2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

We had two new devs join the viper team, they have to get up to speed on the code and learn the vipers systems.

The TGP work is a lot of work on its own, the mavs are in progress but not ready for public.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There's no hate. Some legitimate impatience though. Keep in mind ED told us in April that MAVs are just around the corner. In May they said it wasn't delivered due to one new dev. Now it's August and two new devs. I mean, really?

you should ask yourself, was this before or after everyone started working from home due to CoVid ??.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I see, someone probably said the B-Word rdlaugh.png

you should ask yourself, was this before or after everyone started working from home due to CoVid ??.

When the team said they'd be due end of April, the bog roll apocalypse was rolling for almost 3 months already (though about half of that on measures), and the "full" Russian lockdown began early in April IIRC. I wouldn't put this alone as the reason, as there have been many like new devs getting into the stuff (and yes, that takes a lot of time, but eventually will pay up), the 256 performance apocalypse, the "we'll just fix issues first" decision and probably others as well. And TBH, after 4 months, another one doesn't really matter that much anymore. Take your time, I'm sure we'll be getting other interesting things to play with. And yes, I do want those Mavs on the Viper ASAP as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

Some of you regulars should know by now that we plan and we do our best, but everything is subject to change. 2020 has been a difficult year for many, and teams are working from home still. As soon as the mavs are ready for the viper we will release them, not before.

with that said please keep the discussion here for the news letter

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know this isn't the newsletter, but news though, and some very great indeed:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283382

Thank you guys for making it possible to give us the map tomorrow already. Having the "September 30th" deadline from Growling Sidewinder's Nick Grey interview in mind, this comes very early, surprisingly. A very pleasant surprise.

I'm definatly trying out the other sim today, but I'll sure fly over Israel/Syria/Lebanon/Turkey in DCS tomorrow and be amazed of the quality work that's been put in there.

Just as a side note: Watched the

just a few hours ago and was wondering how detailled it would be in the other sim. Well, bing maps doesn't have 3D photogrammetry for Haifa, and we can do our mil ops only in DCS... salute.png

Keep on rocking! dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thank you guys for making it possible to give us the map tomorrow already. Having the "September 30th" deadline from Growling Sidewinder's Nick Grey interview in mind, this comes very early, surprisingly. A very pleasant surprise.

I'm definatly trying out the other sim today, but I'll sure fly over Israel/Syria/Lebanon/Turkey in DCS tomorrow and be amazed of the quality work that's been put in there.

just a few hours ago and was wondering how detailled it would be in the other sim. Well, bing maps doesn't have 3D photogrammetry for Haifa, and we can do our mil ops only in DCS... salute.png

Haven't they said the Syria map is supposed to be released in September/October?! Now it's comming in August...

Once again ED failed their own estimates! I feel betrayed...

/SCNR :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seriously?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Seriously?

Yes, this is simply unacceptable behaviour. How dare they.

sarcasm

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Haven't they said the Syria map is supposed to be released in September/October?! Now it's comming in August...

Well Nice to see Early acces earlier. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

. . .

Missed that, thanks for pinning here, awesome awesome news, can't wait to cruise around in my Thunderbolt, and Thunderbolt II!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

That other hypothetical bit of software should finish downloading in time for a few quick fly-overs of a couple locations of interest today. Had to pay top dollar to get the right airports, but what the heck.

Tomorrow I'll be over Syria, and I'm really looking forward to it. That will become my map of choice for a while.

Tomorrow I'll be over Syria, and I'm really looking forward to it. That will become my map of choice for a while.

Definitely!! So am I... Except if it struggles too much in VR, given the very high level of details... Fingers crossed for a proper optimization in that way!!!

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

/SCNR biggrin.gif

Well, in the video description of Monday late evening, probably just a few minutes before the news went up:

Coming August/September 2020
But even then rainbowdashwink.png

Definitely!! So am I... Except if it struggles too much in VR, given the very high level of details... Fingers crossed for a proper optimization in that way!!!

I guarantee, no matter how much it struggles, it will run better than the other sim, which is worse than the early 2.5.6 versions at least for me, literally a massive stutter-fest even on low settings - reminded me of trying to fly DCS 2.5 on a 3.5Gig video card... I think I get why they didn't include VR in the first place dealwithit.png

-------- Edit: -------------------------------------------------

Didn't want to kick off an OT discussion about other products here. Sorry for that. Just wanted to emphasize that even with lots of room for improvement, we really should appreciate how well DCS actually runs. Getting the "initial 2.5.6 OpenBeta" experience somewhere else on a released product is kinda... relieving icon_redface.gif

Looking forward to flying in the Levant with something that does more than just a few canots rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

@Eldur: you mean the new sim that almost sounds like Bright Stipulator? I haven't tried, but I heard VR should come towards the end of the year (prolly after it's been optimized more for X-Box).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I can't see the Israeli and Turkey viper liveries even though I have updated the game?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
I can't see the Israeli and Turkey viper liveries even though I have updated the game?

It was added to the changelog in error, removed now. New liveries will come in a future patch.

thank you