as with ASW on...OTT is run as administrator as stated in the instruction where i am doing some mistake?also is there a way to debug and see what are the options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I am a new rift user...i tried to follow some post here and installed oculus tray tool...i tried pixel density 1.3 to 2.0 both there and in game and tried to disable ASW (to understand what is the real fps). I cannot see any change the graphics seems the same to me and the fps are always 45 or 90 as with ASW on...OTT is run as administrator as stated in the instruction where i am doing some mistake?also is there a way to debug and see what are the options?

First thing to check is to make sure that Pixel Density is set to 1.0 in DCS, otherwise (my understanding is) that DCS will override the settings in OTT.

The Oculus Debug Tool (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics) can give you info about Pixel Density, ASW, etc.

I tried using the OTT and eventually gave up on it as I wasn't seeing any real benefit inside DCS for it. I might try it again depending on how things change in the next patch.

I have the OTT set to run at windows startup as administrator, and it works great for me. I use to set profiles for my individual games. It turns ASW off just fine for me. Also if the game supports a Pixel Density setting - like DCS, I just set my PD in the game. If it does not, I use the game profile I set in OTT to set my Pixel Density.

It has always worked great for me. In fact I have turned ASW off for DCS, I think I like it a little better with it off.

You can also check in the Oculus Tray Tool to see if the settings for the game are in fact applied, just click on the more info icon at the bottom of the tray tool, and it will show whether your ASW and Pixel Density settings you selected are applied at the start of the game, and exited at the close of the game. It keeps a running log of this while the OTT is running.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Tray tool v. 0.69.1 didn't auto select Oculus headphones when Home opened and returned to default playback as specified in the OTT option, has anyone had success with this?

No that part is bugged, ApollyonVR is aware and hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

Edit - I see 0.69.2 is now out, I have not tried it yet may be worth a shot.

Don B

Tray tool v. 0.69.1 didn't auto select Oculus headphones when Home opened and returned to default playback as specified in the OTT option, has anyone had success with this?

Ok just downloaded and tested 0.69.2, I can confirm the audio switcher is indeed working properly in this version.

Don B

What is the purpose or advantaged to be gained by using this Oculus Tray Tool? I am new and trying to figure out how to setup my rift for DCS and struggling to find much in the way of instructions or guidance. I did get it to work but the resolutions is terrible - cannot read any labels or writing in the cockpit. Would OTT help?

What is ASW? Anti submarine warfare??? Sometimes the acronyms make deciphering this stuff pretty tough!

What is the purpose or advantaged to be gained by using this Oculus Tray Tool? I am new and trying to figure out how to setup my rift for DCS and struggling to find much in the way of instructions or guidance. I did get it to work but the resolutions is terrible - cannot read any labels or writing in the cockpit. Would OTT help?

What is ASW? Anti submarine warfare??? Sometimes the acronyms make deciphering this stuff pretty tough!

Oculus Tray Tool - allows one to create per game profiles for setting things like Pixel Density and ASW settings, amongst some other things - like setting all performance settings to max performance, audio switching ( automatically switch to Oculus Headphones when Home starts and back to default sound when exits Home).

Also in my case, with the Innatek USB 3.0 card, sets all power savings for it off as well.

Basically the Oculus Tray Tool is a very GUI user friendly application for accessing things that without it one would have to use the Oculus Debug Tool in the SDK to access.

ASW - Asynchronous Space Warp. When set to Auto ( default ) or On , when framerates drop much below 90 fps in the Rift, it kicks in and runs at 45 fps, interpolating the frames to give an end result of 90 fps. Can cause some graphic anomalies, like blurring of the planes as they fly past, gunsight distortions. But does a good job in giving a smooth experience if one's system cannot maintain 90 fps.

You can read more about ASW here:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Don B

Oculus Tray Tool - allows one to create per game profiles for setting things like Pixel Density and ASW settings, amongst some other things - like setting all performance settings to max performance, audio switching ( automatically switch to Oculus Headphones when Home starts and back to default sound when exits Home).

Also in my case, with the Innatek USB 3.0 card, sets all power savings for it off as well.

