Command Line Param to Launch DCS with different graphic configurationss?

TWC_Alamo

Has anyone found a way to have two sets of graphic configurations and be able to start DCS with a command line parameter specifying which configuration setting to use?

One configuration would be optimized for use with a monitor and Track IR, while the second would be optimized for VR. I am aware of the --FORCE ENABLE VR/--FORCE DISABLE VR command line parameter, but that seems to only enable/disable VR and doesn't change graphic quality settings. Is there a command line parameter to specify an alternate graphic configuration?

I had considered doing second installations of DCS1.5/DCS2.1, which are optimized for VR, but that takes up precious amounts of M.2 NVMe space. It would be better to be able to switch graphic configuration files before or at startup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Has anyone found a way ... DCS with a command line parameter specifying which configuration setting to use?

There isn't one.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I mean, super complex and silly but copy your savedgames/dcs/config/config.lua to config_vr.lua then start dcs setup things for non-vr copy the same file to config_nonvr.lua

Then write a batch file that copies the specific version (vr,nonvr) over top of config.lua then starts dcs.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I mean, super complex and silly but copy your savedgames/dcs/config/config.lua to config_vr.lua then start dcs setup things for non-vr copy the same file to config_nonvr.lua

Then write a batch file that copies the specific version (vr,nonvr) over top of config.lua then starts dcs.

I do the same but with a batch file thus it does it automatically for me :)

Edit: Answered to fast :-D

Edited by f4l0

I do the same but with a batch file thus it does it automatically for me :)

Edit: Answered to fast :-D

Thanks for the batch file suggestion. I'll had thought of doing that, but like you noted kinda clunky, but I'll give that a try.

Yes, you can use JSGME or OvGME to switch between different config.lua effortlessly.

BaD CrC: That is an interesting possibility.

Life would be so much simpler if DCS would incorporate a command line parameter to specify the graphic config.

I wonder if Skatezilla could incorporate the graphic configuration file swap in his DCS Configuration Update Utility in the start in VR function?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals