2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Known issues: 

• MiG-19. Communication menu doesn’t work. Refuel/rearm workaround using Alt ‘

What does it mean? How shall I use ATC or any other communications (like AWACS in the training missions)?

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 100% | OpenXR ToolKit (fixed foveated rendering "Performance")
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

2 minutes ago, St4rgun said:

Known issues: 

• MiG-19. Communication menu doesn’t work. Refuel/rearm workaround using Alt ‘

What does it mean? How shall I use ATC or any other communications (like AWACS in the training missions)?

It means that you won't be able to contact ATC or use EWRs or AEW&C aircraft.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

Someone have notice that at the end of the video "DCS WORLD | 2022 AND BEYOND" ...

There's a fast appearence of some coordinates 34° 56'46" 069°15'54" --> this is the location of Bagram AFB near Kabul-Afghanistan
There's a shot of the gun camera of the F-4E Phantom

So those are the "hidden" big news?? 

AFGHANISTAN and F-4E Phantom

😬😬😬😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack_Veil said:

Someone have notice that at the end of the video "DCS WORLD | 2022 AND BEYOND" ...

There's a fast appearence of some coordinates 34° 56'46" 069°15'54" --> this is the location of Bagram AFB near Kabul-Afghanistan
There's a shot of the gun camera of the F-4E Phantom

So those are the "hidden" big news?? 

AFGHANISTAN and F-4E Phantom

😬😬😬😬

yep watch to the end, here comes Afghanistan!! 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

Asus z690 tuf || i9x129000k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || RTX 3090Ti| | EVGA 1600T2 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm || MFG CrossWind|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10 || PiMax8KX VR || 32 Samsung||

27 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

yep watch to the end, here comes Afghanistan!! 

Hind! Hip, Combined Arms…. Think we’ll get some Mujahideen as well? Soviet occupation could be a fun interesting Dynamic Campaign. 

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

Could the gunsight be from an A-6 Intruder? Same generation as the F-4. They are showing the model a lot for an AI only plane.  

Thought Paris and London being modeled is interesting. Hope they expand Channel to do Market Garden.

Edited by Grimleo

• NineLine locked and unpinned this topic