2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

From start of pre-order on 22 May to early Autmen 2019 early access release.

Is Autmen some sort of Egyptian seasonal reference? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Release a full fidelity F15 Wags. I take this over F18, F16 and F14 honestly. Isn't this already planned? I know a 15E version was started and then aborted by a third party developer "some" time ago.

Edited by Der Hirte

RAZBAM is working on the F-15E, they announced it last year.
I wish it could change somehow. I'd rather ED + Belsimtek or HB develope it instead of RB to be honest.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Surprising but good to see. Well, how will the RIO situation be handled? Like in the F14 with the Jester menu? A bit of a immersion breaker when you are flying solo. Will there be an option to actually get a full fidelity C version whether by ED themselves or included in RAZBAM product?

Razbam announced several weeks ago on their Discord channel that their Strike Eagle will not support an AI at all. The plane will require two players to be flown with optimal efficiency.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Razbam announced several weeks ago on their Discord channel that their Strike Eagle will not support an AI at all. The plane will require two players to be flown with optimal efficiency.

This will push down sales heavily compared to the ability to fly it alone (C version). When it's not usable as a single individual - how many would purchase this? I clearly will not. When you have to have someone sitting in the back everytime you want to fly it effectively or at all? Please ... For A2G there will be the Hornet, Viper and for additional multicrew even Tomcat. A2G scenarios are perfectly serviced with these. Why then Strike Eagle instead of full fidelity C version which is perfectly usable as a single pilot? Eagle belongs into the air for superiority. 1 or 2 of 3 people ever flown the FC3 F15C version will still love to switch to a full fidelity one in a heartbeat. Strike Eagle which forces you to always have a mate in the backseat to be effective? Not so much.

Developing the Strike Eagle instead of the C version might turn out as a really bad decision when you think about development costs to how many people will actually buy this module. I mean really bad when the market for A2G is already saturated. "Oh for air to air it's already saturated aswell ! ..." Subjective, but you can fly alone whenever you want to and are dependent only on yourself compared to the E version. It's time for a C version - as a single module or somehow incorporated into RAZBAMs product. I see unnecessarily low sales numbers on a multicrew only Strike Eagle.

Edited by Der Hirte

F-15E with ability to fly in multi-crew mode only is going to hurt. I was looking forward to the earnestly but this will make me pass.

Hard to spend some money on an aircraft and then always have to look for a partner to fly with.

If I cannot get someone at a particular point in time, the F-15E sits in the hangar. Not good.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

So they should model full fidelity C or A variant instead. It's a legend so impresive sales would be guaranteed. Just my opinion.

So they should model full fidelity C or A variant instead. It's a legend so impresive sales would be guaranteed. Just my opinion.

Yes. That there is already a FC3 version of the F15 is no argument, it will sell again when released in full fidelity. Even more people than those owning the "arcade" FC3 version. I have FC3 but will buy this over F14, F16 or F18.

If I were of RAZBAM I would really, really reconsider their choice on making a E instead of a C or A version, especially with sales in mind. I mean with the FC3 version there are atleast the basics of the additional development covered, they are into development anyway right now but for the wrong final product. RAZBAM you hear us?

Edited by Der Hirte

Yes. That there is already a FC3 version of the F15 is no argument, it will sell again when released in full fidelity. Even more people than those owning the "arcade" FC3 version. I have FC3 but will buy this over F14, F16 or F18.

If I were of RAZBAM I would really, really reconsider their choice on making a E instead of a C or A version, especially with sales in mind. I mean with the FC3 version there are atleast the basics of the additional development covered, they are into development anyway right now but for the wrong final product. RAZBAM you hear us?

To "re-considerate" a module, need renegotiate the ED license and send to trash all work to restart a project. Building a Fighter vs a Fighter Bomber.

I mean the possiblity to be in a jet with a friend (which in my eyes would be the biggest selling point of the Strike Eagle, as of now it sounds like you are even being forced to do this) is not needed anymore since the Tomcat is released. Why would someone take the Strike Eagle over the Tomcat when the latter is already released for a year and people have experience with it? Only those people buy this who for the sake of it can then say "oh I have the E version of the F15, look at me". This is a niche market within a niche market.

I'm not saying the Strike Eagle will not be sold but I'm saying it will be a lot, lot less then a single seat version full fidelity module, be sure especially when it forces people into multicrew. Not my money and time being put into this though. Better than no "real" F15 module I guess.

To "re-considerate" a module, need renegotiate the ED license and send to trash all work to restart a project. Building a Fighter vs a Fighter Bomber.

In my eyes it's in interest of RAZBAM themselves (sales), ED themselves (again sales) plus the community. If something like the license is getting in the way of a "reconsideration" that would be a tragedy/sad. As long as all parties of the contract agree nothing must be set in stone. I also do not know how far they are with the development and how much the A/C version does differ from a Strike Eagle when you look at the effort to develop.

Edited by Der Hirte

That is true, for sure but why they even considered building 2 seater without any AI in mind?

According to different sources MP is about 10% of DCS, multiplayer with friend - even less. So why they wanted to build MP only niche plane? How they did sales calculations. It's not my problem after all, but this is really strange idea. They reduced the pool of potential customers by huge margin.

I'm mostly MP guy so i will consider buying Strike Eagle, but it will be usefull only in MP, and only if some have friends, and only if some of his friends will buy this module also, and only if this friend will have a time to play at the same time using this module..

:)

And strike variant, two seater is going to be very complicated to code, far more complicated than C or A.

I may buy it to support them because i like Harrier and Mirage but my single copy is nothing in compare with thousands of potential copies they lost even before the module is released due to MP nature.

Maybe they have some ace in the sleeve? Idk.

Edited by bies

I wonder is the Syria map will allow +44°C in May (and 10m thick covers of snow in the mountains at ~1600m in the same month rdlaugh.png). The PG is limited to 31.something°C in August (I guess they wish it was that cold in the nights)... just saying rainbowdashwink.png

But all of that probably will rather be part of the new weather mechanism that's up to come twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Today is a beautiful day to bring us the new populated carrier module. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Today is a beautiful day to bring us the new populated carrier module. :D
Highly doubtful. I would expect a video from glowing amraam show casing the carrier module features before seeing a release.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

No carrier.... next week another chance. :D Ka-50 paid upgrade? Is a new module ka-50 not better when all things are redone? Ka-50 and Ka-50 special edition :D Don’t know where this roadmap is going? :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: