DLC campaigns and repeating previous missions?

ozTRipwiRE

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me if the Mi8 Oilfield campaign (and others like the Argo campaign for the Huey and High Stakes for P51) are structured so you have to fly the preceding mission again if the current mission is failed? Thanks.

OZTRIPWIRE

Likewise, I don't have the campaign but that's pretty much the norm for DCS scripted campaigns.

Why do you ask? If you're worried about getting stuck I always suggest playing campaigns as single missions. The only downside is they don't show as complete campaigns in your log but otherwise you can set your own pace and advance / retry as you see fit.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing DCS DLC campaigns as single missions

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and sorry to take so long in answering. I asked because I thought that the DCS campaigns I previously bought like the Republic Campaign for the Ka50 had to be done in order and the preceding mission repeated if a mission is failed. I thought they couldn't be taken into the Mission Editor to do a mission in any order. Is it possible to play old DLC campaigns like the Republic Campaign as single missions in any order and if so how do I do this? I couldn't find a way. Good to hear that I can do missions of campaigns like the Oilfield Campaign in any order though, I might buy a few more campaigns. Thanks.

oztripwire

• ED Team
Hi,

Thanks for the replies and sorry to take so long in answering. I asked because I thought that the DCS campaigns I previously bought like the Republic Campaign for the Ka50 had to be done in order and the preceding mission repeated if a mission is failed. I thought they couldn't be taken into the Mission Editor to do a mission in any order. Is it possible to play old DLC campaigns like the Republic Campaign as single missions in any order and if so how do I do this? I couldn't find a way. Good to hear that I can do missions of campaigns like the Oilfield Campaign in any order though, I might buy a few more campaigns. Thanks.

oztripwire

You can run any mission from any DLC campaign using menu "Mission" --->

Screen_170706_114758.thumb.jpg.1a279cc3c4055da9d737223538eb4747.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DLC campaign missions as single missions

Hi Dzen,

Thanks for the info, but I have run into a problem trying toload up the campaign missions in the Mission section as single missions. Ifyou could tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate the help. I did whatyou recommended but can’t see my bought DLC campaigns under the campaignssection after I click ‘Mission’ in the main menu, just defaults and some freeones I installed. They run fine through the Campaign section of the main menubut I can’t find them under the Mission part to do as single missions. I clickMissions then UH1H for example then campaign and I see the default UN Pilotcampaign missions but not the Argo Campaign I bought and installed andactivated. It shows up in the Module Manager as being installed but I can’tfind it in the Missions section. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help.

oztripwire

Screen1 sing mis.doc

Hi,

Some purchased campaigns are actually on this path:

\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\

Use the .. option on the file list to travel up the folder tree, until you can get to the path above, then travel down to ... campaigns

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
Hi Dzen,

Thanks for the info, but I have run into a problem trying toload up the campaign missions in the Mission section as single missions. Ifyou could tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate the help. I did whatyou recommended but can’t see my bought DLC campaigns under the campaignssection after I click ‘Mission’ in the main menu, just defaults and some freeones I installed. They run fine through the Campaign section of the main menubut I can’t find them under the Mission part to do as single missions. I clickMissions then UH1H for example then campaign and I see the default UN Pilotcampaign missions but not the Argo Campaign I bought and installed andactivated. It shows up in the Module Manager as being installed but I can’tfind it in the Missions section. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help.

oztripwire

See a short video:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read that the Museum Relic Campaign for the F-86 Sabre has an built-in option to skip missions during the campaign.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hey Simicro, there is indeed a skip mission feature in the Museum Relic. It is a special option that the campaign creator added to the radio menu that automatically gives the player a passing score on the mission.

You should find most DLC campaigns simply require you repeat the failed mission, though, not the one prior to it. See Dzen's excellent video for how to navigate to any .miz from any campaign at any time. :)