2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

100% completed ?

Mi-24P: The external 3D model - 100% completed ???

I am not too happy seeing that ▲ :(

Hopefully we will get animated windshield-wipers (for the cockpit 3D model too - with rain remover effect) and heat-shields (IR signature suppressors) on that 3D model as well :yes:

dcs-world-mi-24p-hind-05-flight-simulator.jpg

5389649.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire
with rain remover effect

sign-pic4.jpg

Can anyone tell me where on the syria map this valley is located in the Syria preorder video at 45 sec mark?

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Can anyone tell me where on the syria map this valley is located in the Syria preorder video at 45 sec mark?

I think it is 34-24-21 N 36-08-57 E.

East of Tripoli, grid BU31

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I think it is 34-24-21 N 36-08-57 E.

East of Tripoli, grid BU31

Thank you for those coordinates. Looks like it's the right area.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Interesting

Is that the new weather system shown in todays news letter? Looks great.

Yeah, that little screenshot looks somewhat interesting, but rest of the newsletter is just not doing its role anymore I think.

What's new then? Nothing I guess.

Development report -- is it me or does it just repeat what's in the changelog from 26/08?

Looking at some of the other weekly letters, ED can do better than that. Lost opportunity.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes, there really wasn't much to this newsletter in terms of news...but some weeks are like that, I suppose, when there just isn't much to report on

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Is that the new weather system shown in todays news letter? Looks great.

looks really good indeed. weird that there is no further information. also why does it say open-beta 2.5.6 above it?

is this already in playtesting? can we expect it this year still, or will this be a never-ending story like the new damage model?

does it run the raymarcher on a seperate thread (otherwise it would surely wreck the performance more than anything)?

looks really good indeed. weird that there is no further information. also why does it say open-beta 2.5.6 above it?

is this already in playtesting? can we expect it this year still, or will this be a never-ending story like the new damage model?

does it run the raymarcher on a seperate thread (otherwise it would surely wreck the performance more than anything)?

My bet is that the picture is only a photoshop... ED is funny with us, sure they are laughting now

Last Upadte changelog: There is information about anabling navigation data:Enabled navigation data loading for all existing terrains.

Added navigation data for Syria.

What is that mean? RSBN, PRMG, Radio Presets? What navigation data? Where could I find data. Is there any documentation?

• ED Team
My bet is that the picture is only a photoshop... ED is funny with us, sure they are laughting now

Taken in game, please don't troll

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Development report -- is it me or does it just repeat what's in the changelog from 26/08?

Looking at some of the other weekly letters, ED can do better than that. Lost opportunity.

Literally no news at all, but yes, the clouds there don't look like that in my DCS, so that must be the news slipped in there. And it does look promising.

That other sim sure has some awesome clouds, but let me just drop a meme on how (not so) well it actually runs... I mean, we have been complaining about DCS' VR performance in the past when we haven't seen it all yet.

holdmyframetime.thumb.jpg.8c1b23e7832164956197623de795cd9e.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Latest news letter had that:

“Improvements to DCS World core have been made and a shader compilation error that occurred when using high resolution displays has been fixed.”

What’s the difference going to be when we fly?

Was it updated or just fixed internally?

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

Y(...) but rest of the newsletter is just not doing its role anymore I think. (...) -- is it me or does it just repeat what's in the changelog from 26/08?

Except that the newsletter goes to people's inbox, which means that people who don't visit the site to see the change-log still get to know what's happening (& believe it or not, some people play the sim, but don't visit the site every day/week).

Cheers.

Except that the newsletter goes to people's inbox, which means that people who don't visit the site to see the change-log still get to know what's happening (& believe it or not, some people play the sim, but don't visit the site every day/week).

Do you think that people who don't bother to look up what has changed when an update was released will care about it more if they find it in their mail inbox?

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2