Basically the Oculus Tray Tool is a very GUI user friendly application for accessing things that without it one would have to use the Oculus Debug Tool in the SDK to access.

ASW - Asynchronous Space Warp. When set to Auto ( default ) or On , when framerates drop much below 90 fps in the Rift, it kicks in and runs at 45 fps, interpolating the frames to give an end result of 90 fps. Can cause some graphic anomalies, like blurring of the planes as they fly past, gunsight distortions. But does a good job in giving a smooth experience if one's system cannot maintain 90 fps.

You can read more about ASW here:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Awesome!!! Thanks for the explanations Don. Will download and setup OTT when I get home and push on trying to get this all setup and working. My first attempts in the Rift were pretty terrible - very blurry, impossible to read any text in cockpit. Also cannot get mouse to work and cannot click anything after the first attempt as the mouse cursor vanishes leaving no means of engaging with buttons and switches in cockpit. I gotta figure out how to the mouse in Rift....

Awesome!!! Thanks for the explanations Don. Will download and setup OTT when I get home and push on trying to get this all setup and working. My first attempts in the Rift were pretty terrible - very blurry, impossible to read any text in cockpit. Also cannot get mouse to work and cannot click anything after the first attempt as the mouse cursor vanishes leaving no means of engaging with buttons and switches in cockpit. I gotta figure out how to the mouse in Rift....

Be sure and make a habit of enabling true full screen when getting into DCS.

Have to press ALT+ENTER in DCS to get into true full screen. Also make sure you have mouse enabled in the VR settings in DCS. I enable and confine to window.

Regarding blurriness:

Did you set your IPD appropriately in the Oculus Setup ?

Make sure you have the headset adjusted on your head to give you the best image clarity.

I have no trouble reading the gauges/instruments in the Spitfire in VR.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Be sure and make a habit of enabling true full screen when getting into DCS.

Have to press ALT+ENTER in DCS to get into true full screen. Also make sure you have mouse enabled in the VR settings in DCS. I enable and confine to window.

Regarding blurriness:

Did you set your IPD appropriately in the Oculus Setup ?

Make sure you have the headset adjusted on your head to give you the best image clarity.

I have no trouble reading the gauges/instruments in the Spitfire in VR.

Not sure if I had mouse enabled in VR settings - will check and make sure to try that when I get home today. I am also going to download and try the Oculus Tray Tool and see what that can do - any tips are appreciated!

What is IPD?

I think I had pixel density set to 1.0 so I will play with that as well - I didnt know what that was until doing a bit of reading here!

Not sure if I had mouse enabled in VR settings - will check and make sure to try that when I get home today. I am also going to download and try the Oculus Tray Tool and see what that can do - any tips are appreciated!

What is IPD?

I think I had pixel density set to 1.0 so I will play with that as well - I didnt know what that was until doing a bit of reading here!

I would just set Pixel Density in the game gui. It is in the VR tab. Depending on the specs of your rig, you might can run somewhere around 1.3-1.5.

IPD - Interpupillary Distance. It is the slider on the bottom right of your headset. You can reset it in Oculus Home, you adjust that slider whilst looking at bars to give the best image. Everone's eyes vary in distance between them, this compensates for that...

Don B

Read this, it may help you:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184259&highlight=vibrance

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather Oculus Home could be turned on and off like TrackIR. I don't see the need to have Oculus Home running even when I am not using it. It's an annoying system, but I have at least finally got the work around so that DCS doesn't launch in VR overtime so I can go straight to the mission editor and get on with things.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

I'd rather Oculus Home could be turned on and off like TrackIR. I don't see the need to have Oculus Home running even when I am not using it. It's an annoying system, but I have at least finally got the work around so that DCS doesn't launch in VR overtime so I can go straight to the mission editor and get on with things.

I run DCS in Vr without Oculus Home window open by turning on Oculus through the OTT.

I run DCS without VR by running "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR

I run DCS in Vr without Oculus Home window open by turning on Oculus through the OTT.

I run DCS without VR by running "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR

Do you get some gain in FPS without Oculus Home ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg