DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update today made my DCS graphically heavier. I've lost FPS.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

They know what a big deal that fix is, I'm sure they are busting their butts trying to get it out A.S.A.P. so let's not punish them for their effort.

This isn't directed specifically at you Imacken, you are just the most recent to comment so please don't be offended!

It's OK, I'm not offended! I'm also not punishing anybody. I'm sure that ED are doing everything they can to get this VR improvement to us, and thanks to them for that.

Just expressing my personal disappointment that it wasn't released today. Nothing wrong with that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Agreed on the testing. Take your time Devs. You guys are doing an amazing job and it's greatly appreciated. I'm a heavy VR user and yes I'm excited. However, I agree with many in saying I'd rather it be right than rushed.

Just know there are many of us who DO understand what your job takes and the toll it can take on you. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I'd buy you all a cold one if I could!!

PS NineLine: I'm thinking a dev beer fund should be created for the team that we can all donate to. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Agreed on the testing. Take your time Devs. You guys are doing an amazing job and it's greatly appreciated. I'm a heavy VR user and yes I'm excited. However, I agree with many in saying I'd rather it be right than rushed.

Just know there are many of us who DO understand what your job takes and the toll it can take on you. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I'd buy you all a cold one if I could!!

PS NineLine: I'm thinking a dev beer fund should be created for the team that we can all donate to. ;)

There is one already, here is the link :music_whistling: :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

It's OK, I'm not offended! I'm also not punishing anybody. I'm sure that ED are doing everything they can to get this VR improvement to us, and thanks to them for that.

Just expressing my personal disappointment that it wasn't released today. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed, I wish they hadn't stated that it had been done and ready on the Caucus and PG maps and would be rolled out. Expectation was set which leads to disappointment. I don't want them just releasing stuff just because, if its not ready

Agreed, I wish they hadn't stated that it had been done and ready on the Caucus and PG maps and would be rolled out. Expectation was set which leads to disappointment. I don't want them just releasing stuff just because, if its not ready

I definitely prefer to be told as much as possible. Decades of being a simulator and video game fan have taught me not to set my hopes too high.

I fly 100% in VR myself, so this update is a huge deal for me too. =)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

It's getting annoying to see part of the VR minority whining on the forum everyday. ED nicely said what they are working on, and why it got delayed, stop the thankless comments now ...

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

It's getting annoying to see part of the VR minority whining on the forum everyday. ED nicely said what they are working on, and why it got delayed, stop the thankless comments now ...

May be a minority today, but it's the future of flight sim'ing. I don't know that we're whining, more like "really really really want it" :D

I'm happy to wait. I've waited 35 years for the incredible VR experience, so whats a few more weeks?

BTW, have you been to FA18 and F14 threads recently? And you think VR guys are whiners! ;)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I too have been waiting since Comadore 64 days for this type of flight simming. I have always been an early adapter so have gone down the wrong path a few times but this time VR is the Golden path to total immergence. I just turned 70 so hope that I will see a few new advances before my last flight :music_whistling:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

+1

#ItsJustAGame

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am going to step that up a notch and say it's getting annoying to have all this hype EVERY weekend... people complaining and asking "where's the patch?" then we get it and it's "OMG bugs, wtf ED!" or "I didn't get this feature I wanted!" rinse and repeat. It's not just the VR guys, it's a lot of folks.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Hey now, don't single out the VR people. I agree with the sentiment but it's not the VR people more than anyone else. Read the past few pages, most of the people being unreasonable about the delay were talking about the Hornet updates.

VR people are certainly plenty guilty as well, but I don't think by any disproportionate amount. What IS annoying (and you may or may not be guilty) is the minority of Anti-VR people whining about the VR people.

But that's enough off-topic. The VAST majority of us here have nothing but love for ED devs and understand that hurdles pop up and can sometimes (always?) make releases of anything software get delayed.

I don't think anybody could be much more excited than I am about the performance boost for VR, but I keep my enthusiasm in check and can't stand the rude posts aimed at ED employees. I would give a temp ban to every poster who was blatantly rude (NOT everyone who complained, just the people who were uncivil about it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hearing MSI isn't in and JSOWs are bugged (you lose coords after dropping one).

I used the JSOW this morning. Went 8 for 8. 4 in PP and 4 in TOO. 40 miles out, 30K feet. They worked perfectly, and I didn’t experience loosing any coordinates.

I cannot find any included instant action or single mission nor for jdams nor for jsow...

Someone knows if they will add it and where i can get one?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I think most of us have been making our own test ones using the ME

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Self made mission is the only means to test the jdam/jsow.

I do hope the dcs dynamic campaign is cooking up good.

With the way the Hornet and other aircraft are shaping up, we do need that self generating combative environment to use all this new weapons, sensors.

I am really looking forward to Baltic dragon RAVEN ONE campaign.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Looks like they have fixed the ALL Core usage with this update! Thank you ED!!!

As my PC was using only one core in DCS by default, I've been having to manually set it to use ALL cores every time I start DCS. Doing this doubled my VR frame rates and stopped all stutters. I've been posting about it as much as possible to get the word out there for anyone else it can help:

Windows will use all cores by default with most chipset, but not with x99, x299 etc... anything "bigger" than a i7 x700K (ex : 6800K - 7800k or all "x" processors like 5960x).

In these cases you have the bug "1 core affinity" / "turbo boost

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3950069#post3950069

After the latest update, when I start DCS - ALL cores are now in use by default.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

Self made mission is the only means to test the jdam/jsow.

I do hope the dcs dynamic campaign is cooking up good.

With the way the Hornet and other aircraft are shaping up, we do need that self generating combative environment to use all this new weapons, sensors.

I am really looking forward to Baltic dragon RAVEN ONE campaign.

No, there is multiplayer also.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Looks like they have fixed the ALL Core usage with this update! Thank you ED!!!

As my PC was using only one core in DCS by default, I've been having to manually set it to use ALL cores every time I start DCS. Doing this doubled my VR frame rates and stopped all stutters. I've been posting about it as much as possible to get the word out there for anyone else it can help:

Windows will use all cores by default with most chipset, but not with x99, x299 etc... anything "bigger" than a i7 x700K (ex : 6800K - 7800k or all "x" processors like 5960x).

In these cases you have the bug "1 core affinity" / "turbo boost

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3950069#post3950069

After the latest update, when I start DCS - ALL cores are now in use by default.

I must be missing something here. For me on a i7 8700K, there is no difference between 2.5.4 and 2.5.5 latest update in this respect. All cores show usage in both versions of DCS. See attached for 2.5.4.

Also, all Processors are set to on in Affinity by default for me. I don't ever have to change that.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

What is this vr update everyone is talking about?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas