2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

2 ore fa, M1Combat ha scritto:

well...  That's the nice thing about facts...  They aren't there for you to agree to or not...  It's simply what happened :).

You said that "Was ED trying to please the community at EVERY step...  and the community poking them with pitch forks.  At every step."  

So thats not a fact, thats ONLY your opinion. 

• Like 1

Well...  Maybe also read where I said that ED probably also saw a few $$$ and allowed that to influence their decision...

BUT...

Either way if you feel like you'd rather dispute that as fact then by all means feel free to offer other facts that differ from mine :).  I mean I think it will be pretty hard to dispute this...  But feel free :).  That DID happen...  and the very best explanation I can come up with is that ED was trying to please the community.  I mean...  They did what the community asked.  Aside from the aforementioned $$$ that may have helped sway their opinion (that I mentioned before as well) what else would have been their motivation???

Also...  If you were TRULY just pointing out that one little teency sentence as what you disagreed with...  Good work quoting the entire post and then mentioning your disagreement...

It's cool though...  I just misinterpreted your statement as being pointed at my entire account of the situation :)...  All good...  My bad ;).

Oh also...  If ED was trying to please the community...  and the community was poking them with pitchforks...  And both of those things do indeed seem to ME to be true...  

Then my opinion is actually a fact.  I don't know ED's mind/decision making results around their executive team...  but if I'm right...  Then it's a fact :).  On the pitchforks part...  That's a fact.  We all saw it.

It's not a literal account of events mind you :)....  I don't think anyone from ED went home physically bleeding :)...

But it's a fact.

• Like 2

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

@Morrov noticed that BN said today's news is big. 

Having seen the planned stable release, I think it's going to be it. 

You know, just to keep the expectations low.

I never played stable branch ... lol

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Stable branch ? What is it ? 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

2 minutes ago, Flia said:

Stable branch ? What is it ? 😄

That's the OLDER DCS for those who can't handle bigger insects.

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

2 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

@Morrov noticed that BN said today's news is big. 

Having seen the planned stable release, I think it's going to be it. 

You know, just to keep the expectations low.

I never played stable branch ... lol

Yeah, that and the F2P period

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Morrov said:

Yeah, that and the F2P period

That would be huge man!

Edit: oh yeah, it's on the YT now. 

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Su-27S Flanker?!?!

I couldn't find any info aout S model. It looks the same model that we have

Just now, Hoirtel said:

New S3 model????

where did you see it?

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4 minutes ago, ebabil said:

Surely it looks like FC3 one, but they never called it with S before. ED announcing FF Flanker for sure would constitute big news, unlike stable launch right?

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 2

so what is new? are we using pre-production version now?

Su-27
Pre-production series built in small numbers with AL-31 engine.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

1 minute ago, Hoirtel said:

thought that was a new S3 model in the background of the supercarrier pic. Maybe not..

ıt can't be understood from that pic but, it doesn't look promising..

Youtube

7 minutes ago, ebabil said:

so what is new? are we using pre-production version now?

More like ED can be quite sloppy with naming stuff. AFAIK our current Su-27 is supposed to be an Su-27S.

Our Ural-375s are all Ural-4320s just to name one example.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Sorry for my ignorance, but you guys are speculating about this, right?

I too wonder what we can expect..

Title says: "NEW FREE TO PLAY PROGRAM AND STABLE RELEASE"

• "New free to play program" -> A new free to play concept? Really curious about what they are going to change there.
  • "Stable release" -> I suppose this will just be the 'official' 2.7 rollout for stable version

2 more hours and we'll know 🙂 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 minutes ago, sirrah said:

• "New free to play program" -> A new free to play concept? Really curious about what they are going to change there.
  • "Stable release" -> I suppose this will just be the 'official' 2.7 rollout for stable version

Yes we are, and the newsletter screenshots which have been posted.

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sirrah said:

There is no "new free to play concept"  ED just gives you the choice to test various modules like Planes and maps for free for a certain amount of time. They did this in the past when a major patch is at the doorstep.

forum.png

6 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

There is no "new free to play concept"  ED just gives you the choice to test various modules like Planes and maps for free for a certain amount of time. They did this in the past when a major patch is at the doorstep.

I know about the periodically free trials in the recent past, but this has never been announced in a "live" video before, so I kinda expect more spectacular news tbh.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I know about the periodically free trials in the recent past, but this has never been announced in a "live" video before, so I kinda expect more spectacular news tbh.

Free to play events was announced on video on the past

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

Here is the versions

Flanker-family.jpg

The Su-27S we have is the first serial production version, you can find it as just "Su-27" in the root. It was upgraded later to SM, SM2 and SM3 variants.

• Thanks 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.