Comanche

brettt777

I know there were only two built but they were still totally bad to the bone... Boeing Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche. Incredible machine. A total shame they were canceled. I use to work for a guy that was a test pilot for them back in the '90's.

• Like 1

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

• 1 year later...
DCS is a sand box sim' date=' so if there is enough info then why not, MP servers can ban things afterall…[/quote']

Sure, that's exactly what we want. A prototype that will be shunned by a majority of the community lol Besides the info isn't going to be available for something like that, and there are vastly more appropriate aircraft that ARE available.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

LOL. I just discovered that aircraft x was made. There was only one but gee it would be cool to have.

:doh::megalol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah cobra not some non functional fantasycopter. Want stealth? Hide behind a hill, plus hills block ze boolits.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am here everyday checking out if Belsimtek will finally give details about their AH-1S Huey Cobra. They announced it on facebook once and can't sleep since :)

as offbase as a comanche request is in itself, why are you trying to talk about the ah-1 here?

you guys are like incapable of processing anything beyond the voices in your own head or something

Could you imagine that he meant the dude that did necro bump it? I can imagine he meant the dude that necro bumped it.

He was quoting me, and the rest of his response was clearly directed at me, he could have responded to JuanEnrique's post aswell and said that in a separate post, so no, not buying it.

If every R&D project and failed acquisition program found its way into this sim it would be an incoherent mess with development looking like cat herding.

Can't stop thinking, though: you mean about the way it is and has been for quite a long time?

Don't get me wrong, I, too, prefer to have more 'real active duty' modules over exotic prototypes, but still, it's not like the world of DCS has ever been overly coherent.

Awww, did I touch a nerve? Yes, I was talking to you and everyone else in general. Welcome to an internet discussion forum, where people may respond to your comments and even criticse them. It's not for faint hearted, this rough and tumble world. Is it necessary I quote every single person and say the same thing over and over again?

I didn't say anything about multi vs single, I suggested a bs fantasy helicopter prototype would not go over very well in a community focused on realism amd that said fantasy copter would lack all the necessary info to make it thereby increasing the level of fantasy bs of said.helicopter.

I honestly think the dislike for prototypes and low production aircraft is overrated by a huge amount.

Military operations don't only exist on the battlefield, testing and experimentation is part of what they do. Flying test sorties with a prototype weapon is absolutely as appropriate in DCS as trying to simulate a historical conflict. Pretty much, if the data exists the simulate the airframe, it's DCS appropriate as far as I'm concerned. We already have NTTR, which is a map dedicated to non combat military operations. I don't get the negativity associated with prototypes.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The comanche can be quite interesting to fly but I think making it for a high fidelity simulator would involve quite a few issues. Of course there are some games where prototypes fit right in and are even needed to complete a particular lineup.

One would be the difficulty of getting documents or interviewing test pilots for a high-profile military aircraft that is probably still going to serve as a basis for actual future military aircraft...

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

I didn't necro bump it pal.

Sweet sweet necro love...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If every R&D project and failed acquisition program found its way into this sim it would be....

... incredibly awesome. It would mean that ED had enough resources to model such things and many more people would be interested in the product.

From hardcore realism to pure fantasy... it's all good. Sometimes I think the DCS community are their own worst enemy.

I really don't get all the "wish police" on this forum.

Me either, it's ridiculous, wah wah wah, someone wants a module I don't want, wha wha wha.

It's called "DCS Wishlist" for a reason, not "DCS Wishlist as long as everyone else is happy".

No one would make them buy it, and if they don't want it in an MP server then they can host a server or go on a server where it is banned.

You're correct, it is a wishlist, reviewed by devs to help them judge popularity of aircraft, features, or even just general requests.

People who support an idea say so... people who don't also say so. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

-edit

Oh, as for fantasy and prototypes, Ace Combat, War Thunder, and World of Warplanes are down the hall on the right. When the scent of acne medication becomes overbearing you're there.

Edited by zhukov032186

There's always the thought police, right. Get over it .:music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

... incredibly awesome. It would mean that ED had enough resources to model such things and many more people would be interested in the product.

From hardcore realism to pure fantasy... it's all good. Sometimes I think the DCS community are their own worst enemy.

Yes, it would be awesome if that was just possible, but seeing how long some things take in development, I'm afraid there is a certain need to prioritise.

In regards to 'wish police' and the likes: I am concerned with how some of these discussions turn overly emotional (and personal) rather quickly nowadays, but at least some of us just try to make the point: 'I would rather have resources committed to other projects first'

If that in itself is understood as a 'nope and your wish sucks!' that is more of a problem of your attitude than mine.