2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Where is the 50% off for first purchase for a new player? F18 only have the 30% of actual sale for everyone.
There are any trick to get 50% or is a fake new?
I convinced my friend and I don't know what to say to him now

FC3, F/A-18C

17 minutes ago, Spark_23 said:

Where is the 50% off for first purchase for a new player? F18 only have the 30% of actual sale for everyone.
There are any trick to get 50% or is a fake new?
I convinced my friend and I don't know what to say to him now

I think they said that these are a multiplier. So a new player will get 50% off the sale price. Probably applied when it's added to the basket?

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:34 PM, Hoirtel said:

I think they said that these are a multiplier. So a new player will get 50% off the sale price. Probably applied when it's added to the basket?

What mean with multiplier? When he add the F18 in their basket still a normal price (now at 30% off)

Edited by Spark_23

FC3, F/A-18C

On 6/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, nickmow said:

Quote your sources ?  Otherwise your just making stuff up to suit your argument, a fairly common trait here,  I’m sure if ED need marketing advice they will hire you on the basis of .......?? 

Uh, no.  The Steam community 'as a whole' means the entire Steam community bud, not just DCS.  Much bigger than the regulars lurking on the ED forums.  I noticed they DID include news of the Summer Sale on the Steam newsletter this time...so, I guess I was correct.  Also, yes, they have needed marketing advice in the past and it looks as though they either figured that out themselves, or got some finally (oh-oh, non-fanboi-alert!).

19 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Yes, that's how I understand it, so sort of a one-time 50% deal. 

Edited by aleader
  • Like 1

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

• 3 weeks later...

Work on the radio transmitter T1154.B and receiver R1155 devices, as well as radio communications for VoiceChat, is also approaching completion.

Will this mean that Multiplayer VoiceChat Radio simulation/integration will finally arrive with the mossie, or is this something else?

It's weird that such a major and anticipated feature would get mentioned so casually...

18 minutes ago, twistking said:

Will this mean that Multiplayer VoiceChat Radio simulation/integration will finally arrive with the mossie, or is this something else?

It's weird that such a major and anticipated feature would get mentioned so casually...

The Multiplayer VoiceChat was enable on late 2019 and ED has continue develop them to make rooms and enable interaction with radio control on aircrafts. The Mossie can be the "testbed" to integrate them.

The "old" roadmap

DCS Voice Chat Roadmap -

• Q4 2019
    • Bug fixing of the initial release
    • Illumination of the PTT button while transmitting

[*]Iteration 1 - Q1 2020

• User-created rooms
    • Auto-created rooms for multi-crew
    • Auto-created rooms for key frequencies set in the Mission Editor

[*]Iteration 2

• Show the name of the user who is talking at the moment
    • Possibility to tune volume of own mic
    • Possibility to put on/off the voice of any user
    • Possibility to tune the volume of any user
    • Mic self-test
    • Software boost of the audio signal

[*]Iteration 3

• Frequency-based coms
    • Encrypted radio
    • Possibility to work with few radios simultaneously

[*]Iteration 4

• Radio effects on voice transmission
    • Real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain

[*]Iteration 5

• Comm jamming effect with additional zones for EW

•  

Surelly all was delayed by Covit on 2020 and now, moving ahead to get a new "Roadmap".

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, twistking said:

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The Multiplayer VoiceChat was enable on late 2019 and ED has continue develop them to make rooms and enable interaction with radio control on aircrafts. The Mossie can be the "testbed" to integrate them.

Yes, i know that. But you did not answer my question, or did i miss something?

I want to know, if the mossie is indeed the testbed for VoiceChat Radio integration. Since VoiceChat is used between players (in different aircrafts) it would make sense to test the feature with integration in different aircraft.

Maybe the mossie integration will start with intercom (pilot/navigator) only?

@NineLine Hello Nineline, could you maybe throw in some crumbs of information regarding the VoiceChat integration roadmap in regards to the hint in the recent newletter?

I think it's a great feature, which is a bit undervalued by the community..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used to receive the newsletter by mail, but last two weeks I didn't. Did this "service" stop?

(Not that is matters much. I mean I can read the newsletter on this forum. But just wondering)

Oh and no, it's also not in my junk mailbox

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

We are improving the external damage model of DCS: F-16C Viper. The new damage model provides better ballistics tracking and more detailed effects to sloped sheet metal.

New damage model? The actual new damage model that is only being used by the WW2 birds so far? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

16 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

New damage model? The actual new damage model that is only being used by the WW2 birds so far? :huh:

Grammatically "the new damage model" refers to the improved external damage model in the previous sentence, so I doubt it. Plus this implies only external work, while the warbirds have a detailed internal damage model as well.

Edited by Nealius

8 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Grammatically "the new damage model" refers to the improved external damage model in the previous sentence, so I doubt it. Plus this implies only external work, while the warbirds have a detailed internal damage model as well.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but the wording "new damage model" was ambigious so I asked to make sure that it's actually not the new damage model :smile:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Meanwhile "New damage models" was testbed on WW2 initialy, ED has talked about put them on modern aircrafts, Vehicles and ships. Has only a matter of time.

Yeah, and I thought maaaaaaaaaybe they use the F-16 as a starter for the new DM on modern jets, so that they don't have create an old DM for Viper.

Tornado3 small.jpg

As stated in the topic, we were promised some kind of AI improvements in 2021. I'm also referring to Nicks interviews regarding making the AI less incompetent in areas such as BFM, BVR, working better as flight lead and wingman to name a few. 

We are past the middle of the year and so far we haven't even seen a teaser. 

Do you have anything for the community to share other than "we are working on it?" 

Would love to hear some details how the work is going on, what areas you have identified as candidates and what your overall development goals are. 

AI is one of the most glaring issues outside multicore support. 

There is nothing to loose by being transparent. 

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

As stated in the topic, we were promised some kind of AI improvements in 2021. I'm also referring to Nicks interviews regarding making the AI less incompetent in areas such as BFM, BVR, working better as flight lead and wingman to name a few. 

We are past the middle of the year and so far we haven't even seen a teaser. 

Do you have anything for the community to share other than "we are working on it?" 

Would love to hear some details how the work is going on, what areas you have identified as candidates and what your overall development goals are. 

AI is one of the most glaring issues outside multicore support. 

There is nothing to loose by being transparent. 

We told everyone our plans for the year ( we did not promise just to be clear), as we get closer to completing work we share news about it in the newsletter. 

AI work is ongoing and always has been, we have already completed some work on the WWII AI and behaviour during engagements and the work continues.

thanks 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We told everyone our plans for the year ( we did not promise just to be clear), as we get closer to completing work we share news about it in the newsletter. 

AI work is ongoing and always has been, we have already completed some work on the WWII AI and behaviour during engagements and the work continues.

thanks 

So what does that mean for us not flying ww2 aircraft? Will the ai become smarter for non ww2 aircraft too? Bfm with the ai is despite its glaring issues and cheating, not that hard. Sure, I'd like to have the ai obey the laws of physics but it still need to perform better, know tactics and stop doing crazy stuff m

• ED Team
1 hour ago, b0bl00i said:

So what does that mean for us not flying ww2 aircraft? Will the ai become smarter for non ww2 aircraft too? Bfm with the ai is despite its glaring issues and cheating, not that hard. Sure, I'd like to have the ai obey the laws of physics but it still need to perform better, know tactics and stop doing crazy stuff m

We will share milestone news in future newsletters,
If you have short example track replays showing a problem post them in the bugs section we can show it to the AI devs. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8ymi4pzlhpf71.png

Looking good on the Mi-24P sight, definitely looks a lot better :thumbup:

Though it seems that the Tin Shield is still erroneously being used as the search/acquisition RADAR for the SA-5, and still no sign of a suitable RADAR for it, or any other of its battery compoenents.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 minute ago, Nealius said:

What's the FCR to the right? Looks almost like a Fan Song, but I can't tell due to the resolution.

5N62 [NATO: "Square Pair"]

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

"VR implementation of the ATGM sight was a high priority too, and it will now occupy the whole view port with some free movement to reduce motion sickness. Dampening has been added to remove small twitches of VR motion sensors affecting the sight picture. We are currently testing more options for switches, which previously were only toggles as well as fixes for those commands that were not mappable to controllers."

I wish we just could look into the tube... but that probably would require a change in input code as it now switches over to a separate keybind profile when entering that view.

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

10 hours ago, b0bl00i said:

For some reason AI crank now after firing a missile, I might be blind but I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case a few months ago. There seems to have been some improvements just not publicly it seems. ED seems to sneak some changes in from time to time.

Edited by KIllshot0597
  • Like 1