2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

58 minutes ago, joey45 said:

The FLIR preview has been in there for more than a some months it's more like a year...

I'm fairly sure a year has some months in it...

/EDIT

Sorry I just responded that way because I get a bit sick and tired of people just trying to find every little way they can to tell others they're wrong.  Don't take it personally Joey45.  You probably didn't quite mean it that simply.  Maybe it's been there for a year...  I don't know.  What I do know though is that pointing out something like this, that doesn't actually matter, only serves to divide, belittle and separate.  We need less of that in this world IMO.

Edited by M1Combat
  • Like 8

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

5 minutes ago, giullep said:

Hi, and then when the new ob patch??

Unannounced. This thread is always up to date:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

7 minutes ago, giullep said:

Hi, and then when the new ob patch??

At a guess I'd say the 22nd

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

IT'S SO BORING

Show something that's not an American vehicle all I ever see is F-16, F-18, AH-64, etc. 

You should explain to Ed how to get governmental permissions, manufacturer licensing, avionics, mechanical, and test data, for those other aircraft. I'm sure they would buy you a beer.

Edited by Paganus
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, cloose said:

It's not like only America and Russian produce planes...

I'm English, I'd love some RAF/Navy jets, but I wonder how many other people would buy.....

But fundamentally being able to get enough information and permission is going to be the biggest problem with jets from all nations....

Along with viability to make money.

Edited by DD_fruitbat
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DD_fruitbat said:

I'm English, I'd love some RAF/Navy jets, but I wonder how many other people would buy.....

If they do a popular aircraft, I'm willing to bet that plenty of cold war fans would purchase one ... I'd kill to have a Hawker Hunter or a DeHavilland Vampire ... those were widely exported, so that increases their appeal. The EE Lightning is attractive, but it's mostly air-air and with few users it is likely to be less popular than the other two.

More modern, the Panavia Tornado would be an instant best seller too.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

If they do a popular aircraft, I'm willing to bet that plenty of cold war fans would purchase one ... I'd kill to have a Hawker Hunter or a DeHavilland Vampire ... those were widely exported, so that increases their appeal. The EE Lightning is attractive, but it's mostly air-air and with few users it is likely to be less popular than the other two.

Funnily enough, whilst flying the other night, we were talking about the Tornado, wondering what would be the best version to do.

If I could have any aircraft made of my choice, hands down it would be the DeHavilland Hornet, the best looking and in the conversation of top 3 prop planes ever made performance wise. Alas I know will never be in a flight sim, although there is some vague hope that one might fly again in real life....

Sea Hornet Resurrection – de Havilland’s Finest Fighter Set for Rebirth | Warbirds News

22 minutes ago, DD_fruitbat said:

If I could have any aircraft made of my choice, hands down it would be the DeHavilland Hornet, the best looking and in the conversation of top 3 prop planes ever made performance wise.

On my case, I love mission editing so I prefer aircrafts that have a wide war combat background, so for a twin engine, WW2 type, I'd rather have the P-38, ME-110 or the ME-262. For cold war aircraft I prefer types that were widely exported, so that I can have a wider variety of user countries.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

9 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

On my case, I love mission editing so I prefer aircrafts that have a wide war combat background, so for a twin engine, WW2 type, I'd rather have the P-38, ME-110 or the ME-262. For cold war aircraft I prefer types that were widely exported, so that I can have a wider variety of user countries.

Lol, I was being purely hypothetical and ultimate dream plane, not what I think should be considered re props and WWII in reality!

WWII is getting better, but still a mess. If the 109 was a G variant (mid 1944 flavour, take your pic which one, the designations get very overlapping) rather than a K, the plane set would make so much more sense. A P38 J or L would fit well. Also the 262, but experience tells me doesn't go well online lol.

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I would buy a Sea Vampire with Fireflash missile

2 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

I would buy a Sea Vampire with Fireflash missile

The Sea Vampire never used that missile, only AA weapon were its 4 guns, besides the Fireflash was a RAF missile.

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The Sea Vampire never used that missile, only AA weapon were its 4 guns, besides the Fireflash was a RAF missile.

The only armed RN fighters was Sea Vixen with Red Top and Firestreaks, Phantoms FG.1 with AIM-7 and AIM-9, Sea Harrier with AIM-120 and AIM-9, and the actual F-35 with AIM-120 and AIM-9.

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Whoops I meant Firestreak not Fireflash. British missiles designations are confusing. Even something like the Sea Hawk or Scimitar would be so cool. Also still waiting on Deka's upcoming aircraft. People always talk about Russia but they sleep on China. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The only armed RN fighters was Sea Vixen with Red Top and Firestreaks, Phantoms FG.1 with AIM-7 and AIM-9, Sea Harrier with AIM-120 and AIM-9, and the actual F-35 with AIM-120 and AIM-9.

I'm pretty sure the Sea Venom FAW.22 had Firestreak capability. Maybe I'm wrong idk.

Edited by IcedVenom

9 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Whoops I meant Firestreak not Fireflash. British missiles designations are confusing. Even something like the Sea Hawk or Scimitar would be so cool. Also still waiting on Deka's upcoming aircraft. People always talk about Russia but they sleep on China. Can't wait.

I'm pretty sure the Sea Venom FAW.22 had Firestreak capability. Maybe I'm wrong idk.

I dont expected Dekka build a UK aircraft, that required a "approval" and adequate stuff as UK carriers with diferent arresting and launch gear.

Yes, sea Venom carry Firestreak.
https://www.baesystems.com/en/heritage/dh112-venom-sea-venom

12 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I dont expected Dekka build a UK aircraft, that required a "approval" and adequate stuff as UK carriers with diferent arresting and launch gear.

Yes, sea Venom carry Firestreak.
https://www.baesystems.com/en/heritage/dh112-venom-sea-venom

I meant that I want Deka to built a Chinese aircraft. Deka was in relation to people always talking about Russia but people sleep on Chinese aviation.