Newbie friendly server?

Meneliki

Hello,

Are there any newb friendly servers in multiplayer? I've been poking around the server list and I'm seeing a lot of hefty rules/general elitism etc.. definitely not a welcoming environment. Does anyone know of any good beginner servers?

Thanks

• Like 1

you are more than welcome to come and join us anytime.

we have lots of beginners and experienced player who can help.. come say hi on our Facebook page, link is below :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I play on Open Conflict. As long as you don't team-kill, or try to kill people in the safe zones, no one much cares what you do. You can group up with people to do stuff, or go solo.

[sIGPIC]Complimentary barf bags available on request.[/sIGPIC]

Another thing to add about the Open Conflict server is the safe zones are areas where you can practice your air-to-ground flights on targets that will shoot back to a degree (usually AAA) without worrying about getting shot down by other air threats.

Lets you focus on doing clean runs and learning how your weapons behave.

Then, when you're feeling squirrelly, you can hit targets in the conflict zone where AI and player aircraft along with SAMs, etc., will be hunting you.

Like Shinhwa said, learn how to use the IFF system your aircraft has so you don't shoot down friendlies. Also take off from runways, not taxiways but that should be the case on any server.

Thanks for all your replies.

I've been trying a number of servers, with varying degrees of success..

the 59th ravens server i'm able to connect to, though i've yet to find anyone online.

When I connect to the open conflict server, it just hangs for a few minutes after I click 'fly', and then i get a ping timeout (even tho i ping 50-60 to that server)

Most of the other ones either don't let me connect at all, have obscene amounts of lag, or appear to have hotkeys disabled or something.

Amidst all this, the multiplayer interfaces are forever hanging/stalling/crashing.. for every minute i spend actually in a server, I probably spend 20-25 minutes loading, reloading, waiting, etc.

I'm finding it unbearable, which is a shame because I really wanted to try the multiplayer :cry:

Anyone else experiencing these issues or is it just me?

Hello,

Are there any newb friendly servers in multiplayer? I've been poking around the server list and I'm seeing a lot of hefty rules/general elitism etc.. definitely not a welcoming environment. Does anyone know of any good beginner servers?

Thanks

Elitism is a strange choice of words. Rules are there to benefit everyones enjoyment and tend revolve around no team killing, no taxiway takeoff, no trolling etc. I don't know how you come to the elitism tag.

Perhaps you mean difficulty settings which obviously is there for a reason, just highlighting a server will show what difficulty options are set.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thanks for all your replies.

I've been trying a number of servers, with varying degrees of success..

the 59th ravens server i'm able to connect to, though i've yet to find anyone online.

When I connect to the open conflict server, it just hangs for a few minutes after I click 'fly', and then i get a ping timeout (even tho i ping 50-60 to that server)

Most of the other ones either don't let me connect at all, have obscene amounts of lag, or appear to have hotkeys disabled or something.

Amidst all this, the multiplayer interfaces are forever hanging/stalling/crashing.. for every minute i spend actually in a server, I probably spend 20-25 minutes loading, reloading, waiting, etc.

I'm finding it unbearable, which is a shame because I really wanted to try the multiplayer :cry:

Anyone else experiencing these issues or is it just me?

Did you set your network settings correctly in the options?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I'd probably be banned from most of those servers - taxiway takeoff is my SOP in Blue Flag. Hey, seconds count when that bomber is inbound on Gudata.

OP, the 59th, Open Conflict, and Through the Inferno servers are all great. I've played on each and enjoyed them. They are all friendly to new players, and the best way to get into them is to join their public Teamspeak servers and group up with people who will help teach you what you want to know.

Blue Flag is also a good server, even for new players. Understanding the setup and objectives takes a round or two, but you can hop on Simple Radio and/or Teamspeak and quickly be given tasking for what is needed ("go CAP and defend Sochi" for instance). With enough players, each side usually has a GCI to coordinate people doing different tasks. It's a lot of fun working with the team, and nobody can capture an objective all by himself, so your contributions to the team are always welcome.

If you ever see Dino Might on Blue Flag, just give me a hollar and I'll help get you up to speed. I am flying blue side right now, but switch back and forth often, so if you have a particular side you prefer and get hold of me beforehand, I can join up on the side you choose.

I'd probably be banned from most of those servers - taxiway takeoff is my SOP in Blue Flag. Hey, seconds count when that bomber is inbound on Gudata.

OP, the 59th, Open Conflict, and Through the Inferno servers are all great. I've played on each and enjoyed them. They are all friendly to new players, and the best way to get into them is to join their public Teamspeak servers and group up with people who will help teach you what you want to know.

Blue Flag is also a good server, even for new players. Understanding the setup and objectives takes a round or two, but you can hop on Simple Radio and/or Teamspeak and quickly be given tasking for what is needed ("go CAP and defend Sochi" for instance). With enough players, each side usually has a GCI to coordinate people doing different tasks. It's a lot of fun working with the team, and nobody can capture an objective all by himself, so your contributions to the team are always welcome.

If you ever see Dino Might on Blue Flag, just give me a hollar and I'll help get you up to speed. I am flying blue side right now, but switch back and forth often, so if you have a particular side you prefer and get hold of me beforehand, I can join up on the side you choose.

Thanks, I appreciate that! :thumbup: I'll keep an eye out for you!