DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Is anybody updating?

I see the patch notes have been posted 30 minutes ago, but when I do an update it says I am up to date with 2.5.5.35461.

The update is supposed to come in about 15 minutes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it say they have fixed track replays?

one of the oldest tickets in the helpdesk queue finally cleared.

we should have a party.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

does it say they have fixed track replays?

one of the oldest tickets in the helpdesk queue finally cleared.

we should have a party.

It does say they fixed a problem that caused the incorrect replay of tracks. It doesn't say if this was the only problem that caused this :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 minutes....

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It does say they fixed a problem that caused the incorrect replay of tracks. It doesn't say if this was the only problem that caused this :music_whistling:

Working replays would be the most welcome news in this update. Of course the Viper is also nice. :thumbup:

Hmmmm... no boom....

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hmmmm... no boom....

Where is the Earth shattering kaboom?

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Totally agree, I don't believe track it's finally going to be "usable", they completely need to change the code behavior, switch from physics/input recording to a complete "REPLAY" solution. We lose the ability to take control in a specific point probably, but I think it's better have a good replay system instead the actual track that can't do anything well :thumbup:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

"She's" still in labour. Patience, Dad.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Totally agree, I don't believe track it's finally going to be "usable", they completely need to change the code behavior, switch from physics/input recording to a complete "REPLAY" solution. We lose the ability to take control in a specific point probably, but I think it's better have a good replay system instead the actual track that can't do anything well :thumbup:

A true replay solution would case a lot of other issues. It would cost a lot of performance during recording (meaning during gameplay) and it would also cause huge file sizes for each replay.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The pre-sale just ended, yay!

*throwing money and bonus points at ED*

Edit: Just bought it for 55.99$.

Tornado3 small.jpg

A true replay solution would case a lot of other issues. It would cost a lot of performance during recording (meaning during gameplay) and it would also cause huge file sizes for each replay.

I mean, non a rendered recording, like shadowplay,obs etc, I mean just a x,y,z and other relevant information recording over time, like it's done on tacview. Maybe save it each frame it's to much, but also unnecessary most of the time. All other game replays use this data and rendered with the game engine. Probably the file is bigger then a .trk? if it's going to work it's perfectly fine for me. .trk file it's at the moment is pretty useless.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Not yet...........................

Man-pulling-his-hair-out.jpg

YES, YES, YES! Updating now.