2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

For 25 USD its a good deal. Preorderd!

Yeah it's a great deal and I almost feel guilty! I am trying to promote to a couple of friends that have DCSW loaded and some that are teetering on getting into DCS. This is a must have for the DCS naval aviators!

Thank you ED!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hello,

Generally, Valve/Steam does not allow pre-orders of DLC products (The Viper and Tomcat were exceptions). As such, a pre-order on Steam is not an option for us. Sorry.

We are though trying to work with Steam on a means for a discount to clients that purchased the Hornet on Steam and wish to buy Supercarrier on Steam. No promises though.

Thanks

What about users that have bought the hornet via steam and want to preorder supercarrier on ed shop ? Discount doesn't seem to apply.

They are not seen as hornet owner?

• ED Team
What about users that have bought the hornet via steam and want to preorder supercarrier on ed shop ? Discount doesn't seem to apply.

They are not seen as hornet owner?

Please wait we are looking for solutions for steam users.

Hello,

Generally, Valve/Steam does not allow pre-orders of DLC products (The Viper and Tomcat were exceptions). As such, a pre-order on Steam is not an option for us. Sorry.

We are though trying to work with Steam on a means for a discount to clients that purchased the Hornet on Steam and wish to buy Supercarrier on Steam. No promises though.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Pre-order DCS: Supercarrier and save 30% off the $49.99 retail value. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will receive an additional 20% off, for a total savings of 50%. This is on top of ED Miles you may apply.

Incredibly generous! Not too generous I hope. Thanks heaps ED!! :thumbup:

Big Thanks to ED

...for reconsidering the discount. I was expecting a $60 module with the announced 30% off (~ $42) and now it just was $25, instantly bought. No need to spend miles IMHO, I'll save those up for some campaigns probably. What a great move.

01-tia_claps.gif

Oh and that sale...

ae8ddd8439b284deeead6b73a5f8903c.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

:thumbup:

Pre-Ordered the Supercarrier - thanks so much for the great discount!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've no real interest in naval ops, but at less than 20 quid I splashed and we'll see if I get around to trying it. There are bound to be campaigns that will require it, so it's in my virtual dockyard now.

They should make a RN carrier to give the navops fans a real challenge, instead of these floating airports!

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Great discount indeed.

But I would have gladly paid more in case that helped making it perform to the max of its opportunities in an overseeable amount of time. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

But I would have gladly paid more...

But then people like myself wouldn't have bought it ;)

Placing it at an attractive price to those sitting on the fence or not entirely convinced they want it, but will anyway at that price, is key to making money and, indeed, a success, I think.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks

On Steam it is possible to grant owners of a product a price reduction for another product. It happened to owners of CMANO, who were able to buy CMO for half the price. Maybe you could ask Valve about how they made it happen.

So, then we should expect uboat modules for simulation in dcs?

I'm waiting for this big time! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I honestly kind of worry with the discount. It feel like a stealing. But what do I know with the business ? Just hope ED still make a alot of profit of it.
I get that feeling too.

Spent less than $17 to get the supercarrier, Su-30 flanker and the upgraded Russian carrier after using the pre-order discount, Hornet's discount and the mileage on my account.

Do not really need any other modules now, I feel the urge to support ED somehow.

Edit

I look forward to getting the dcs warthog 2 and the Blackshark 3.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I get that feeling too.

Spent less than $17 to get the supercarrier, Su-30 flanker and the upgraded Russian carrier after using the pre-order discount, Hornet's discount and the mileage on my account.

Do not really need any other modules now, I feel the urge to support ED somehow.

Edit

I look forward to getting the dcs warthog 2 and the Blackshark 3.

I also found that 50% off at that price is a really good deal. But I'm not sure that the rate

(Price of module) ./. (Cost of manpower)

is so much lower at the super carrier than complex modules like Hornet, Viper or Tomcat.

As said it certainly feels great. So I am grateful.

I am ready for the weekend news! :D :rotflmao:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: