RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

nicka117 the F18 has been in project for 7 years I'm pretty sure all that done

or they would not be showing it off at E3 and letting people fly it and do carrier landings

Has not been in development for 7 years.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No it hasnt,

Planned Maybe, But the Hornet itself has not been in development since 2010, You're Skewing Numbers.

Underlying Technologies Development to Support the Hornet didnt start being developed until after the A-10C Entertainment Release. Which was Late 2011.

The Hornet itself was not being developed in 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

No it hasnt,

Planned Maybe, But the Hornet itself has not been in development since 2010, You're Skewing Numbers.

Underlying Technologies Development to Support the Hornet didnt start being developed until after the A-10C Entertainment Release. Which was Late 2011.

The Hornet itself was not being developed in 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012.

so 5 years still with that much time it should be dam near done with everything

ready to go up for sale

This is great. Appreciate ED participating at E3 and showing the F18.

Will be looking forward to the Carrier Ops whatever state it is in. I want to see that bird trap.

The new TM Stick looks good too. But I will fly her with my Warthog stick which I love.

I recently moved back east after working in LA for 7 years...just my luck E3 goes there with ED attending with the Hornet after I leave. Such timing!

Easy to get excited and can't wait for the Hornet to drop...but my gut feeling is its still several months out if not more.

See some Silly thoughts and comments around here...must be the entitled generation lol! Sad.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm just saying Eagle Dynamics keeps you in the dark man tends to piss people off I'm not assuming nothing but 1,825 days later we her something about it lol

I think that has more to do with ED feeling like this...

tenor.gif

I think I read somewhere they were not intending on releasing too much info/builds early as they see what happens with the backlash if modules are released as 'Alpha' and ppl expect a finished product.

Personally, I am happy for stuff to be released early...if it ever actually was finished properly. I seem to sense a certain amount of "Yep it's out and we been paid.....cruise mode - they will get what they are given and be happy from now on." Might be wrong thou (not talking specifically ED)......

Happy for the F/A-18 fans out there,.......but not being one, I say bring on the Tomcat!

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all due respect, this thread is about Eagle Dynamics @ E3, not how long the Hornet has been in development,

So, that Being said,

If IIRC and Looked back at official announcements,

Late 2007 - ED Was Given Permission to Convert DTT to Entertainment DCS: A-10C

Late 2011- DCS A-10C Entertainment was Released

Jan 2013 - Updated F/A-18C External Model Introduced

Early May 2013 - F/A-18C was said to Still be Planned, but not in Development Yet, and was noted that it would take longer than any previous Module.

Late May 2013 - Work On Cockpit Model was On Going

June 2013 - Plans were stated that after FC3 was Finished, the next DCS: Fighter would be the F/A-18C

December 2014 - DCS: F/A-18C is Confirmed to be in Full Development

Between Now and Then, things have Changed, Specifically the Original Plan was to have an older Lot Aircraft, However Recently ED Changed this to Lot 20,

as a Result the Cockpit had to undergo a lot of 3D Art Changes, and the External Model was also re-done.

Dec 2014 -> Now is 30 to 31 Months.

A-10C Took a few years to Develop the DTT Version, and then another 4 to Convert it to the DCS:A-10C Version. So We'll say 72 Months to be fair.

There was Also Breaks in Development why Underlying Technologies were developed to Support the Hornet. (A2G Radar, Super Sonic PFMs, etc etc)

There was no Attempts to hide the length of development the Hornet Would take, it was stated up front before development was in full gear it would take significantly longer.

So Again, With all due respect, please dont assume and speculate on how long something has been in development or how long it should take.

Edited by SkateZilla

With all due respect, this thread is about Eagle Dynamics @ E3, not how long the Hornet has been in development,

So, that Being said,

Early May 2013 - F/A-18C was said to Still be Planned, but not in Development Yet, and was noted that it would take longer than any previous Module.

June 2013 - Plans were stated that after FC3 was Finished, the next DCS: Fighter would be the F/A-18C

Between Now and Then, things have Changed, Specifically the Original Plan was to have an older Lot Aircraft, However Recently ED Changed this to Lot 20,

as a Result the Cockpit had to undergo a lot of 3D Art Changes, and the External Model was also re-done.

A-10C Took a few years to Develop the DTT Version, and then another 4 to Convert it to the DCS:A-10C Version. So We'll say 72 Months to be fair.

There was Also Breaks in Development why Underlying Technologies were developed to Support the Hornet. (A2G Radar, Super Sonic PFMs, etc etc)

There was no Attempts to hide the length of development the Hornet Would take, it was stated up front before development was in full gear it would take significantly longer.

So Again, With all due respect, please dont assume and speculate on how long something has been in development or how long it should take.

And all this work will make it faster for them to deliver the DCS F-16C :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wont mind that as long as it follows 2 rules.

1. It needs to be multiplayer accessible, and it should not split between those who have and those who have nots.

2. To make the product worth it, IMO it needs to have some extra functions for those who have it, There was this mod that some one made that had basic controls over ships, ability for manual control for ships to shoot tomahawk missiles and navigate, having something like that with a decent interface will be worth the price. those who have the carrier should be able to get some sort of GCI "battle command" view thats well integrated. It Does not have to be a full sim just enough to make it an interesting product and for SP use.

Well, if you want to do carrier ops, you should have to pay for the module--MP or not. We have to keep these guys funded so they can keep making cool stuff for us. Certainly not a full sim of a carrier, that would be ridiculous.

But, it does need to be a reasonably accurate simulation of carrier flight ops, case 1 , case 3, etc, moving carrier, pitching deck based on weather settings and properly functioning IFOLS, steam catapults. An accurately modeled LSO with landing grades would be nice.

If we got some extra eye candy with animated deck crew w/ triggers, that would be really cool, but maybe too much to ask.

• ED Team
so 5 years still with that much time it should be dam near done with everything

ready to go up for sale

There is a lot that goes into development before any coding starts. Don't think 5 or however long ago the just started coding away...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So, that Being said,

Between Now and Then, things have Changed, Specifically the Original Plan was to have an older Lot Aircraft, However Recently the ED Changed this to Lot 20,

totally understand and I apologize sorry for the misunderstanding

it just sucks everybody at E3 gets to play it while we sit here and wait keep up the great work Ed

Best thing here: performance must have been improved that they show normandy in VR!!! Plus I love the fact they put VR to show of their stuff. The way simulation is menat to be played.

But why they put the stick to the right, will break a bit of immersion it always kills me if the stick is not where it should be in VBR :)

• ED Team

So, that Being said,

Between Now and Then, things have Changed, Specifically the Original Plan was to have an older Lot Aircraft, However Recently the ED Changed this to Lot 20,

Yes, supersonic PFM was one of showstoppers. That is why F-15C/F-5E FMs were worked on before F/A-18C FM. We needed the tech to grow and to become mature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

This is great. Appreciate ED participating at E3 and showing the F18.

Will be looking forward to the Carrier Ops whatever state it is in. I want to see that bird trap.

The new TM Stick looks good too. But I will fly her with my Warthog stick which I love.

I recently moved back east after working in LA for 7 years...just my luck E3 goes there with ED attending with the Hornet after I leave. Such timing!

Easy to get excited and can't wait for the Hornet to drop...but my gut feeling is its still several months out if not more.

See some Silly thoughts and comments around here...must be the entitled generation lol! Sad.

If I had to guess, I would think F-18 early access with most systems functioning maybe just before Christmas, and Strait of Hormuz and Carrier by Q2 of next year. I'd be happy with that. And if I could get my hands on a second gen VR set by Q2, then I'd be in heaven. Hi-def VR carrier ops with the Hornet? Wow. You probably need a little better res with VR to fly an accurately scaled meatball--too much model enlargement wouldn't be great.

Edited by nicka117