2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Some of you guys aren't getting it and I fail to understand why.

If you want a stable DCS with releases that are complete and tested, you stay with the stable DCS version. You get exactly what you want. You say you re willing to wait for the complete version. That's what stable DCS is.

If you agree to, and volunteer to use the BETA version, you knew exactly what you signed on for. You are getting an incomplete version that has not been completely tested. It's what you agreed to. It all makes perfect sense to me.

I have BETA and I fly it to see what ED is doing with it's updates. It's not always pretty but it tells me what direction DCS is headed in and gives me an idea of upcoming improvements.

I have stable for when I want to just chill and enjoy.

It seems that some of you are just happy when you aren't happy.

Absolutely agree 100 %

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Well yes, because said features are tested on OB? How else are they supposed to be completed and tested?

Eh? I think you’re misunderstanding the point, and that was what Zimmerdylan said regarding the definition of the Stable version was simply wrong!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The fact that new EA modules come first to Open Beta and most MP servers are running on it will always push people to use the OB, even if they don't want the "beta" part of it. Since ED doesn't want to change these things around they choose to give more quality to the "beta" part.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The issue with the OB is that people want the latest thing (module, system etc), they don't want to wait for the Stable, tested release (it still has bugs, but they're not game-breaking) and then they complain that a Beta release can be very buggy at times. It's beyond me.

I run OB and I do get frustrated at times, it's only normal, but I try and report bugs when I can and I know that if I'm that broken up about some things, I can always switch to Stable, very easily. It seems that a lot of people forget that. And if a feature or module is not on Stable, it means it's not ready to be on Stable, because it's buggy. But people want to play with the buggy feature, but then complain that it's buggy.

The servers are running the OB because they want to have the latest stuff in order to attract people. ED could always force the OB to run only in SP, but then you don't get any testing done for MP, which can have its own, specific issues, not present in SP.

ED can't win no matter what they do, because the community is impatient and most servers contribute to that. People expect updates every week instead of every month or two and aren't willing to wait for OB testing to be done. It's up to the players and server admins to realize that if they want a more stable experience, they need to be patient for it. I do not believe it's ED's job to intervene here.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

ED should close OB for testers that are paid. Noone else. Testers should threat their job serious. Dont use players as a testers because it doesnt work ED!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

The issue with the OB is that people want the latest thing (module, system etc), they don't want to wait for the Stable, tested release (it still has bugs, but they're not game-breaking) and then they complain that a Beta release can be very buggy at times. It's beyond me.

I run OB and I do get frustrated at times, it's only normal, but I try and report bugs when I can and I know that if I'm that broken up about some things, I can always switch to Stable, very easily. It seems that a lot of people forget that. And if a feature or module is not on Stable, it means it's not ready to be on Stable, because it's buggy. But people want to play with the buggy feature, but then complain that it's buggy.

The servers are running the OB because they want to have the latest stuff in order to attract people. ED could always force the OB to run only in SP, but then you don't get any testing done for MP, which can have its own, specific issues, not present in SP.

ED can't win no matter what they do, because the community is impatient and most servers contribute to that. People expect updates every week instead of every month or two and aren't willing to wait for OB testing to be done. It's up to the players and server admins to realize that if they want a more stable experience, they need to be patient for it. I do not believe it's ED's job to intervene here.

Well said! :thumbup:

ED should close OB for testers that are paid. Noone else. Testers should threat their job serious. Dont use players as a testers because it doesnt work ED!

Oh no, it works very well, that's why they keep it that way and make official statements about it, thanking users for their reports and support. It's just some users are only happy testers when they don't find much bugs...

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On what planet do you think ED makes enough money for this strategy to be viable???

And it would work if the community used for OpenBeta for purpose for which it was designed, a point that has been repeatedly made throughout this thread by myself and others, and one that is consistently ignored by those with an overblown sense of entitlement.

Being a closed beta tester is not for everyone, you do need to be capable of testing and conversing with the team when reporting issues in a calm, polite and professional way, implying they are yes men is insulting, and could not be further from the truth.

I started as a volunteer tester and enjoy it for many years, the team we have now do some great work and we are grateful for it.

Thanks

Most people do not understand what being a beta tester is. They think it allows them to get all the new stuff and play with it (have fun), when the reality is its the most boring aspect of software development. If people understood that they would not be lining up at the door to be a tester :thumbup:

Bugs will still be released even with beta testing. Some are known and some simply didn't get picked up. Beta testing is not about having fun if you're doing it as it should be done.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Oh no, it works very well, that's why they keep it that way and make official statements about it, thanking users for their reports and support. It's just some users are only happy testers when they don't find much bugs...
Ofcourse they are polite and thanks. Becouse they have free manpower as tetesters. What can they say then... but as I said it desnt work. So many free testers and look how bad was last patch for OB. It shouldnt happen. In our community there is trend to use OB for daily MP events because OB has more features than stable version what is sometimes really needed. Game is broken in so many aspects that every patch is like heaven... but not the one like we heve last time.

My oppinion is ED should revised rheir strategy for testing and for evelving their software. It is really bad if patch that has to repair something breaking many things...ED is serious company not students writing code in their homes...

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Some of you guys aren't getting it and I fail to understand why.

If you want a stable DCS with releases that are complete and tested, you stay with the stable DCS version. You get exactly what you want. You say you re willing to wait for the complete version. That's what stable DCS is.

If you agree to, and volunteer to use the BETA version, you knew exactly what you signed on for. You are getting an incomplete version that has not been completely tested. It's what you agreed to. It all makes perfect sense to me.

I have BETA and I fly it to see what ED is doing with it's updates. It's not always pretty but it tells me what direction DCS is headed in and gives me an idea of upcoming improvements.

I have stable for when I want to just chill and enjoy.

It seems that some of you are just happy when you aren't happy.

Are you and the Zimmerdylan on this topic actually the same person?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Here the last newsletter https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4229700&postcount=241

Sad to read any word about hornet, viper or supercarrier.....COO Don’t said that ed will be more transparent about dev ?

Not every weekly newsletter talks about the same stuff - and, we get them every week with tidbits of what ED wants to share with us. Why not wait until ED has something more to share next time? It's really that simple:waiting isn't hard, doesn't cost money, doesn't make anyone's life any worse.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Not every weekly newsletter talks about the same stuff - and, we get them every week with tidbits of what ED wants to share with us. Why not wait until ED has something more to share next time? It's really that simple:waiting isn't hard, doesn't cost money, doesn't make anyone's life any worse.

in this case it would be more honest to say that the team is working on another new project rather than finishing those that are already sold.

in this case it would be more honest to say that the team is working on another new project rather than finishing those that are already sold.

Improve 3D scaning has a new project? has ED talking someone about start to make a infantry simulator or something? :music_whistling: or only has making a steep forward started with the motion capture with carrier crew. Remember Minsk Studio team was a motion capture / 3D rendered station on your studio on 2018.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I got newsletter in my inbox in part says "...This weekend only we are offering the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World to fly for free, both on our e-shop and on Steam.". Not seeing anything in E-shop. Am I missing something?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

I got newsletter in my inbox in part says "...This weekend only we are offering the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World to fly for free, both on our e-shop and on Steam.". Not seeing anything in E-shop. Am I missing something?

It usually shows up in the module manager as something you can download. Not entirely sure how Steam handles it — maybe it just allows you to check it as an optional download?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team

Hi

they will be free to try for the weekend and you will be able to install using your module manager if you are standalone version.

With steam they will become active for use for the weekend

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Improve 3D scaning has a new project? has ED talking someone about start to make a infantry simulator or something? :music_whistling: or only has making a steep forward started with the motion capture with carrier crew. Remember Minsk Studio team was a motion capture / 3D rendered station on your studio on 2018.

Hi silver_dragon,

First, congratulations on your promotion dcs ground crew team

Remember this newsletter https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4200775&postcount=237

« Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World. This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone »

Perhaps hornet/viper team work on this new EA project ?

Edited by hanab

• ED Team
Hi silver_dragon,

Remember this newsletter https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4200775&postcount=237

« Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World. This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone »

Been over this many times with you hanab the viper and hornet are being worked on and when we have news we will share it.

please do not derail this thread.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi silver_dragon,

As they've also said they plan on finishing the hornet and viper this year. And the reason given that it wasnt yet announced what that mystery plane would be is that they want to do just that first. So no, they havent moved onto a different project

They could simply be showing off a new toy they got.

Is there a newsletter this week? I hadn't noticed anything

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• ED Team
As they've also said they plan on finishing the hornet and viper this year. And the reason given that it wasnt yet announced what that mystery plane would be is that they want to do just that first. So no, they havent moved onto a different project

Correct that is the plan, feature complete this year.

Please keep this thread for the news letter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4229700&postcount=241

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY