2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

5 hours ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

and still no release date for 2.7?🤨

[sarcasm on] Ya, that's a big deal, because they always announce exact dates for new updates at least a month ahead of time!  Well sometimes maybe only a couple of weeks ahead of time. [sarcasm off].  Or much more likely 5 days to a week ahead of time when WAGS releases a video on the new functionality.  Why do people expect that ED is suddenly going to start announcing release dates way in advance when they never have before 🤔?

• Like 1

• ED Team

Our next update is planned for the end of March if all goes to plan, if we need more time we will let you all know. 

As soon as we have a confirmed date I will pass it on to you all.

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
8 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

I hope, the focus won't be cloud templates, but a realistic weather panel. Sounds, ED focuses on simplification on that subject, what would be not my favorite choice. We'll see ...

Pre-sets will be first. There is a pretty good selection to choose from.

Better weather and cloud control will come later. 

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

56 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Just to put some minds at ease: can you confirm backward compatibility with existing SP campaigns and missions? Thanks!

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Just to put some minds at ease: can you confirm backward compatibility with existing SP campaigns and missions? Thanks!
This got me a little worried...
But I truly hope there will be some backwards compatibility. Or at least just open in ME, select preset and save.
They must have thought of this I'm sure.
Cheers!

https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php?/topic/265013-P-47-Startup-/-Takeoff/-Landing-lesson#entry4596609

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Corvine said:

It would be suicide for any self-respecting developer not to have backward compatibility of something fundamental like this.

That was the common thinking in regards to the new lighting engine and new trees.

It took two years before old night missions started working like they used to. The trees still cause issues, even with official for-pay modules…

So nah, unless and until they explicitly state that a compatibility mode is in, it is safe to assume that all old weather will break and that missions that use the older systems will no longer work as intended.

• Like 6

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

On 3/13/2021 at 12:28 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Thanks for clarifiying. Much appriciated

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tomorrow, I hope to see a Newsletter with a more specific calendar and more clear announcements like :

• Release of the 2.7 version ?
  • Release of Mariana Islands ?
  • Release of the Mosquito (no news since a very very very long time) ?
  • News regarding the CURRENT STATUS of the OH-58 Kiowa ?
  • News on the Mi-24P development (what was done since begin of 21 and what should be the next step) ?

For sure, it's a lot to ask, but it must be said that some of the topics mentioned above remain a great mystery to most of us...

So, Thxxx in advance ED 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Razorback said:

Tomorrow, I hope to see a Newsletter with a more specific calendar ...

You will be disapointed, as ED has learned to never give estimated release dates .. as the whole user community is always ready to cruxcify them should the date not be met, or worse release anything that is not 100% bug free ...  much better to promise nothing 🙂

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Tomorrow, I hope to see a Newsletter with a more specific calendar and more clear announcements like :

• Release of the 2.7 version ?
  • Release of Mariana Islands ?
  • Release of the Mosquito (no news since a very very very long time) ?
  • News regarding the CURRENT STATUS of the OH-58 Kiowa ?
  • News on the Mi-24P development (what was done since begin of 21 and what should be the next step) ?

For sure, it's a lot to ask, but it must be said that some of the topics mentioned above remain a great mystery to most of us...

So, Thxxx in advance ED 😉

Your list consists already so many projects that some of them should be halted and focus the efforts to already released modules like Viper and Supercarrier. Then the other improvements which are promised. Then those new modules. 

I recall hearing that ED has over 200 employers so all of those can't really be scattered to all around doing things if they can't even finish the earlier works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blinde said:

Your list consists already so many projects that some of them should be halted and focus the efforts to already released modules like Viper and Supercarrier. Then the other improvements which are promised. Then those new modules. 

I recall hearing that ED has over 200 employers so all of those can't really be scattered to all around doing things if they can't even finish the earlier works.

- ED and Wags has talked about the F-16 move faster when the F/A-18C will complete more features, that has building by one of the studies on Moscow (old Belsimtek), as the Mi-24
- Supercarrier has move on features yet and waiting to release.
- WW2 Stuff has building by WW2 team on the main study on moscow
-OH-58D has a 3rd party stuff
- Maps has making by the ED map team on Minsk

On the last weeks, ED has post develop pics about them on the newsletter, and show them on last videos make by GA and Wags.

About "many projecs" check 2021 roadmap:

More has incoming....

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'd honestly like to see some of the Hornet items that are supposedly coming with 2.7. It's a big list and we've seen none of them, thus far.

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

You will be disapointed, as ED has learned to never give estimated release dates .. as the whole user community is always ready to cruxcify them should the date not be met, or worse release anything that is not 100% bug free ...  much better to promise nothing 🙂

I agree with your point, you are right, but we don't ask for a date. ED has announced that some modules should be ready during Q1, others during Q2 and it's fine for me. I think that everybody can live with such information.
But my point is, for exemple, that ED has annouced the release of the Mosquito before the Hind. We don't have any news on the mosquito since weeks.
Same for the OH-58, we don't even have information on the current status of this module.
Everybody know that the 2.7 is coming and is still currently expected in the coming days...as announced by ED.
Is it still the reality or can we expect a delay as it is the case for the AH-64 Apache pre-order ?

Thats' just simple questions on which ED can give simple answers...😉

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Our 2021 roadmap quarter estimates was to give you all an idea of what we are aiming for. If we need more time for a project or release we will of course take it and let you all know.

We will have news about the Mossie and Mi-24 soon, and later a more refined date for both. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Same for the OH-58, we don't even have information on the current status of this module.

Again, wrong address. Go here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/607-dcs-oh-58-kiowa/

or their discord, FB, whatever.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Our 2021 roadmap quarter estimates was to give you all an idea of what we are aiming for. If we need more time for a project or release we will of course take it and let you all know.

We will have news about the Mossie and Mi-24 soon, and later a more refined date for both. 

thank you

Thx a lot for your communication Bignewy, really appreciated.
Such information should be present in the WE Newsletter so everybody could read it 😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Such information should be present in the WE Newsletter so everybody could read it 😉

It's Friday, give it a few hours! 😉

• Like 3

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

20 minutes ago, mhe said:

It's Friday, give it a few hours! 😉

New screenshots have already been posted here.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Great newsletter this week.

Nice to finally see some news on the Mosquito, and I for one like the list of available weapons and implemented systems for early access. I would like to know more about the "historical accurate navigation system for WWII aircraft" though. The implementation of the "Controllable AI navigator and radio operator" looks like an interesting addition too.

Only downside was a lack of information on any release timeline or date for early access. This would have been nice to have, even if it was a rough time scale.

• Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

23 minutes ago, guimcdo said:

Hello ED Team,

Extract from News letter

pre-calculated ray tracing

Could you please give us more information on it ? Do you plan to use DXR ray tracing from DirectX ?

If it's pre-calculated, it's most likely just baked into a shader and not reliant on any hardware or particular API. That would kind of defeat the point.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Nice to see some news about the Hind! 👍

Somehow i didn't received the newsletter for two weeks, i had to resubscribe after years without issues- strange :dunno:

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings