[NO BUG] Track Ir with BF 109 K4

OBT-Mikmak

It seems that DCS influences the management of the Track Ir in a way particularly problematic in my opinion on the Bf 109 K4.

When I turn my head to look at my six, I can not do lateral movements ... it is very painful because of the canopy frame blinding my visual...

Do you have the same behavior ?

Is there a solution to get back this degree of freedom (lateral movement) towards six o'clock?

Edited by OBT~Mikmak

I don't think there is a way to do that but you can move your head position forward, so the back plate becomes less of an issue both when looking up and at your six o clock.

Just use RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD* to move your head position forward, the combination of RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD(KEY) allows you to move your head in all sorts of different directions. NUMPAD8 Up, NUMPAD2 Down, NUMPAD* forward, NUMPAD- back, etc.

RCTRL + RSHIFT + NUMPAD5 resets the head position to default.

I only learned all of this recently thanks to the good people of this forum :)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

or just pop off the canopy, problem solved!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

put your TrackIR in pause mode, then put your head/view forward a bit with the mouse or the key combos, save that position and enable TrackIR again.

When you look up, the plate will obviously be more behind you and not above you anymore.

• 1 year later...
put your TrackIR in pause mode, then put your head/view forward a bit with the mouse or the key combos, save that position and enable TrackIR again.

When you look up, the plate will obviously be more behind you and not above you anymore.

Hi! How do you "Save" the position in cockpit? THX!

[sIGPIC]http://www.settimostormo.it/images/Firme/racetrack.png[/sIGPIC]

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"

"Se non guardi a ore 6 almeno ogni 5 secondi non parlarmi di combattimento aereo, piuttosto fai il comico"

I think, it is

Controls Options / View Cockpit / Save Cockpit Angles - "RAlt + Num 0"

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |