Ground units damage model question

Is the new damage model confirmed for ground units too? I could only find confirmation of it being developed for aircrafts, but looking at the encyclopedia, all the WWII tanks have their armor values listed, wich is something that you dont have for any of the modern tanks. Is this indication that we will have proper penetration damage modeled for ground units instead of the usual HP pool?

Yeah.....And that's a pretty big bummer for me. It's not very fun creating missions where armor is concerned at this point. You can't really destroy it. We may as well not bother having it at this point.

It's next to impossible to kill any of it with the WWII era planes and their weapons. From what I hear, even modern weapons aren't as effective as they should be against them.

So from my POV, they're pretty useless right now.

Hopefully we'll get a few more land based weapons and vehicles (with decent damage modeling) in the assets pack with this next update. It would make it feel a little more like money well spent for me. I'm not inclined to believe that the damage model for the tanks is going to change any time soon as it has taken years for the WWII aircraft to be addressed. I'm kind of bummed about the whole assets deal at this point.

Edited by Zimmerdylan

Yeah.....And that's a pretty big bummer for me. It's not very fun creating missions where armor is concerned at this point. You can't really destroy it. We may as well not bother having it at this point.

It's next to impossible to kill any of it with the WWII error planes and their weapons. From what I hear, even modern weapons aren't as effective as they should be against them.

So from my POV, they're pretty useless right now.

Hopefully we'll get a few more land based weapons and vehicles (with decent damage modeling) in the assets pack with this next update. It would make it feel a little more like money well spent for me. I'm not inclined to believe that the damage model for the tanks is going to change any time soon as it has taken years for the WWII aircraft to be addressed. I'm kind of bummed about the whole assets deal at this point.

Here's the workaround I'm using: My current project has ship objectives that I want to sink with a single SC-500 bomb. Normally, it takes 3-4 bombs to sink an attack transport.

I attach event handlers to the ships that I want to be killable with a single bomb strike. When the unit generates a "hit" event, I check both unit's health and weapon type. If the values are consistent with a direct bomb hit, I trigger a powerful explosion directly on top of the unit's position.

this kills the unit

Edited by Kyridious