Multicrew query

Badger633

Just tried multi crew for the first time with one of my flying buddies. We are both in vr. Set up a multiplayer mission. Went into mission as pilot. My friend tried to come in as Pilot 2. I got a request to give permission to allow him access . I initially had difficulty selecting the button which gave permission using the blue cross curser but soon realised by pressing the mouse wheel the white dot curser would at least make the button to give permission light up as if it had been selected. Unfortunately something was wrong as that is all that happened and my friend could not access the helicopter.

Obviously doing something wrong and would very much appreciate an explanation how to set up the multi crew .

Thanks very much for any help.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanx borchi 2b

The bird was running but he could still not get in. This in dcs 1.5.

I will try again. I assume this should work fine in vr

I set the mission up with the aircraft as client is that correct

Thanks for the reply.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

This should work fine in DCS 1.5. As borchi_2b mentioned, make sure that you have the helo completely started up before the other player joins to avoid desync issues. When the second person joins, you will see a popup asking permission to enter your helo. Click on their name and hit OK. The second player should enter the second seat in the helo after this is done and have control over the left half of the cockpit. I do not fly in VR, so maybe someone could chime in if there is an extra step to take or something. Setting the mission up marking the SA342 as client is correct.

I've used it with a pilot in 1.5. We did it a little different than suggested, my gunner was in the slot as pilot 2 but didn't come in until I had a green bird. We've also had him join before I touched anything in the helicopter, and then both of us sat through a cold start, we found no problems there either.

The helio was started but I had set up a hot start from ramp rather than manually start it up not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks Chump

PROBLEM SORTED !

Sorted it. The problem was that my buddy had not noted his nickname in multiplayer. So when he was requesting to come in, the request window came up but his name did not so I did not have a name to click on so the acceptance button did nothing. Once we realised this my buddy logged his nick name in multiplayer and so this then showed up in the request screen so I could select and then accept.

All good.

I only record this in case somebody else gets themselves in the same position.

Thanks for the responses though much appreciated