2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Yes, a DETAILED AREA. This is what you need for FPS, vehicle, and helicopter / ground attack aircraft. You have a perfect FPS map here. What many FPS players having been dreaming of for the last few decades. A REALISTIC FPS with REALISTIC vehicles, weapons, and aircraft on a LARGE map. Hope you make it reality one day.

FPS dont enter (yet) into the DCS World environment. about "realistic" vehicles you required implement cockpits and system as same level of a "hardcore" airplanes / aircraft and yet has not planned realistic playable vehicles (that can require one or more dedicated teams and take years), actually we have Combined Arms. About "large" map, waiting to Vulcan, map technology advances and TDK improvements.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Well, Marianas, to us FPS players, IS a large map. What we've been striving for. It's a good step forward for DCS. With thinking like this, I'm sure greater ground detail and simulation level vehicles will come soon enough.

In the end, you can have huge "world" maps geared towards fighter jets, high altitude air combat, and smaller, more detailed, "fps" maps for everything else.

Personally, I don't find combined arms worth buying. WAYYYY too simple.

Edited by 3WA

OB update tomorrow?

From previous history the next update would be mid to late January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The update mentioned that the Mi24 would be the "next helicopter" to come to DCS. Does this mean it will be released before the Kiowa? That would be surprising - the Kiowa is already being demo'd on livestreams and we haven't seen an exterior model for the Hind...

Probably meant to say from ED? :dunno:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The update mentioned that the Mi24 would be the "next helicopter" to come to DCS. Does this mean it will be released before the Kiowa? That would be surprising - the Kiowa is already being demo'd on livestreams and we haven't seen an exterior model for the Hind...

It's the order of the helicopters from the ED and I don't think Third Party is included

Todays newsletter will have new screenshots of the Channel Map and the new Kuznetsov carrier: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168478&postcount=1645

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Todays newsletter will have new screenshots of the Channel Map and the new Kuznetsov carrier: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168478&postcount=1645

DCS : The Channel Map ?

Considering we already have DCS : the Normandy Map (1944), this is an interesting choice of words to say the least...

And this sound very promising !

I can't wait to read the news letter. :)

That Channel map looks fantastic. So much love and dedication visible, so detailed :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The DCS Mosquito is sure going to look good flying over those white cliffs :-D

If the channel map releases this year then 2020 should be a great year for WW2 fans.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The DCS Mosquito is sure going to look good flying over those white cliffs :-D

If the channel map releases this year then 2020 should be a great year for WW2 fans.

Was said in last newsletter that the P-47 would release along with a WWII map, and some time ago that the P-47 would release Q1 2020. So I guess we can assume that The Channel Map releases then too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Was said in last newsletter that the P-47 would release along with a WWII map, and some time ago that the P-47 would release Q1 2020. So I guess we can assume that The Channel Map releases then too.

So I guess DCS : The Channel Map is not an extended version of DCS : The Normandie Map ?

Too bad but I suppose the reasoning behind this is because each map is meant to cover a different period of WWII...

And the new damage model on top of that!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Ramsgate looking good

I already see that Manston base will be suitable for my Hornet. Sweet! When? :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Detling?

With Detling included, London is just a few minutes away...

Could this be true?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If this is separate from Normandy, as against an extension to (which I’d be happy to pay for), then it’s a bit of an odd way to do things.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If this is separate from Normandy, as against an extension to (which I’d be happy to pay for), then it’s a bit of an odd way to do things.

The DCS engine still has some limitations. That is why the map does not merge. This must be resolved when exiting the world map. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Im eager to read something about a few features that ed is working on such as:

-Improved air to air refueling physics

-New weather system (new clouds, layers, winds, gusts, humidity parameter, fog, etc)

-Improved artificial lighting (runway lights, cities lights, planes lights, airports and ramps lights, etc)

-Siria map

-General core improvements (world graphics like water, reflections, terrain, effects, etc.)

-Improved ATC.

-Dynamic campaign

-Vulkan implementation

-New explosions and planes' vapour current state of wip developement

Cant wait for the next week newsletter!

+1 This today. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: