2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

And nothing about CA and Mosquito.... wait to see some of them on the New year newsletters.

You mean the clouds and maps??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hopefully next week we'll get another update on Syria, The P47, clouds, Falklands, F4 etc. Can't say I'm expecting any of them pre-Xmas, but you never know.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

And nothing about CA and Mosquito.... wait to see some of them on the New year newsletters.

Well... I don't know if it is a good or bad thing if its mentioned in the New year newsletter. Might be another couple of years until release. ;)

From three years ago:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter29012016.html

"We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships. These will be optional modules that would replace the existing ships currently in DCS World."

Me like most players are eagerly awaiting some updates on the Kuznetsov. I heard something about the new Nimiz Carrer almost being finished, so maybe after that one?

Will we get some new features for Hornet soon?
Gathering from repeated official information post from ED, the Hornet would receive dedicated work in the month of December. Whether this features would come in same December is subject to debate but ED has made it clear that TWS radar mode and other features would come to the Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• ED Team
Hey guys, I’m afraid to even ask this question, but here it comes. Is there any place I can go to subscribe to the Newsletter, or just to read it? I have looked all over this place, but I haven’t found it!

Thanks in advance,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

All news letters are here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478&page=23

you can also go to your profile here and subscribe bottom left

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/order/

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On your DCS account profile page, bottom left under ED miles/personal info.

Oops, missed the second half. If you just want to read it they're all posted here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

If you are on discord you can somehow sign up for ED updates, not sure I did it but the moment they are out I have em. Its probably the best thing I've ever used discord for.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's Monday and magically, a newsletter posted at 1002ZTOD on Friday appeared. I wasn't able to see this the whole weekend even with hitting Ctrl+MiG28... just weird derpyconfused.png

Thought it'd contain something JF-17 related... but no rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

No, only think we have near of end of year.

Give us more details, please

:D

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

even with hitting Ctrl+MiG28

:megalol::lol::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

There is so much going on actually, I think everyone should be pleased, the fact that things are happening even if you don't hear about it is making me calm, and thing will be great for the next 5 years however I think that later on it'll really be key milestone and that is the fact that there's other tech that graphically may outpace DCS yet again by a lot, the competitiveness will get bigger, as the big engine houses of the software world will become bigger and bigger and more complicated, UE4 still isn't that keen for huge open-world sets but still the biggest thing would be whether DCS retains it's own in-house engine, and I'm all for it, but it would probably need that another develpment office opened, perhaps even in UK or US, or hiring some contractors to give the whole program a refresh, perhaps new eyes to go through it and see what, I still think sometimes some keys don't register on first hit, that could be some thing with the input stuff perhaps bottlenecked in a way, perhaps putting input on it's own thread may help, USB/controller stuff that could be improved internally so that controls are as low latency and as stable as possible.

The core upgrades are indeed happening in many way, but there's some other parts of the whole package I still feel they need an overall touchup, the alt-tab or minimize to taskbar still isn't working right completely, it switches to conditionally-always-on-top maximized windowed mode. Conditionally because it's a bit weird, you can put in-focus windows on top of it, but as you click some other taskbar area or neutral areas including deselect, DCS will spring in front so it's quite sticky.

I could go on a bit but it would be more suitable for a wishlist thread.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm wondering about the new TM stick. Isn't the A-10C's basically the same as the F-16C's?

I thought the same at first glance. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I’m not familiar with the Cougar Hotas, but I think this is targeted for those who still have them? They don’t want the TM Warthog, but just want the newer base? I’m just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

They're the same to me. They should've made a better Cougar throttle instead.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team
I'm wondering about the new TM stick. Isn't the A-10C's basically the same as the F-16C's?

Yes, the new part is you can buy it without the base now, if you already own a Warthog stick, then it's not for you probably. They aligned this announcement with the DCS Viper in order to highlight its release, not an attempt to money grab or trick anyone.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png