Normandy, 3 projectors and Nvidia DSR - help I am stuck!!

Hi

I have a 3 Benq 1070 curved screen setup, utilising Immersive Display Pro warping software. When running v 2.1, I get smooth visuals (more of a focus for me than FPS), but lots of jaggies on the trees and shadows.

I have a resolution on my main screen of 3640 x 1024, with options in DCS to choose a higher resolution and also options in windows display settings for higher resolutions. To then confuse me further there are also options with my Nvidia 1080 to use DSR!

Are these resolutions all linked in some way, is any one option better than the other or I am I just being stupid?

Neal:helpsmilie:

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi, I was wondering what is your highest resolution goal for the 3 projectors? Are they consider one big screen like Nvidia surround? Or do you have 3 individual screens. I read the specs for the one projector states 1920x1080 so technically 3 screen you could run 5760x1080. I would believe the jaggies you are seeing in the trees would have to be the 3640x1024. If you up the setting in the Desktop then when you start DCS it should appear in DCS rez sections. If it doesn't you can manually type it in the box in DCS. Or manually adjust the config file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Neal. I am curious if for sake of testing, just to see how it works for you, have you tried running your 3 projectors in Nvidia surround mode via your GPU? As Brewnix stated you then can run in native res for your projectors at 5760x1080 combined (1920x180 each unless 720p native) which is always preferred. I suppose you then could still use the Immersive Display Pro warping software if you need to correct for angled screens if that is a concern. But you will get a higher res and eliminate the need for edge blending via software as your system will see all 3 projectors as 1 big projector.

Are you using a Matrox th2go or something that is requiring a lower desktop res or something?

Edited by Torso

Hi Brewnix and Torso

thank you for your replies. I am running the three projectors through a TH2go digital using a DVI to HDMI converter. The HDMI input on the projectors. My GPU has Display port outputs and a DVI (the one I use).

I use the 3 projectors as a single screen which gives me approx 170 Deg curved screen. The blending is a pain to do, but is crucial for a good single image. I have not tried Nvidia surround so will need to read up on this, I will need to see if I can get a display port to HDMI cable to bypass the TH2go? What does DSR bring to the party in this situation?

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

DSR basically gives you 3840x2160 resolution over your monitor that does not support 4k but resizes it to fit your monitor as long as your game supports higher rez. Basically making it 4k for that program, I am not sure how it works and I have not used it myself. So is the problem you can not select the higher res you want?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you please make a video with your setup, Neal ?!

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=HY3vx94fOGE

Probally similar this is mine linked... to the OP YES Use nVidia Surround..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi

I will post a video of my setup, never done that before so need to read up on how to do it. I will post asap.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Hi Nephilim

That youtube link does not work for me, it says video not found?

Neal

Desktop PC: