CH Fightersitck and Windowns 10.

Hello gentlemen,

I just upgraded to a new computer and decided to install Windows 10-64 in it.

I was able to install my CH FighterStick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals in the new OS. I can even see it in control panel and calibrate via the CH software, Control Manager.

The problem starts when I try to use my Control Maps (how they call profiles in CHs) and go for the joystick "Mapped Mode". It blacks the OFF, DIRECT and MAPPED Buttons in the Control MAnager Software and windowns 10 gets lost with the new joystick/device names. Basically Control Manager renames joysticks to CM Device 1, 2 and 3...

I'd like to know if any of you managed to fix this or do you think I am cursed to use direct mode?

I got so frustraded I am at point of ditching my beloved CH products and change to a Warthog A-10 Stick, but in Brazil they are VERY expensive.

I thank you in advance for ANY advice you give me.

All the best,

Sydy

I use CH sticks and throttle. I didn't install the CH software, everything works the way it should. Not sure what the CH software adds?

Hi lemoen,

The Control Manager is a nice asset because sometimes I click one button and I trigger a sequence of buttons press or a button combination.

Mine works well under direct mode, but I'd like to get the mapped mode back.

Tks,

Sydy

The behavior you are describing sounds normal for CH products.

In mapped mode the CH devices will be presented to Windows and games as "CM Device 1", "CM Device 2". etc. depending on how many devices/axes/etc. you have in the profile.

In Direct Mode they will show up as individual devices with their product names (eg "CH Pro Throttle)".

Check out the ch-hangar.com forums for more help and info.

The behavior you are describing sounds normal for CH products.

In mapped mode the CH devices will be presented to Windows and games as "CM Device 1", "CM Device 2". etc. depending on how many devices/axes/etc. you have in the profile.

In Direct Mode they will show up as individual devices with their product names (eg "CH Pro Throttle)".

Check out the ch-hangar.com forums for more help and info.

Hi SVgamer,

Yep, it just sounds normal, but it is not.

For instance, I can not download a second map later on during the same boot session.

Besides that, windows 10 gets lost and I get NO Joystick in the DCS set up.

I wrote to CH in California as CH-Hangar has no answer as well for the mapped mode.

All the best and tks,

Sydy

A common issue with Win 10 is re-enumerate USB devices at computer boot - specially for people that have habit to un-plug /plug joysticks every day for any reason.

Can check this order in Games Controllers (joy.cpl on Cortana box).

If are trying using old profiles, the may don't match Wind 10 order (ID) for joysticks.

From Avsim forum:

All my CH products work fine with the CH Control Manager, and includes many macros and extensive functions. This is on a system that started out as Win7, upgraded to Win8, then Win8.1, then Win10, and now Win10Anni, I've got FSX, FSX:SE and P3D v2 and P3d v3 installed all still work with the CH setup no issues. The problem I see mostly is that a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\CMCtlCtr.exe" should be placed in the ..\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. The CH Manager must be configured, save the config and that configuration is "downloaded" to the driver setup. When the system starts up the CMCtlCtr.exe configures it automatically.

Edited by Sokol1_br

CH still is operation and fully functioning. They have mailed me new pots recently free of charge.

I'm not following what your exact issues is. I run CH on windows 10 64 bit. I also just did a fresh install of Windows 10 due to an HDD failure. CH works just fine.

So it leads me to believe there is some form on user error here but i don't know what your having an issue with.

Here is my full process

1) Install CH software before I ever plugged in the USB devices

2) Plug in all CH software

3) Create a profile that does not combine controllers and doesn't use the scripting

4) Download Profile

5) Click the uncombined controllers button

6) Go to calibration within CH and now you should see the actual names. Stick, Throttle, Pedals vs device 1,2,3.

7) Whichever way your devices are named that is how DCS will read them. So if you program while you're stuff is the actual names but then forget to click that button one day. DCS will read device 1,2,3, and show defaults until you leave and uncombined them.

If you can not get CH products to work properly there is something wrong with your system and not CH. Because it works fine on a clean install of Windows 10. I can tell you the issue is not CH because so many people use it without issue including me.

• 1 month later...
Check if your CH HOTAS devices are plugged into USB 3.0 ports.

I had the same problem! fixed by connecting to USB 2.0 ports.

Hi cheetah,

Tks, but it was 2.0. Triple-checked it. Gave up on CH anyway... Now with TM WH.

Tks,

Sydy

Before you buy the TMWH you might want to read these.....

http://www.overclock.net/t/1468856/hotas-warthog-disappointing-experience

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60291

I was going to get it, but after extensive research I saw the nightmare I was walking into. I got smart and bought the CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals. A year later I havent had any issues and have experienced their great customer service as well.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

• 2 months later...
last time i installed CH control manager, it was really borked on windows...

im not sure if there are any updates to ch control manager since windows has been updated in the last year....

DCS World,the only sim giving me heaps of problems with this hotas.

But I am doing the training missions which are loaded with bugs.