2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Why did I have to get the link to the trailer from the [REDACTED, you know, the one with that big red star in it's logo] forums instead of having it inside the newsletter (OK, I could just have opened the Tube after reading the letter)? And still they lack the header image... rdlaugh.png

Anyway, looking great, probably will buy very soon. Gotta do some maths prior, because life sucks.

As been stated on the trailer comments by 9L, the map is planned to be released late summer, which literally is September, so it's not two weeks, but two months still.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I had no intention of getting Syria - expected it to be another tan coloured wasteland like Persia and Nevada. After seeing the vids by Wags - pre-ordered!

Yes, that region is perhaps the most varied of all the maps we have

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Yes, that region is perhaps the most varied of all the maps we have

I have all the maps - never play Persia or Nevada. Caucasus, Channel and Normandy are in permanent rotation depending on what I'm flying (Jets vs WWII vs Civilian).

Edited by reece146

Is the next update after 2 weeks or 4 weeks ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Bought. I had to do it, and now I don't have to think about it anymore dealwithit.png

I have all the maps - never play Persia or Nevada. Caucasus, Channel and Normandy are in permanent rotation depending on what I'm flying (Jets vs WWII vs Civilian).

Reminds me of something... I've never fired up the Normandy even once still.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Bought. I had to do it, and now I don't have to think it anymore

I know the feeling. Not with this map, it was a foregone conclusion that itd be an insta-buy for me ( ive toyed with the idea of retiring to israel, but my wife complains that even tel aviv was too hot for her)

But ive had modules that i bought simply because i didnt want to think anymore whether or not to buy

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

DCS still hasn't fixed the serial number on the 2.75" rockets. I can't believe this bug has existed since 1938 and they still haven't fixed it, so no more money from me unless they're releasing something new. Or pre-ordering. Or early access. Or letting us pay for rumors...

Syria is bought. Pretty close to a perfect blue on purple map.

DCS still hasn't fixed the serial number on the 2.75" rockets. I can't believe this bug has existed since 1938 and they still haven't fixed it, so no more money from me unless they're releasing something new. Or pre-ordering. Or early access. Or letting us pay for rumors...

:lol::megalol::lol::megalol::thumbup: one of the best comments ive seen in awhile

System:

I had no intention of getting Syria - expected it to be another tan coloured wasteland like Persia and Nevada. After seeing the vids by Wags - pre-ordered!

Same. Need something new to fly. My flying is so boring these days that even the computer goes to sleep mode while flying :megalol:

Same. Need something new to fly. My flying is so boring these days that even the computer goes to sleep mode while flying :megalol:

Tea came out my nose....:megalol:

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Anyone noticed any improvements on the "DCS not attaching on 0 core by default" thing?

Has it happened before or are they preparing for multicore?

Maybe I´m dreaming.

You're definitely reading in to it too much.

c0ff fixed a bug which only affected people messing around with core affinity. Details here. Or it was to fix this sound engine issue.

That's all.

Could anyone tell when is the release date for the Syrian map ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Thank you

You're definitely reading in to it too much.

c0ff fixed a bug which only affected people messing around with core affinity. Details here. Or it was to fix this sound engine issue.

That's all.

But some work must be doing on the background I think. (A never ending one): I´ve read (I think it was from heatblur) that they need to spend time downgrading his multiCPU radar code to acommodate the DCS engine.

So: even the third party partners have a more advanced aproach than ED on the engine side of things.

I´m pretty sure they are working hard on that and may surprise us any day.

Any information forthcoming on the latest progress on the Hornet 2020 roadmap?

It’s good to see the F-16 getting a roadmap, but an update on what to expect with Hornet over the next couple of months would be amazing.

With the current schedule, only about 5 OB updates left in 2020.

Our bug fixing exercise continues...

Our bug fixing exercise continues at full strength and we trust that the next OB release will be of interest

I wonder when to expect that one, but frankly each and every OB release is of interest to me.

Good stuff with the A-10C Warthog II will definitely get it once available.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta