two commands with one joystick button

Because I cannot use target at the moment, I have been just programing my TM WH directly in the game settings. One thing that I would like to do is have one button do two commands. For example, when I press button x, commands A and B are processed. I don't think this is possible without target, but I thought that I would ask.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Because I cannot use target at the moment, I have been just programing my TM WH directly in the game settings. One thing that I would like to do is have one button do two commands. For example, when I press button x, commands A and B are processed. I don't think this is possible without target, but I thought that I would ask.

I would like to +1 this.

With the F-14 coming it would be very handy to map actual controls to your HOTAS. Obviously this isn't isolated to just that aircraft thou.

Would just need implementation to output the correct command based on specific parameter on an aircraft-specific basis.

Without 'comparing' DCS to the 'other' sims - IL-2 has the option to assign several different commands to one button, works well.

1.thumb.jpg.dc742ef41d3c2d9fe848d25ea5966b89.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.06861ba4c9f6ceb20e883c5371aec6ac.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried modifiers? I use modifiers on my thrustmaster flight stick x and it allows me to map anything I want to the stick. For example, I use button 5 to 10 as modifier so I got over 60 commands with the hat switch alone.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Modifiers are not the issue. I want to be able to press one button and get 2 commands. Thanks anyhow.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

In Controls GUI is not possible, there what you can do is modifier a button behavior momentarily with modifiers or permanently with switches ("modes").

If you don't want use 3rd part keymapper - TARGET or similar, try editing LUA files.

Add the first command in button press (1) and other command in button release (0) this will work simultaneous only for momentary buttons/switches, not for "toggle" (latch) switches.

Look at this topics:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=165430&highlight=actions+button

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

Edited by Sokol1_br

It has happened that accidentally there is a control conflict caused by some unusual condition and the game GUI highlights this conflict in red.

I wonder if it's possible to text-edit the diff.lua and cause a conflict to put the same button on two commands. It would highlight red in game as an error and conflict but perhaps it would actually do both actions on that same key press.

I have managed to create a macro that turns all the interior lights up in the A-10C from a single switch input (the cockpit controls are hard to find in a mission starting at night). The macro uses the same approach as the auto-start macro that DCS provides for most aircraft.

The downside of custom macros is that they don't pass the integrity check on Multi-Player servers.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Voice Attack

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

#BaD CrC:

For how long have you been using Xpadder? Have you experienced stability issues?

Reason I'm asking: I've been using Target for some time. Among other things, it allows you to generate a whole series of commands based on a single switch input. I stopped using it, because the combination of Target, TrackIR and DCS World was not stable.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Voice Attack

For those that may be unaware, Voice Attack can bind multiple inputs to a single button press WITHOUT a spoken command.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Chic

I have voice attack but generally use VAC. Can you point me to the docs showing how to do that?

Chic

I have voice attack but generally use VAC. Can you point me to the docs showing how to do that?

https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

Add Joysticks (max of 2)

Tick When I press button, and map button

Add Commands

:thumbup:

If you want to get real fancy you can add some programming stuff to differentiate output based on virtual 'WOW switch' check.

E.G. I have a parameter that gets set to '1' when the gear goes up (0 when gear down) - and you can then have a IF command in your double-output joystick button command to check if this parameter is '1' - if it is then output key 'A', if not (you are still on ground/have gear down) then output key 'B'.

Voice Attack is amazing - you can literally do just about anything controls-wise!

I actually use a little 'cheat' for the F-5E, I can't be bothered holding the Aileron Limiter switch - so just say 'Aileron' and it checks to see if the limiter has been activated yet (value = 1) - if it hasn't then it holds the limiter button down and sets the value to 1. If it is already full range then it releases the limiter button instead and sets the value to 0. I also get the lovely lady say to "Aileron Full Range" or "Aileron Limited Range" to confirm selection.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chic

Nothing to add to VampireNZ's response.

JUST CHOPPERS