2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

It was much better when news were posted with the right dates.

The way that is now in use thread does not update email subscription and thread is not in bold meaning there is something new.

Old way of publishing Friday news was better in that regard.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

They said it's holidays in Russia. So maybe they created the posts last week and they are now visible for us?

But not exactly big news in there :(

That would be the ED thing I think i have heard this week. Share last weeks news as new news this week. it's sad but I can see them doing that

That would be the ED thing I think i have heard this week. Share last weeks news as new news this week. it's sad but I can see them doing that

In here to make sure I wasn't the only one who thought their eyes deceived them.

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

It was much better when news were posted with the right dates.

The way that is now in use thread does not update email subscription and thread is not in bold meaning there is something new.

Old way of publishing Friday news was better in that regard.

Yea back dating like that doesn't seem very smart. Wondering why they did that or if it was a glitch. I mean DCS and glitches are kinda an item at the moment.

I doubt it was meant to deceive. They probably started the post on that date and added information to it as it became available. If it were me, I would have written everything down on a word document and copy/pasted it into the forum on the correct date and added images, made corrections, etc.

But....that's just me.

I have made it a habit to check there throughout the day on Friday since I don't subscribe to the news letter.

I doubt it was meant to deceive. They probably started the post on that date and added information to it as it became available. If it were me, I would have written everything down on a word document and copy/pasted it into the forum on the correct date and added images, made corrections, etc.

But....that's just me.

I have made it a habit to check there throughout the day on Friday since I don't subscribe to the news letter.

I don't think they were trying to deceive. There isn't much of a point. Just wondering was all.

Yea back dating like that doesn't seem very smart. Wondering why they did that or if it was a glitch. I mean DCS and glitches are kinda an item at the moment.

They put the content together in a post that's in a hidden section and move it to the announcement section when it's due. Suggested some possibilities already, like:

- creating a new post in the announcment section, copy over contents from hidden section - although it might be necessary to re-upload the attached pictures to prevent resticted access issues for the viewers; since the newsletters also appear on the website, they could take the images from there as well or upload them to a section on the website in the first place (linking via img tag instead of using attachments). Switching the edit mode in the top left corner of this post form also switches of WYSYWIG, so you get the image codes instead of the images themselves so they don't get lost in the copying process

- edit the post date prior to moving them over. Admins should have access to the various possibilites. There might be an addon for the forum software, our a proficient tool programmer could write it probably in like half an hour or even less, since it basically is nothing more than replacing a data value in the DB.

Anyway... I just pop in there and keep pressing MiG28 from time to time. Relying on the font getting bold or the last post date isn't a good way to see if there's something new for quite a while now.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The biggest problem is communication.

The newsletter from yesterday was written a week ago and did not appear as "Unread", so we had to look deep to see at had been posted.

Also alot of other communication seems weird.

Why do we have to visit Reddit and other sites to read latest news and not see anything is this, which I regard as their main forum and thus should be the first place to tell news, bith official and unofficial news.

With proper communication alot of the frustration could be avoided.

We have now seen 2 missed releases - SC that was announced for end April, now postponed to ?

Then the F/A-18 TPOD update that never came and postponed to ?

For proper communication, nothing should be posted elsewhere if not fiirst having been clearly posted in the forum.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team
The biggest problem is communication.

The newsletter from yesterday was written a week ago and did not appear as "Unread", so we had to look deep to see at had been posted.

Also alot of other communication seems weird.

Why do we have to visit Reddit and other sites to read latest news and not see anything is this, which I regard as their main forum and thus should be the first place to tell news, bith official and unofficial news.

With proper communication alot of the frustration could be avoided.

We have now seen 2 missed releases - SC that was announced for end April, now postponed to ?

Then the F/A-18 TPOD update that never came and postponed to ?

For proper communication, nothing should be posted elsewhere if not fiirst having been clearly posted in the forum.

The biggest problem is finding communications, not communication itself.

We post on the forums, we post on our website, we post on discord, we post on social media, we have a email mailing lists, and for some it is difficult to keep up to date as it seems spread out.

We are looking into a forum upgrade that will allow us to do more focused posts and devblogs, when that is ready it should make it easier to find information, but on the other hand for many of us who are used to these forums it will take some time to adapt. When we are ready we will let you know more.

We have also passed on feedback to the team about prepared posts not showing as a new posts on the day.

with that said please keep this thread for news letter content discussions.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

" New clouds in progress "

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893&page=171

What is that mean? Only the clouds or the whole weather engine ?

Thank you

Id guess it means... well... new clouds in progress probably.

@BIGNEWY: dont see how finding your communications would be hard. Its on the forums, on the website, on social media, on discord, on... one would need to live under a really big rock to miss your news tbh.

Gone for good.

Id guess it means... well... new clouds in progress probably.

@BIGNEWY: dont see how finding your communications would be hard. Its on the forums, on the website, on social media, on discord, on... one would need to live under a really big rock to miss your news tbh.

Really ???

Wow

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

" New clouds in progress "

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893&page=171

What is that mean? Only the clouds or the whole weather engine ?

Thank you

IMO, this is the biggest problem with communication. A developer gets on here and posts something like * New Clouds in progress” but that’s not good enough. They want more. “Hey is that the complete weather programming or just the clouds?” Next after a few hundred posts about peoples problems with the weather as a whole, Inevitably some Dcs “expert will provide a 2000 word missive on the missing real time weather that would be so easy to implement “. 10 pages later someone will say “hey, the developer posted somewhere the whole weather engine is being redone, just can’t find it “.

Ultimately that will morph into disappointment when the patch is released and the fix was actually rendering the same cloud in both eyes or something similar.

Finally comes the expressed disappointment that they didn’t deliver the promised “actual rain and lightning in my bedroom” features as promised. Hey Ed, how bout you just add a simple switch on the setup page so those who don’t really want rain and lightning their bedrooms can just turn it off?? It would be soooo simple and really add to the immersion...

Honestly, how can anyone track the actual communications around here with all the reams of trash people pile on the actual information??

This place really is study of a mix between human psychology and the game of telephone.

My guess is they are working on new clouds.

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Really ???

Wow

WTF did you expect? :doh:

ED shaking a whole new weather system out of their sleeves next week but covertly calling it "new clouds in progress" just waiting for some smartass to come along and ask so they can reveal its actually the surprise jackpot?

Jesus, kids...

Gone for good.

No, I've been waiting for a klug scheißer

lol

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The biggest problem is finding communications, not communication itself.

We post on the forums, we post on our website, we post on discord, we post on social media, we have a email mailing lists, and for some it is difficult to keep up to date as it seems spread out.

We are looking into a forum upgrade that will allow us to do more focused posts and devblogs, when that is ready it should make it easier to find information, but on the other hand for many of us who are used to these forums it will take some time to adapt. When we are ready we will let you know more.

We have also passed on feedback to the team about prepared posts not showing as a new posts on the day.

with that said please keep this thread for news letter content discussions.

thanks

No I respectfully disagree. From where I sit its actual communications, They missed an estimate, whatever it happens, no big deal. Most of the community understands.

What is a big deal is the radio silence after the fact, "Ok so you've missed a release target, now what??" IMO they need too follow that failure up with a revised estimate or the new game plan or whatever you want to call it, and keep the updates on that specific product flowing, until they catch up or it gets resolved. It's basic customer service. Even if the status has not changed yet, keep us informed.

We as the community consistently get left in the dark as to when the plan changes and problems arise that push back development timetables. For example Its been weeks since we found out the SC was gonna be delayed and since then we have had only one "update" on its status, nothing about the new targets for delivery, nothing about the status of those issues that prevented its release since the day we heard about them. Good or Bad.

That silence is what creates pandemonium and toxicity towards ED on these forums and other platforms. We don't know whats going on so we can only guess. I try to give ED and the third parties the benefit of the doubt but that's because I'm used to it and have been here for a minute. New players have no idea what they are getting into and I can understand how furious they get when their expectations are not met. Managing those expectations is ED's responsibility.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or throw shade on ED just sharing the POV I have from where I sit.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

No I respectfully disagree. From where I sit its actual communications, They missed an estimate, whatever it happens, no big deal. Most of the community understands.

I'm not trying to stir the pot or throw shade on ED just sharing the POV I have from where I sit.

I brought this up and I got the typical response, "Sorry you feel that way, we can't please everybody.". They did start last week giving more details about the closed testing going well, but it still falls back to what you are talking about with comms. They did have that little blast in last weeks (or whenever it was created) newsletter about the testing, but it was pretty slim pickings. Although having said that, did at least have some info in it. Wish it would have been more, but my guess is that is as good as it gets for the time being. One day, fingers crossed.