2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Great newsletter, thank you ED and partners for supporting such a wonderful game.

Some of the community on here could start an argument in an empty room and are eternally ungrateful, how dare you give us a free map!

I for one appreciate the continued free upgrades and like the idea of discounting existing owners to upgrade to new versions, as mentioned above , I too bought A-10C and Blackshark at release and am still flying them approx 10 years later without spending a further dime/dollar on them, no other software product I own has that longevity, I think the boy (via my wallet) has purchased every Fifa product every year.

Apparently the latest NBA-19 game was such a poor rehash and re-release of NBA-18 some of its less used menus were still branded as NBA-18 yet they charge AAA prices each year!

I know its a little off topic but to me it shows what a great company ED are.

The level of detail on the Guam map is a sight, hope the massive dip is sloped into the runway and field. Seemed the place had chronic water puddles on the ramps from the daily showers even in the sunshine. The trees and foliage, someone really did their homework!

If the new WWII map looks even close, going to start filling the hanger with more props.

So how many hours does it take a Tomcat to hit bottom in the trench when rolling overboard?

Lets also mention:It will initially be a 400 x 400 km map with the option to expand further in the future.

Yes, please add more and more water. I hope to have DCS waterworld instead of DCS world :megalol:

Thanks for news about the future !!

Yes, please add more and more water. I hope to have DCS waterworld instead of DCS world :megalol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

world of warships simulator

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Is there an aiports in new free map? How many? And when it will be ready for download?

Quite a few. They're all mentioned in the yesterday's newsletter. As for release, no ETA given yet.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A bit disappointed that there is no word about Razbam’s MiG-23 module in the Newsletter. At least in RB’s forum section they confirmed work is progressing with the proper license in place. I’m somehow under the impression that it’s even ahead of the Strike Eagle but who knows...

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Thanks for the new map! looks awsome. Its perfect, something new.

I hope not to bother anyone with this but I must say,

Linux, we already understood that you are not interested, but it is not necessary that you continue to express it in a thousand different ways. It becomes annoying, your sacchar and its repeated expressions of disagreement. We can all express our opinion, but respecting this space, the opinion of others and especially the work of developers.

world of warships simulator

So how about the World of Lenux? I.e. ignore the Marianas map, continue to use the others. Because it won't cost you a penny either way.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

Well, let's remember that this is the detailed area, and that the map should be at least the size of other ED maps when it's all said and done, the difference is that outside the detailed area will just be water.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hold my beer...

ajmug.png

Really looking forward to see the feature list of the A-10C upgrade fsgrin.png

A-10C was released in 2011, and it's still getting updates. That's 9+ years of continual support. And the base game is free with frequent updates.

Do you have any other software you have bought in your entire life that you've payed once and got 10+ years of official support? Name one. Just one.

(hint: there are few tongue.gif )

There's a well known isometric action RPG released in 2000 by a ice cold and stormy company that shall not be named thanks to 1.15, still getting updates from time to time. And for a good reason, it's successor isn't worthy and probably the 4th installment that has been announced won't be either.

At the same time, Microsoft has yet to be able to fix Altzheimer's in their core product's main program, namedly (Windows) Explorer. The issue is approximately as old as the aforementioned game... and their latest instance is in Early Access for half a decade now, no end in sight rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Im eager to read something about a few features that ed is working on such as:

-Improved air to air refueling physics

-New weather system (new clouds, layers, winds, gusts, humidity parameter, fog, etc)

-Improved artificial lighting (runway lights, cities lights, planes lights, airports and ramps lights, etc)

-Siria map

-General core improvements (world graphics like water, reflections, terrain, effects, etc.)

-Improved ATC.

-Dynamic campaign

-Vulkan implementation

-New explosions and planes' vapour current state of wip developement

Cant wait for the next week newsletter!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

ajmug.png

Really looking forward to see the feature list of the A-10C upgrade

I'd much rather have a paid "downgrade" to the A-10A :music_whistling:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

-New weather system (new clouds, layers, winds, gusts, humidity parameter, fog, etc)

-Improved artificial lighting (runway lights, cities lights, planes lights, airports and ramps lights, etc)

-Siria map

-General core improvements (world graphics like water, reflections, terrain, effects, etc.)

-Improved ATC.

-Dynamic campaign

-Vulkan implementation

I can't wait to get these changes

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hope the new update as it will be about non module features will have info about the planned Mission Editor updates, they made a feature request trath, is now time to see what they plan to add and when.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

-Siria map

-Improved ATC.

-Dynamic campaign

-Vulkan implementation

Do we get news about all those, Friday ???

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Do we get news about all those, Friday ???

Has plausible...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

In next week’s newsletter, we’ll talk about the non-aircraft projects and core DCS World improvements that we’ll be working on in 2020.

The 2019 Non-aircraft Newsletter.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

On them, ED talked about Ships (now SuperCarrier), Radio Comunications, New maps, Dynamic Campaign, Dedicate Server and DCS Fundations.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team
OB update tomorrow?

No, today is Christmas day 7th of January in the Orthodox calendar.

We will let you all know once we are ready to update, the team will return to work soon.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Happy Christmas to folks in Russia, especially the Eagle Dynamics team in Russia.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I want to have a DCS: A-10A as much... same goes for literally every other FC3 plane.
That would be cool but I'd be happy with just some slight improvements to the FC3 aircraft. For example, any cockpit elements that have functions should be animated. For example, I was flying the A-10A the other day and noticed that even when I engage the autopilot, the physical autopilot switch stays in the off position. Just kills immersion a little bit.

Well, let's remember that this is the detailed area, and that the map should be at least the size of other ED maps when it's all said and done, the difference is that outside the detailed area will just be water.

Yes, a DETAILED AREA. This is what you need for FPS, vehicle, and helicopter / ground attack aircraft. You have a perfect FPS map here. What many FPS players having been dreaming of for the last few decades. A REALISTIC FPS with REALISTIC vehicles, weapons, and aircraft on a LARGE map. Hope you make it reality one day.