2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

I'm wondering about the new TM stick. Isn't the A-10C's basically the same as the F-16C's?

Yes. Identical I believe, aside from movement.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes, the new part is you can buy it without the base now, if you already own a Warthog stick, then it's not for you probably. They aligned this announcement with the DCS Viper in order to highlight its release, not an attempt to money grab or trick anyone.

For those flying the F-16, who in the world would buy each separately? The current Warthog stick/base is cheaper than if you bought the new stick and base individually. The announcement seems to capitalize on the DCS Viper release, not highlight it.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Yeah, the more I read into it - the less sense it makes.. So is the “F16” stick just going to come in a new box? It’s not going to have an option for limiting the throw of the stick movement? Because other than that possibility, it’s the same stick as the A10.... I get the marketing side, but other than that - really doesn’t seem to make any monetary sense on the consumer side - at least to me. But best of luck for sales from the advert.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Probably going to stop selling the warthog set soon....what is it around $400ish for the set. Instead they’ll move to sell everything individually...$230 grip, probably $100 base, probably $250 throttles. They’d significantly up the price while marketing “customization”. Kinda shady for a product that hasn’t really changed in years but hey smart on the bean counters.

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

Now you spoiled all the fun, SD! Hopefully we'll still see something new in the newsletter.

Yeah hopefully there will be more of a substantial newsletter when issued.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

ED/DCS/TFC you guys just keep hitting home runs, and making me happy.

Not even a rotor head, but the OH-58 will be an awesome addition.

New Damage Model, that once implemented for WWII birds, the potential into other areas like fast movers and ME/CA are limitless.

As a Kickstarter participant, so amazing that you are closing in on release of the P-47!!

ME-262 eventually also. Exciting times!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I guess the new damage model could be even more appreciated if you guys showed it in a video. Those pics look interesting already but I think you got to "feel" it. Ripping off a wingtip bc you aimed at it or hitting a certain engine of a bomber. Hope progress allows such a clip soon. Looking forward to this game changer system.

wing flex and flutter is a response to the flight model.

G Loading, Weight Unloading, etc etc

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Sorry to be off the actual topic but I have to leave a big WOW for the new wing flex video somewhere :thumbup:

I it looks super cool, I wonder if it actually has any impact on the aerodynamics like it would IRL?

ETA. Hah, already answered.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does anyone knows which aircraft does he mean here ?

" Is there hope for an F-4 Phantom? If so, would it be off the mark wishing that the developer is Heatblur using the multi-crew experience and technology created building the Tomcat?

The Phantom is such a legendary aircraft that we will certainly simulate it. For now, we already have another aircraft (an eagerly awaited one) to work on after the Viper "

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5