2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

I guess when Syria and Marianas come live the game will be about 200GB?

I'm at 210GB already with all modules, all maps and 16 campaigns in the respective folder. No NS430 though.

I guess the Syria map will hit somewhere around 30-40ish GB... Marianas probably will be less unless all that water will take up space by square length units. Probably in the 10-20GB range.

145GB left on my 1TB SSD and another 58 on my 1TB HDD (all just games, well, except for almost 40GB of VMs). I see the need of getting a bigger drive soon rdlaugh.png

But I guess I will be OK with uninstalling some Steam games if necessary... and in about a year I'll be upping my rig most probably, with a nice m.2 NVME in there of course. Totally missed that option out back then when choosing the 3570k instead of a Haswell. But well, it was ~350€ less because of that, with literally the exact same performance.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yep, "software sells hardware" - that has always been like that in games.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If we could install new maps on a different drive than the one of The DCS world directory, that would make our upgrades easier. Just add a drive (that you may have already somewhere) instead of replace with a bigger one. Or is that possible already?

If we could install new maps on a different drive than the one of The DCS world directory, that would make our upgrades easier. Just add a drive (that you may have already somewhere) instead of replace with a bigger one. Or is that possible already?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278222

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Soo....another sale???

It looks like that you don't buy ED modules in EA anymore to save some bucks, they will be at 50% discount in the sales every couple months...i'm looking at you FA-18, F-16. If it's helping you ED it's ok i guess.

PS: I didn't get the Newsletter via Mail today(yet), just saw the posting:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4393509&postcount=258

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Damn ED very good decision to get the priority to go on bugsfixing. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Damn ED very good decision to get the priority to go on bugsfixing. :D

It's funny they reconsidered after the feedback on two _AFU_ updates that literally weren't tested at all except for the new map and 47 icon_redface.gif

But I hope this prevents us from getting such catastrophes again dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Have you guys stopped doing development updates in your newsletters?

Umm..:

We are working on upgrading the schedule of DCS World Open Beta releases and the

approach we use for release preparation and delivery and look forward to sharing more

information with you soon.

This week we primarily pushed DCS: F-14B by Heatblur Simulations hotfixes in

preparation for the free trial event.

Last week we ran into some difficulties with busy multiplayer servers in DCS World.

We are aware of all these issues and are working to provide a more bug-free and

reliable environment. We have also been working on virtual reality performance issues.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

PS: I didn't get the Newsletter via Mail today(yet)

You have to login to DCS site and subscribe in Personal section. Forum thread subscription won't work.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You have to login to DCS site and subscribe in Personal section. Forum thread subscription won't work.

I know, i'm subscribed to the newsletter since i can remember. I receive it via mail between 16:00-18:00 normally, this time i got it 21:42, thats why i wondered. :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thank you!

(Not that I feel able to do that scary technical stuff ;-)

Yup, me too... I could not update the last 2.5 unified version; I had an error messgae telling me I did not have enough memory on my 480Gb SSD.

I have not been able to buy any new contaent lately because of this problem. I only have DCS and Win10 on this PC... so I guess I will have to purchase another SSD (drive 'D') and then try and move some stuff? Not sure how easy that will be though... as I have the Beta version and the standard version.

Actually the new unified version has me wondering if I still need the Beta version... is it still valid to keep the beta now?

Hopefully ED will start looking at this memory usage as things are getting quite BIG and with even more content (larger files) on the horizon. We need an easier way of shifting maps and DCS versions from drive to drive or sharing drives. I am not into all that DOS/CMD file moving stuff... I know if I tried that my DCS would never work again LOL

From today's newsletter:

"After the last two Open Beta (OB) releases, we received motivating feedback from our

community pertaining to issues in need of immediate attention. We have logged and are

actively tracking over 2,500 bugs. In the last week, we have squashed close to 283 bugs

and will continue this pace for the next two weeks.

We have decided to change the release schedule of DCS World Open Beta in order to allow

for more detailed Quality Assurance and testing periods, but most importantly for our team

to fix bugs and enhance performance."

Love to hear it! Thanks for the focus on Bug-Killing. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

These radars can be used to detect aircraft in both

online and offline missions as we continue to improve realism on the battlefield. We will

be sharing a release date at a later stage

I am also hoping for release date sharing with regards to modern units you have showed in previous newsletters.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yup, me too... I could not update the last 2.5 unified version; I had an error messgae telling me I did not have enough memory on my 480Gb SSD.

I have not been able to buy any new contaent lately because of this problem. I only have DCS and Win10 on this PC... so I guess I will have to purchase another SSD (drive 'D') and then try and move some stuff? Not sure how easy that will be though... as I have the Beta version and the standard version.

Actually the new unified version has me wondering if I still need the Beta version... is it still valid to keep the beta now?

Hopefully ED will start looking at this memory usage as things are getting quite BIG and with even more content (larger files) on the horizon. We need an easier way of shifting maps and DCS versions from drive to drive or sharing drives. I am not into all that DOS/CMD file moving stuff... I know if I tried that my DCS would never work again LOL

Use the ingame module manager if space is an issue. If you're not using a particular map, you don't really need to have it on, for example, and can remove it. Maps make up most of DCS bulk. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Sounds like you have 2 versions installed but you need only one installation and you can still switch from beta to stable via the updater or skatezillas tool.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Love to hear it! Thanks for the focus on Bug-Killing. :thumbup:

I'm on the same page. I'm definitely way more excited about a better DCS than a bigger DCS.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

eh… at least with words, its a step in the right direction.

i just really hope that FACTS will follow to this words…

for what it counts, i loved DCS in the good old times, but in the latest years there was a downgrade spiral that make DCS really NOT enjoyable almost at any level , recently even in gun dogfight with bugged radar.

have so many toys, but having almost noone working as it should and this screwing missions is really frustrating…

plus each patch screwing more things than it fixed...was a nightmare for me...

anyway… lets stay positive… after almost a year that i'm really discouraged… even if are just words… well makes me hope a tiny bit that they will take the good road again…

quality work and not just modules spam, bug fixing and priority to complete products altready in game, and maybe some love to the core of DCS, its terrain, its weather, all the features that makes DCS what it is.

mah… lets hope guys !